Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91

Thread: Taboo subject...Romans 1

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Tolstoy View Post
    Actually, Clearvoice didn't say that about "Don't do it with a woman when she's menstruating"--God did
    Point taken =o). That command was, however, part of the Mosaic Covenant Law, a law to which those in Christ are no longer bound. Those rules and regs were for Israel, to keep her separate from the world so that Messiah would be recognized when He came.

    He has come!

    (minus the "going to hell" part. Clearvoice actually didn't say that either.)
    I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong, but in clearvoice's paradigm, those who become believers do become Israel, so to be 'cut off' for willfully disobeying an edict found in Mosaic Covenant Law would cut one off from Israel, therefore cutting one off from God.

    You do the math.

    Have fun making fun of the Bible.
    Not doing anything of the sort. Just disagreeing with someone's interpretation that those in Christ are bound to Mosaic Covenant Law. Lots of support in the New Testament for that view - for the Law 'keeping' view - not so much.

    But feel free to continue to lob your ad hom snarky comments my way . . . you do significant damage to your position by throwing rotten fruit.

    By all means, carry on .

    -JGIG


    "If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

    www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    She can't help herself. Mocking Scripture has become old hat with her. Just go read her blog post about tzittzits. You can practically smell the condescension.
    See the above post ^^^^^.

    -JGIG


    "If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

    www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    She can't help herself. Mocking Scripture has become old hat with her. Just go read her blog post about tzittzits. You can practically smell the condescension.
    A "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to provoke people to respond.

    The Forum Troll delights in sowing discord within a forum.

    A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is deliberately controvertial, baiting and pulling people into a "flaming" discussion.

    Flaming discussions usually end with name calling, a flame war and at best a locked thread or in extreme cases a deleted thread.

    Trolling is a form of harassment that can completely monopolize a forum discussion.

    Well meaning defenders can create chaos simply by responding to trolls. The more responses a troll gets the more ammunition he has to stir things up further.

    The best response is to ignore a troll starve them of the food they live on, or to report a message to a forum moderator. Most moderators will usually delete troll messages or simply delete their accounts.
    (source)


    -JGIG


    "If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

    www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGIG View Post
    A "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to provoke people to respond.

    The Forum Troll delights in sowing discord within a forum.

    A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is deliberately controvertial, baiting and pulling people into a "flaming" discussion.

    Flaming discussions usually end with name calling, a flame war and at best a locked thread or in extreme cases a deleted thread.

    Trolling is a form of harassment that can completely monopolize a forum discussion.

    Well meaning defenders can create chaos simply by responding to trolls. The more responses a troll gets the more ammunition he has to stir things up further.

    The best response is to ignore a troll starve them of the food they live on, or to report a message to a forum moderator. Most moderators will usually delete troll messages or simply delete their accounts.
    (source)


    -JGIG
    lol

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Your disdain for my religious views and my opinion of your blog is nowhere near sufficient cause to label me a "forum troll". By those standards you would be one yourself.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mother Lode
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGIG View Post
    Apparently in clearvoice's belief system, menstrual blood has more power to send you to hell than the shed Blood of Christ does to keep you out.
    Just sayin'.
    HIS belief system??????? Oh-my-golly.

    JG, do you think that this type of abomidable activity would be something a person should repent of, or continue in?

    Would continuing in this activity be approved of by Yahshua...especially when Yahshua condemns it?

    Rod of IRON comes to mind...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    HIS belief system??????? Oh-my-golly.

    JG, do you think that this type of abomidable activity would be something a person should repent of, or continue in?

    Would continuing in this activity be approved of by Yahshua...especially when Yahshua condemns it?

    Rod of IRON comes to mind...
    Exactly. I don't know how she can continue to claim that she's not mocking Scripture when she clearly is. JGIG is insinuating that all those Israelites were just subject to the whims of a bipolar god, and she's the enlightened Christian who doesn't have to put up with such nonsense because Jesus died.

    In other words, God made up a bunch of bull for the Hebrews to muck around with just for giggles, had all these OT prophets call that bull "truth" and "life", and then turn around 2000 years later and randomly change His mind and call everything He ever said before "bondage" and no longer true, thus making it a lie, thus making God a liar and a purveyor of bull. How is such a perverted theology NOT mockery?

    That attitude sickens me, quite frankly. Making fun of believing what the Scriptures say is true is mockery any way you slice it. The logical conclusion to such reasoning is plainly evident to anyone who has eyes to see and ears to hear.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    521

    Default

    I read somewhere that Lev. 20:18 behaviour contributed to endometriosis, a tumor-like condition in the uterus - often prevents pregancy and as it becomes advanced, requires surgery.

    Was that why God forbade the activity? Health reasons?

    He does want us "to be health."
    "When Christ uttered the cry, 'It is finished,' he knew that the battle was won. As a moral conqueror, he planted his banner on the eternal heights. Was there not joy among the angels? Not a son nor a daughter of Adam but could now lay hold on the merits of the spotless son of God, and say: 'Christ has died for me. He is my saviour...'" - Ellen G. White.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    She can't help herself. Mocking Scripture has become old hat with her. Just go read her blog post about tzittzits. You can practically smell the condescension.

    ROFL at your sig. Nice.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustic Rose View Post
    I read somewhere that Lev. 20:18 behaviour contributed to endometriosis, a tumor-like condition in the uterus - often prevents pregancy and as it becomes advanced, requires surgery.

    Was that why God forbade the activity? Health reasons?

    He does want us "to be health."
    That may very well be the case. I'm not saying it's not an okay practice on a practical level health-wise.

    What I'm saying is that those in Christ will not be cut off from God if we do not keep the jots and tittles found in Mosaic Covenant Law.

    -JGIG


    "If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

    www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •