Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taboo subject...Romans 1

Quote Originally Posted by JGIG View Post
    A "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to provoke people to respond.

The Forum Troll delights in sowing discord within a forum.

A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is deliberately controvertial, baiting and pulling people into a "flaming" discussion.

Flaming discussions usually end with name calling, a flame war and at best a locked thread or in extreme cases a deleted thread.

Trolling is a form of harassment that can completely monopolize a forum discussion.

Well meaning defenders can create chaos simply by responding to trolls. The more responses a troll gets the more ammunition he has to stir things up further.

The best response is to ignore a troll starve them of the food they live on, or to report a message to a forum moderator. Most moderators will usually delete troll messages or simply delete their accounts.
    (source)

-JGIG

Quote Originally Posted by JGIG View Post
    A "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to provoke people to respond.

The Forum Troll delights in sowing discord within a forum.

A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is deliberately controvertial, baiting and pulling people into a "flaming" discussion.

Flaming discussions usually end with name calling, a flame war and at best a locked thread or in extreme cases a deleted thread.

Trolling is a form of harassment that can completely monopolize a forum discussion.

Well meaning defenders can create chaos simply by responding to trolls. The more responses a troll gets the more ammunition he has to stir things up further.

The best response is to ignore a troll starve them of the food they live on, or to report a message to a forum moderator. Most moderators will usually delete troll messages or simply delete their accounts. (source)

-JGIG
    Interesting post, JGIG.

Some of the first posts by AC was on the thread, "Judiazers in the Church -- The Yoke of Torah." I refer you to the following posts:
    #61, 70, 75, 82, 97, and 103."

#97 was a most interesting post... I think somehow my post hit a very sensitive nerve considering we've had virtually no posts directed towards each other. Considering this was just one of his first posts, AC sure came on strong.... even if he'd been following various threads before he joined TOL (or "she".)

Originally Posted by cowgirl4christ
    Don't let someone jumble up the Bible and try to talk over your head and twist things.

AC responded...

What about if somebody calls you a Satanist and tells you Jesus was a sinner who broke His Father's Law and if you don't agree with that you're going to hell?

"A Brief Bible Study of Matthew 5:17-19" has provoked another rash of provacative posts (and I mean that in the sense of acting in a sense to anger or incite).

These include the following posts: #146, 149, 152, 158, 161, 164, 166, 170.

Considering his join date was just March 16, 2011....

if it reads like a troll, writes like a troll, and thinks like a troll..............

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl4christ View Post
    Interesting post, JGIG.

Some of the first posts by AC was on the thread, "Judiazers in the Church -- The Yoke of Torah." I refer you to the following posts:

#97 was a most interesting post... I think somehow my post hit a very sensitive nerve considering we've had virtually no posts directed towards each other. Considering this was just one of his first posts, AC sure came on strong.... even if he'd been following various threads before he joined TOL (or "she".)

"A Brief Bible Study of Matthew 5:17-19" has provoked another rash of provacative posts (and I mean that in the sense of acting in a sense to anger or incite).

if it reads like a troll, writes like a troll, and thinks like a troll..............
    lol, posting things you don't like doesn't qualify me for "troll" status. Sorry. If I was calling people who disagreed with me "Satanists", you might have a point, but sadly for you, I've done no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    lol, posting things you don't like doesn't qualify me for "troll" status. Sorry. If I was calling people who disagreed with me "Satanists", you might have a point, but sadly for you, I've done no such thing.
    Gotcha!

Whatever. I'm sorry that honest questions like the one you copied above provoke you to call me names.

Whatever. I'm sorry that honest questions like the one you copied above provoke you to call me names.

What name did I call you, pray tell?

Interesting post, JGIG.

And if it's our ol' buddy CO, I have the privilege of having him troll me on two forums!

Lucky me !

-JGIG

"If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com

Default Which law do you follow?

It's really interesting that Paul teaches Torah , and if he does that, well we can assume that that particular law is probably good , wholesome and expedient for a believer to adhere to.

So adherence to this commandment is subject to whether one believes they are "under the law" ?

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

While Paul clearly teaches that such behavior is judgment because God has given those that turned away from the love of the truth over to a depraved mind. He's condemning them firsts for turning from the truth in the first place. And then they are given over to their lust as , judgement for not obeying God in the first place!

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

This wrath comes to those.... who hold the truth in unrighteousness.

Hold is :

Strong's G2722 - katechō

1) to hold back, detain, retain
    a) from going away
    b) to restrain, hinder (the course or progress of)

They have a bible or a Torah with teachings and instructions telling them not to do these things , but they do it anyway. That is holding the truth back , they are not progressing .

The word says not to make idols , but they do it any way ... they are not advancing in the cause of righteousness. They are retarding it , and even going backwards, or back sliding.

So Paul clearly condemns this outright evil and reprehensible behavior , as my point was that this was about Men misusing "their" women , as well as men and men ... doing that which is unseemly.

That is what the Greek suggest , this is not about women and women it's about men misappropriating the natural use of the woman.

And I don't believe that includes other less intrusive options.. go read Song of Solomon for ideas on that ...

The reaction .. of those who don't want to obey the instructions of righteousness , just because God said to , but rather try to find some medical or logical reason why they should. Sounds to me like a snotty brat kid who has no respect whatsoever for their parents. And in this case OUR CREATOR. And continually ask " WHY'?"

The fact that one would , adhere to Paul's admonition and reject Torah is beyond me.

Especially when Paul said

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You want to know how to be righteous ? Go read the scriptures!

The steps of Abraham were first to believe God, and then to obey HIM. Belief alone will not complete our journey.

And it sounds like you are holding a grudge.....

What name did I call you, pray tell?
    A troll of course, just two posts ago.