Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Taboo subject...Romans 1

Aunt, Regardless of whether or not you were talking about me (I wasn't sure so that's why I put "me" in parenthesis), you were still talking about my immediate family. I think that we would really appreciate if you would stop slandering us over a public forum. There's really no reason to continue your personal vendetta any longer. Of COURSE I'm going to speak the Truth about those in my family if they are being slandered in a public forum that everyone can see... I'm sure you would want to do the same for your immediate family as well. Is it really so hard to not bring up my family on a forum? It is not tasteful. Just know that when you speak in code, we know who you are talking about.

It may appear that I'm taking this too personally... maybe if YOU were called a "demon child" you would be the same way. ;)
    Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked
    or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
    but whose delight is in the law of YHWH,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
    That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season
    and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.

Default np

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl4christ View Post
    Clearvoice,

I apologize profusely for having posted the above. I saw the response to my post and gave an automatic response....I went back and looked at what thread it was on and realized it was your thread. Again, I am very sorry.

Blessings,
    C4C
    np

Please just stay on topic.. and quit fighting and/or and slighting people, namely those of us who think there is some value in obeying Gods commandments.

Default Very interesting stuff I want to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Great post, CV...great thread!

Did you happen to see Rico's two 45 minute segments on the threshhold covenants? It sure speaks to these issues also...and the blood covenant between a woman and a man.

I sure hate to see these serious things of God be made light of or diminished.

It's truly saddening.

I think I did listen to that, and it made a lot of sense. This was already an established practice before passover in Egypt. The shed blood of the covenant on the doorpost was a sign of the covenant. Very interesting stuff, I want to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    The fact that I apparently have the power to irritate so many people merely by posting on the internet is quite flattering. Methinks Mr. Popeye up there is chomping down on something other than spinach...

Oh.... You don't irritate me at all...
    In fact I'm glad your here ( no matter what screen name you use) for two main reasons.
    1. You are a walking advertisment as to why a person should not join with the HR 'movement'.
    2. You ammuse me.

Sometimes number one and number two flip, but you get the general idea
    Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psa 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Isa 66:2For all those [things] hath mine hand made, and all those [things] have been, saith the LORD: but to this [man] will I look, [even] to [him that is] poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

All I can say is WOW!
    If this what the so called "Seminary" is like, I am glad I very rarely ever visit here. There seems to be more bickering in this area of TTOL than all others combined. What a great witness for baby or non-Christians who may visit!

I think I will stick with the more informative areas of the Tree.
    Good riddance!
    "How is it possible to have a civil war?" - George Carlin

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." - George Orwell

Default Thanks for the on-topic input

Quote Originally Posted by yatagan View Post
    All I can say is WOW!
    If this what the so called "Seminary" is like, I am glad I very rarely ever visit here. There seems to be more bickering in this area of TTOL than all others combined. What a great witness for baby or non-Christians who may visit!

I think I will stick with the more informative areas of the Tree.
    Good riddance!

Thanks for the on-topic input and joining the fray.... I wish they would go to the alley and fight.

Default once again

Quote Originally Posted by clearvoice View Post

Nice to meet you Jazzy...

House of Judah

One point of contention , keeping Torah doesn't make you Jewish , being born of the tribe of Judah, or being of the nation of Judea (tribes of: Judah, Benyamin or Levy) would make you "Jewish" , or converting to the doctrines of the Pharisees , or the modern Rabbinical Judaism might make you Jewish by religion. But following Torah " the commandments of God" , just makes you a faithful servant of the Most High, and great in the kingdom according to Matthew 5:19.

Keeping the commandments for gentiles?

1Cr 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

What's strange about this verse in 1st Corinthians 7:19 ? Isn't being circumcised a commandment of God? It is...

Let me suggest an answer , the term "circumcision" is not referring to an act of keeping the commandments of God, but a reference to a religion, or a peoples i.e. Greek "ethos" and not meaning those literally circumcised, rather those "of the culture of circumcision" that are distinctly Jewish in this context, those "of the nations" i.e. Gentiles are not identified in this way.

According to Paul it doesn't matter if you are ethnically and culturally Jewish " of the Circumcision " or " of the nations" ; the weighty matter is keeping the commandments of God. Literal Circumcision is a commandment of God , so Paul is not using the term "circumcision" the way you think he is, He is meaning it as a cultural and religious identifier.

Becoming Jewish would be to assume a cultural heritage that is uniquely Jewish , that would be silly to try to do unless you were in fact Jewish by birth or adoption or something like that.

Yet he is very clear , the weightier matter is keeping the commandments of God.

House of Joseph
    There are at least 10+ other tribes , that comprise Northern Israel that are the exiles of Israel ... Generally known as the tribes of Ruben, Simeon, Dan , Naphtali , Issachar, Asher, Gad , Zebulen, Joseph ( Ephraim and Manasseh ) None of these tribes would be considered to be Jewish , they are referred to as the House of Joseph , Israel , or Ephraim. They are Israelite , just not Jewish.

Regarding Act 15

The question was what the " non- Jews" had to do to be saved. The Believing Pharisees insisted they had to keep the customs of Moses and be circumcised to be saved.

Young's literal

Act 15:1 And certain having come down from Judea, were teaching the brethren -- `If ye be not circumcised after the custom of Moses, ye are not able to be saved;'

The Greek word used for custom is Ethos not nomos ( law )...

This is an important distinction from following the instructions of the Torah. The Pharisees had added volumes of commandments and heavy burdens beyond the Torah and exalted themselves and their own teachings above the written word of God. They still do today, it is called the Oral Torah, a separate set of man made laws and traditions codified in various writings; the Jerusalem Talmud or the Babylonian Talmud. Regardless they are additions to the Torah.

Deu 12:32
    What thing so ever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Deu 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

These additions of commandments were expressly forbidden in the Torah, so the "Jews" , both Pharisees and Rabbis have broken this commandment by their traditions and additions to the law. And Yeshuah was very clear in his Words and Actions; he didn't follow or endorse their traditions or additions, and called them on it several times in the Gospels.

Mat 23:4 for they bind together burdens heavy and grievous to be borne, and lay upon the shoulders of men, but with their finger they will not move them.

Mat 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Back to Acts 15 , the question is “ what” must the gentiles do to be saved? The Pharisees proposed they must be circumcised after the customs of Moses. You have to take into account who is asking the question. It was “Certain” of the sect of the Pharisees (The Separated ones.)

Act 15:5 and there rose up certain of those of the sect of the Pharisees who believed, saying -- `It behoveth to circumcise them, to command them also to keep the law of Moses.'

You have to understand these are the same group of People that Paul took to task in Galatians, and Paul was once a Pharisee himself. They don’t keep Torah themselves, but make thousands of rules in addition to the Torah, and many of those traditions violate the Torah. Just because they believed Yeshua was the Messiah didn’t change their doctrines and sense of authority. They wanted to Yoke, the new converts into Pharisaical Judaism, which included the Oral Torah (doctrines of men), and the written Torah, the law of Moses.

Do you have to do that to be saved? No, you have to receive the free gift of Yehovah, and trust in the name of his Messiah, Yeshua. You don’t have to keep the rules and regulations of men, or keep Torah to be saved; salvation is a gift of God. However, is that the end or our journey? No it is not, and it wasn’t the end of the journey for those Gentiles believers either.

act 15:10 now, therefore, why do ye tempt God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

The burdens and the "Yoke" ( teachings ) of Pharisaical Judaism were not the Torah of Yehovah , it was the doctrines and the teachings of the Pharisees.

James has more instructions
    Act 15:19 wherefore I judge: not to trouble those who from the nations do turn back to God,
    Act 15:20 but to write to them to abstain from the pollutions of the idols, and the whoredom, and the strangled thing; and the blood;
    Act 15:21 for Moses from former generations in every city hath those preaching him -- in the synagogues every sabbath being read.'

These new converts are turning back to God, they have begun a process in which the Holy Spirit is leading them , through their new High Priest Yeshua, not a group of Pharisees , who in all honesty have a lot of unlearning to do themselves. James tells the gentiles to abstain from things that would make them unclean , so that they can go hear the Torah on the Sabbath , in the synagogues . By the way this is how a proselyte would be treated. That is James is treating them as babes and converts , and opening the door for them to learn and grow in knowledge and grace , while hearing Moses being read.
    once again

I honestly don't understand why God has to tell people not to "be together" when a woman has her period.

As for sodomy, the Bible clearly states that it is an abomination to the Lord--'nuff said.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Default Part of the commandments

Quote Originally Posted by Melodious Musician View Post
    I honestly don't understand why God has to tell people not to "be together" when a woman has her period.

As for sodomy, the Bible clearly states that it is an abomination to the Lord--'nuff said.
    Why do we need this?

Because people are sinners by nature and need instruction on how not to be stupid. That's is the only thing I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by clearvoice View Post
    Why do we need this?

Because people are sinners by nature and need instruction on how not to be stupid. That's is the only thing I can think of.
    lol yep, that basically sums it up. God is smarter than we are. I think I will put my trust in Him and His instructions, even when I don't understand, because He has a reason for commanding those things...mostly because He loves us and wants us to be happy and healthy. :)
    I will bear the indignation of YHWH, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness. -Micah 7:9