Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who cares who owns the land of Israel?

Default Who cares who owns the land of Israel?

Well, I do for one.

In Genesis 15:18 and following, the Bible says: 18 On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram saying: “To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates-- 19 “the Kenites, the Kenezzites, and the Kadmonites; 20 “the Hittites, the Perizzites, and the Rephaim; 21 “the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girga****es, and the Jebusites.”

The discussion about the boundary of this covenant and the true owners of this large plat of land (320,000 square miles vis a vis the small sliver of land of about 8,000 square miles, the Israelis now inhabit) has raged for nearly four thousand years.

The layout of the boundaries as drawn by Clarence Larkin in his book Dispensational Truths looks like this:

The modern map of Israel looks like this:

Israel Map

A basic history of the journey from Abram to modern Israel and how the Israelis lost so much of the land can be read @

http://www.jewfaq.org/israel.htm

Further references in the Bible that I have read (although not inclusive) do address the boundaries:

Deut 30:1
    Josh 1:4
    Josh 13
    Josh 21:43
    Ezek 47:13-23
    Ezek 48:1-29

I doubt if all would agree with this, but the obvious here is that the “land” belonged to Israel around 2500 years before there was a muslim religion. And yet, George W. Bush, in his Roadmap to Peace decided the Palestinians should have a state of their own. See origin of the name Palestinian @
    http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...d.php?t=134450

In Joel 3:2 we read: I will also gather all nations, And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also divided up my land.

The great mystery is that the US people keep electing presidents who claim to be Christians and yet these so called Christian presidents march like zombies straight into the abyss of Joel 3:2
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by RossLunch View Post
    Well, I do for one.

In Genesis 15:18 and following, the Bible says: 18 On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram saying: “To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates-- 19 “the Kenites, the Kenezzites, and the Kadmonites; 20 “the Hittites, the Perizzites, and the Rephaim; 21 “the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girga****es, and the Jebusites.”

The discussion about the boundary of this covenant and the true owners of this large plat of land (320,000 square miles vis a vis the small sliver of land of about 8,000 square miles, the Israelis now inhabit) has raged for nearly four thousand years.

The layout of the boundaries as drawn by Clarence Larkin in his book Dispensational Truths looks like this:

The modern map of Israel looks like this:

Israel Map

A basic history of the journey from Abram to modern Israel and how the Israelis lost so much of the land can be read @

http://www.jewfaq.org/israel.htm

Further references in the Bible that I have read (although not inclusive) do address the boundaries:

Deut 30:1
    Josh 1:4
    Josh 13
    Josh 21:43
    Ezek 47:13-23
    Ezek 48:1-29

I doubt if all would agree with this, but the obvious here is that the “land” belonged to Israel around 2500 years before there was a muslim religion. And yet, George W. Bush, in his Roadmap to Peace decided the Palestinians should have a state of their own. See origin of the name Palestinian @
    http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...d.php?t=134450

In Joel 3:2 we read: I will also gather all nations, And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also divided up my land.

The great mystery is that the US people keep electing presidents who claim to be Christians and yet these so called Christian presidents march like zombies straight into the abyss of Joel 3:2

What the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh way Blessed be the name of the Lord.

The land once given is now no longer theirs.

It was given for an OLAM . . .an age . . . The Olam is over, and so is the gift.

The promise does not apply today or to any future date, and has not for almost 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Theresej View Post

It was given for an OLAM . . .an age . . . The Olam is over, and so is the gift.

The promise does not apply today or to any future date, and has not for almost 2000 years.
    As someone recently pointed out Jesus is the ruler of the kings of the earth (Rev 1:5). If it were not His will then Israel would not exist. God may permit it to continue for shame or glory but it does persist.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

I am always amazed at all the deceptions that Christ warned us of in Matt 24....and how they are now happening right before our eyes.

And, in the same chapter as the Fig Tree too.

Wow.

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils..." 1 Timothy 4:1
    Semper Fi

Jesus Christ is Always Faithful

AMERICANISM
    NOT
    GLOBALISM

Ban GODWIT

In Genesis 15:18, God said "To your descendants I have given this land".
    Was that all his descendants, or only up to a point in time?
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of George View Post
    As someone recently pointed out Jesus is the ruler of the kings of the earth (Rev 1:5). If it were not His will then Israel would not exist. God may permit it to continue for shame or glory but it does persist.
    Yes. You are exactly right. And they live on the same land (or at least a small part of the same land) given by God in Gen 15:18.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    I am always amazed at all the deceptions that Christ warned us of in Matt 24....and how they are now happening right before our eyes.

And, in the same chapter as the Fig Tree too.

Wow.
    Excuse my density, but I don't understand.

THIS, just as all else that you've posted since you've signed on will be proved oh so horribly wrong in the not too distant future.

AntiChrist is coming, whether you think that's so or not as well.
    With your beliefs, you may just get along well with him.
    Waiting for His Return.

1John 4:8,16 He that loves not knows not God; for God is love. And we have known and believed the love that God has toward us. God is love; and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyInWaiting View Post
    THIS, just as all else that you've posted since you've signed on will be proved oh so horribly wrong in the not too distant future.

AntiChrist is coming, whether you think that's so or not as well.
    With your beliefs, you may just get along well with him.
    Thank you once again for your opinon. Bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by RossLunch View Post
    Yes. You are exactly right. And they live on the same land (or at least a small part of the same land) given by God in Gen 15:18.
    \

Yes, it is amazing how a poliatical movement can hijack a religion like the political zionists have and make it appear, through their abuse of the scriptures that this God's doing to fulfill a promise that no longer exists, as it has already been fulfilled.

That God has permitted it is evident, or, as Son of George said, it would not have happened. However, God's permissive will should never be mistake for His Divine perfect will.