Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: From where did the name "palestinian" come?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ms. America View Post
    Comparing Israel's possession of Israell with the possession of land in the USA is really more like comparing apples with oranges. The only commonality being that they are each, fruit.

The acerage in the middleast that God apportioned as Israel belongs NOT to people. It belongs to HIM! As the rightful owner of that land, HE decides who lives there and who doesn't. There are tons of scriptures in JOEL alone if you want to look them up. I've pasted a few of those references in another thread.
    God himself had much to say about whose land it is, and who he intends it for. Any protest regarding the Israeli occupation is an argument against God's desires and wishes. Conversely, the Indians came from hither, thither and yon also, same as we did. They conquered territories from other tribes, while eventually the brits won out over them. But Jesus hasn't mourned over the usA wishing that like chicks they would come under his wing, like he did Israel.

The only way for the middle east to make sense, is to see it from GOD'S pov, and not via the logic of man. Using man's logic, no nation would live anyplace on the earth because all lands have been conquered by somebody. Israel however, is different. It's God's.
    ^^^ Now that's right. When the Jews came back just before 1948, the land of Israel was a wasteland. With hard work and a lot of help from God, the Israelis turned the land into a garden. Then, and only then, did the migrants come in to find work. These are mostly the people who make up the "Palestinians".

Mark Twain's comments on the land of Israel:
    Mark Twain in the Holy Land

Mark Twain visited Israel in 1867, and published his impressions in Innocents Abroad. He described a desolate country – devoid of both vegetation and human population:
    “….. A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds… a silent mournful expanse…. a desolation…. we never saw a human being on the whole route…. hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country.”
    He was amazed by the smallness of the city of Jerusalem:
    “A fast walker could go outside the walls of Jerusalem and walk entirely around the city in an hour. I do not know how else to make one understand how small it is.”
    And he described the Temple Mount thus:
    “The mighty Mosque of Omar, and the paved court around it, occupy a fourth part of Jerusalem. They are upon Mount Moriah, where King Solomon’s Temple stood. This Mosque is the holiest place the Mohammedan knows, outside of Mecca. Up to within a year or two past, no christian could gain admission to it or its court for love or money. But the prohibition has been removed, and we entered freely for bucksheesh.”
    Chapters 45-56 of Innocents Abroad can be read on Shechem.org.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I was told today by a dear friend who studies the ancient texts that Jereusalem was in fact called Palestine. This particular land that is being returned to the Palestinians was always theirs, but Isreal occupied/overran it with their own people and defaulted on debt throughout the middle east. I learned alot in light of all that is going on today to help me better understand what is going on and why.

Quote Originally Posted by ejagno View Post
    I was told today by a dear friend who studies the ancient texts that Jereusalem was in fact called Palestine. This particular land that is being returned to the Palestinians was always theirs, but Isreal occupied/overran it with their own people and defaulted on debt throughout the middle east. I learned alot in light of all that is going on today to help me better understand what is going on and why.
    Could you reference the texts mentioned please. And cite where they trump the study referenced in the OP. The study seems pretty complete but I'm always open to a correction.
    Thanks.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Regarding who is the bad guy here, not withstanding that the land belongs to God and He sees fit to do as He wishes with it, remember this:

If the Arabs were to lay down their arms, there would be peace.

If the Jews were to lay down their arms, soon there would be no Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by grampster View Post
    Regarding who is the bad guy here, not withstanding that the land belongs to God and He sees fit to do as He wishes with it, remember this:

If the Arabs were to lay down their arms, there would be peace.

If the Jews were to lay down their arms, soon there would be no Israel.
    And that ^^^^ is the core of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RossLunch View Post
    Could you reference the texts mentioned please. And cite where they trump the study referenced in the OP. The study seems pretty complete but I'm always open to a correction.
    Thanks.
    I'll try to talk to them this weekend and get the information for you, barring any rapture. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ejagno View Post
    I'll try to talk to them this weekend and get the information for you, barring any rapture. LOL

You can still look me up and tell me. I would very much appreciate it.