Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yummy Chocolate Bars?

Default Yummy Chocolate Bars?

Okay, so I have my baking cocoa, chocolate chips, hot chocolate already to go in my long term food storage. (Of course, I keep it rotated so it's always fairly fresh. )

I'm looking for a great tasting chocolate bar that is commercially available that I can store.

I need something half-way affordable but taste great. If it cost more than silver on an ounce by ounce basis--it's out of my price range.

Hershey Bars?--don't really like their chocolate.

So help me out--

What's your favorite chocolate bar?
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

My favorite is Special Dark. Sorry, it's Hershey. A close 2nd is a Milky Way.

Not exactly what you're asking about, but I always keep 10 or so snickers bars in the freezer.

They are great as a quick energy, chocolatey snack.

Azure has some great bars that you can bulk buy. I like the Endangered Species and Newman's own. I prefer the dark chocolate, but it needs to be 65% or below for me to really enjoy. The 70% stuff is almost too dark for me. I can't remember which brand it is, but one of them is on sale right now. I am not sure what Coscto has to offer for chocolate besides Hershey's. Which I don't care for either by the way.

We prefer the chocolate bars from Aldi's, it's a high quality chocolat e from Belgium and doesn't taste like wax.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

PW, unfortunately there are not any Aldi's near Homesteader or myself. I wish there were though. I keep reading about their great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    We prefer the chocolate bars from Aldi's, it's a high quality chocolat e from Belgium and doesn't taste like wax.

K-
    Yeah!
    They have these chocolate bars called Moser-Roth which come in flavors like orange and chili (it's good!) They also have a variety of ones labelled by country with the chocolate percentages. I know when I have a 70% one it kicks in like a cup of coffee- not kid stuff! Last trip, I picked up a box of Belgian seashell chocolates a few days after Valentine's Day for 99 cents.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Avandris, I'm sorry. I got all excited because Pachy mentioned the Aldi's chocolate and I went off into chocolate nirvana. If you get into Boise, there's a Home Goods store and it's a good place for gourmet items and nice chocolate. They have all kinds of special candies for Easter treats right now.
    "This is my Father's world.
    O let me ne'er forget
    that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
    God is the ruler yet."

Maybe look for Ghiradelli from Amazon?

Summerthyme

Dove Chocolate!

[QUOTE=packyderms_wife;1451466]We prefer the chocolate bars from Aldi's, it's a high quality chocolat e from Belgium and doesn't taste like wax.

This is what we like too. Stored them in mylar bags with absorbers. So far I haven't seen a price increase but expect one soon.