Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taboo subject...Romans 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Taboo subject...Romans 1

I'm daring to touch this..

Rom 1:24 Wherefore also God did give them up, in the desires of their hearts, to uncleanness, to dishonour their bodies among themselves;

Rom 1:25 who did change the truth of God into a falsehood, and did honour and serve the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed to the ages. Amen.

Rom 1:26 Because of this did God give them up to dishonourable affections, for even their females did change the natural use into that against nature;

Rom 1:27 and in like manner also the males having left the natural use of the female, did burn in their longing toward one another; males with males working shame, and the recompense of their error that was fit, in themselves receiving.

This is a non G rated portion of Instruction , I posted Young s Literal , which is is a less interpretive translation , so the reader can hopefully glean an unbiased interpretation.

Many use this text to condemn homosexual behavior , that is certainly in the text concerning men, but I think that it's also indicating that this act even with " Their Women" is sin, depraved and outside of permissible relations with ones own wife.

Meaning this text is not about women and women... it's about men and women.

There are things that can't be done in a marriage , and this is one of them .

The other is...

Lev 20:18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

Lev 20:18 " 'If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people.

Anyway taboo subject... There seems to be some pretty serious instructions concerning what is acceptable and what will get you cut off from Israel.

These instructions affect behavior in the bed room.

I can tell you that medically, it's pretty ugly what happens to you after practicing sodomy (for both M/F). Your body wasn't designed to do that. Period. Don't worry though if you plan on making that a way of copulating. There's always a colostomy after numerous surgeries to keep things from leaking out.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Good points. I agree. I still believe this passage can be used in reference to lesbians as well, since it's not crystal clear grammatically.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Stop trying to invade everyone's privacy by imposing your fairy tale religious beliefs upon others' bedroom preferences!!! :p

No, I agree. It still amazes me how the principles and commandments in God's Word continue to be proven scientifically and medically every day, and those things were written thousands of years ago. God's Word is designed to set us free and to benefit our health and relationships with others, NOT to put us in bondage.
    I will bear the indignation of YHWH, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness. -Micah 7:9

Quote Originally Posted by clearvoice View Post
    I'm daring to touch this..

Rom 1:24 Wherefore also God did give them up, in the desires of their hearts, to uncleanness, to dishonour their bodies among themselves;

Rom 1:25 who did change the truth of God into a falsehood, and did honour and serve the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed to the ages. Amen.

Rom 1:26 Because of this did God give them up to dishonourable affections, for even their females did change the natural use into that against nature;

Rom 1:27 and in like manner also the males having left the natural use of the female, did burn in their longing toward one another; males with males working shame, and the recompense of their error that was fit, in themselves receiving.

This is a non G rated portion of Instruction , I posted Young s Literal , which is is a less interpretive translation , so the reader can hopefully glean an unbiased interpretation.

Many use this text to condemn homosexual behavior , that is certainly in the text concerning men, but I think that it's also indicating that this act even with " Their Women" is sin, depraved and outside of permissible relations with ones own wife.

Meaning this text is not about women and women... it's about men and women.

There are things that can't be done in a marriage , and this is one of them .

The other is...

Lev 20:18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

Lev 20:18 " 'If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people.

Anyway taboo subject... There seems to be some pretty serious instructions concerning what is acceptable and what will get you cut off from Israel.

These instructions affect behavior in the bed room.
    Respectfully, I think you guys may have missed a key part of clearvoice's post:

That is the law prohibiting even marital s*x when the woman is menstruating, and that doing so will cause both partners to be cut off from Israel.

So clearvoice is basically telling you all not to have s*x when the female is menstruating or you're going to be cut off from Israel, which in clearvoice's ambiguous language means don't do it or you're going to hell.

-JGIG

Edited to add:

Apparently in clearvoice's belief system, menstrual blood has more power to send you to hell than the shed Blood of Christ does to keep you out.
    Just sayin'.
    Last edited by JGIG; 04-06-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Added thought

"If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JGIG View Post
    Respectfully, I think you guys may have missed a key part of clearvoice's post:

That is the law prohibiting even marital s*x when the woman is menstruating, and that doing so will cause both partners to be cut off from Israel.

So clearvoice is basically telling you all not to have s*x when the female is menstruating or you're going to be cut off from Israel, which in clearvoice's ambiguous language means don't do it or you're going to hell.

-JGIG

Edited to add:

Apparently in clearvoice's belief system, menstrual blood has more power to send you to hell than the shed Blood of Christ does to keep you out.
    Just sayin'.
    Actually, Clearvoice didn't say that about "Don't do it with a woman when she's menstruating"--God did (minus the "going to hell" part. Clearvoice actually didn't say that either.) Have fun making fun of the Bible.
    "You can be sincere and still be stupid."
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Lev 20:18 "'If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people.

Leviticus is in the Bible, JGIG. You don't have to like it, but at least don't mock it. :P
    "You can be sincere and still be stupid."
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Tolstoy View Post
    Lev 20:18 "'If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people.

Leviticus is in the Bible, JGIG. You don't have to like it, but at least don't mock it. :P
    She can't help herself. Mocking Scripture has become old hat with her. Just go read her blog post about tzittzits. You can practically smell the condescension.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    She can't help herself. Mocking Scripture has become old hat with her. Just go read her blog post about tzittzits. You can practically smell the condescension.
    See the above post ^^^^^.

-JGIG

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    A "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to provoke people to respond.

The Forum Troll delights in sowing discord within a forum.

A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is deliberately controvertial, baiting and pulling people into a "flaming" discussion.

Flaming discussions usually end with name calling, a flame war and at best a locked thread or in extreme cases a deleted thread.

Trolling is a form of harassment that can completely monopolize a forum discussion.

Well meaning defenders can create chaos simply by responding to trolls. The more responses a troll gets the more ammunition he has to stir things up further.

The best response is to ignore a troll starve them of the food they live on, or to report a message to a forum moderator. Most moderators will usually delete troll messages or simply delete their accounts.
    (source)

-JGIG