Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Taboo subject...Romans 1

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    I don't know who you think I am, but it doesn't really matter.
    so your .....'Popeye the Sailor Man'?

I only say that because you 'am what you am',

Know what I mean jelly bean?
    Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psa 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Isa 66:2For all those [things] hath mine hand made, and all those [things] have been, saith the LORD: but to this [man] will I look, [even] to [him that is] poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

The fact that I apparently have the power to irritate so many people merely by posting on the internet is quite flattering. Methinks Mr. Popeye up there is chomping down on something other than spinach...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    I don't know who you think I am, but it doesn't really matter. May I call your attention to the fact that it was I who was called names in this thread. I have not made this thread "ugly" in any fashion whatsoever. I keep getting accused of being someone else via some very strange remarks. One minute we're discussing the OP, the next I'm being called a "troll" for absolutely no reason.

If anyone has made this "ugly" as you put it, it has not been myself.
    Believe me, not one ounce of me thinks you are who "they" think you are....at all.

And, I've watched MANY a thread get derailed by "law keepers."

Dog gone it...there I go again....I forgot I'm not supposed to post because every time I do, my in-laws get drug into viewing my posts....and put in the middle....and I get accused of being divisive when in fact I didn't show them the posts....someone ELSE did.

I hope they get to view ALL posts.....just sayin'
    Last edited by Zippin' with Grace; 04-08-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Needed to add "dog gone it."

Default Please get off my thread

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl4christ View Post
    Believe me, not one ounce of me thinks you are who "they" think you are....at all.

And, I've watched MANY a thread get derailed by "law keepers."

Dog gone it...there I go again....I forgot I'm not supposed to post because every time I do, my in-laws get drug into viewing my posts....and put in the middle....and I get accused of being divisive when in fact I didn't show them the posts....someone ELSE did.

Please get off my thread

Quote Originally Posted by clearvoice View Post
    Please get off my thread
    I respectfully will do so. I wish I would have been afforded the same respect by you on MY thread "Judaizers in the Church-The Yoke of Torah!" Part 1".

Quote Originally Posted by clearvoice View Post
    It's really interesting that Paul teaches Torah , and if he does that, well we can assume that that particular law is probably good , wholesome and expedient for a believer to adhere to.

So adherence to this commandment is subject to whether one believes they are "under the law" ?

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

While Paul clearly teaches that such behavior is judgment because God has given those that turned away from the love of the truth over to a depraved mind. He's condemning them firsts for turning from the truth in the first place. And then they are given over to their lust as , judgement for not obeying God in the first place!

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

This wrath comes to those.... who hold the truth in unrighteousness.

Hold is :

Strong's G2722 - katechō

1) to hold back, detain, retain
    a) from going away
    b) to restrain, hinder (the course or progress of)

They have a bible or a Torah with teachings and instructions telling them not to do these things , but they do it anyway. That is holding the truth back , they are not progressing .

The word says not to make idols , but they do it any way ... they are not advancing in the cause of righteousness. They are retarding it , and even going backwards, or back sliding.

So Paul clearly condemns this outright evil and reprehensible behavior , as my point was that this was about Men misusing "their" women , as well as men and men ... doing that which is unseemly.

That is what the Greek suggest , this is not about women and women it's about men misappropriating the natural use of the woman.

And I don't believe that includes other less intrusive options.. go read Song of Solomon for ideas on that ...

The reaction .. of those who don't want to obey the instructions of righteousness , just because God said to , but rather try to find some medical or logical reason why they should. Sounds to me like a snotty brat kid who has no respect whatsoever for their parents. And in this case OUR CREATOR. And continually ask " WHY'?"

The fact that one would , adhere to Paul's admonition and reject Torah is beyond me.

Especially when Paul said

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You want to know how to be righteous ? Go read the scriptures!

The steps of Abraham were first to believe God, and then to obey HIM. Belief alone will not complete our journey.
    Great post, CV...great thread!

Did you happen to see Rico's two 45 minute segments on the threshhold covenants? It sure speaks to these issues also...and the blood covenant between a woman and a man.

I sure hate to see these serious things of God be made light of or diminished.

It's truly saddening.

To the original poster: I'm sorry about this, but I think it's only fair that I defend my family when they are being slandered unjustly left and right. :) I hope you understand! ~Deanne

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl4christ View Post

*SIGH* I guess I have to show up here and do "damage control" again. :P

Hmmm. You said someone shows us (me) your posts that provide false information about my family? WHO exactly shows me these posts? I don't know what you mean. lol. Maybe it was a typo on your part. Anyway, it's a little silly that you would bare false witness against a family whom you know for a fact are members at TOL. It's almost like you WANT us to see it. Oh yeah, I overlooked that last sentence there, haha my bad!!

Have a stellar Passover!!! (that goes for everyone on this thread )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV70RLfZIlI
    Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked
    or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
    but whose delight is in the law of YHWH,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
    That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season
    and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.

Quote Originally Posted by Citygirl4Yahweh View Post
    To the original poster: I'm sorry about this, but I think it's only fair that I defend my family when they are being slandered unjustly left and right. :) I hope you understand! ~Deanne

Hmmm. You said someone shows us (me) your posts that provide false information about my family? WHO exactly shows me these posts? I don't know what you mean. lol. Maybe it was a typo on your part. Anyway, it's a little silly that you would bare false witness against a family whom you know for a fact are members at TOL. It's almost like you WANT us to see it. Oh yeah, I overlooked that last sentence there, haha my bad!!

My dear, I am not talking about you....somehow I know you know that. Your father is dragging YOUR grandparents into this. If you somehow do not know that....then ask HIM. There is absolutely NO false witness against your immediate family, "Deanne." Every time I post, your grandparents are drug into this and told "see! see!" I am not the one causing heart ache and pain. That has been your father's choice/decision to drag them into this. I have left out ALL family members about my posts here at TOL....as a matter of fact, we really had little communication after Christmas with most....but I HAVE been slandered to family members....but because of your dad's "dare", they rightfully so, do not share what he has said.

For those who think there's an awful lot of dirty laundry being aired here, you're right.....you'll notice the onslaught of attacks here on TOL started AFTER I posted about Jim Staley's attack on me. They've made it their mission to slander and attack me. Things have been mighty quiet since I've stopped posting. My husband has given me his blessing to address some recent posts. You'll notice, all the big guns are starting to show up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Citygirl4Yahweh View Post

And I'VE been accused of being paranoid?????.....

Clearvoice,

I apologize profusely for having posted the above. I saw the response to my post and gave an automatic response....I went back and looked at what thread it was on and realized it was your thread. Again, I am very sorry.

Blessings,
    C4C