Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Taboo subject...Romans 1

sorry
    by grace through faith guy here ,that is hard enough for me
    if someone handed a rule book to me years ago,i would have thrown it right back at them and carried on as usual.
    for those that want to follow the law,more power to you,but i will stick to my guns til told otherwise---by the Lord Himself

Default Now you've been told ...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebee View Post
    sorry
    by grace through faith guy here ,that is hard enough for me
    if someone handed a rule book to me years ago,i would have thrown it right back at them and carried on as usual.
    for those that want to follow the law,more power to you,but i will stick to my guns til told otherwise---by the Lord Himself

Jhn 14:15 If 1437 ye love 25 me 3165, keep 5083 my 1699 commandments 1785.

Now you've been told ...

What are His commandments? To love God with your entire being, believe in Jesus as Messiah, and love your neighbor as yourself. Jesus said that those 3 summed up the entirety of the commandments and our work.

If you prayerfully contemplate the impact, the scope and length and breadth of those 3 commands, you'll soon see that what the LORD said is true and complete.

Default You do realize Yeshua was quoting Exodus 20:6 and Deuteronomy 5:10 ?

Quote Originally Posted by grampster View Post
    What are His commandments? To love God with your entire being, believe in Jesus as Messiah, and love your neighbor as yourself. Jesus said that those 3 summed up the entirety of the commandments and our work.

If you prayerfully contemplate the impact, the scope and length and breadth of those 3 commands, you'll soon see that what the LORD said is true and complete.

You do realize Yeshua was quoting Exodus 20:6 and Deuteronomy 5:10 , And is a continuation of the second commandment ?

Exd 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

Exd 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Deu 5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

I can say I love my wife and show by actions that I hate her by committing adultery , not providing for her and completely disregarding the covenant that I made with her in my youth.

But I would be a liar...

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Because the law can be summarized doesn't excuse us from obedience to the specifics, that is a thin and inexcusable argument that won't stand up before Messiah.

Not Murdering is a specific precept , Eating clean foods is a specific precept , not having idols is a specif precept of things you don't do if you love YHVH our Elohim.

There are two types of people...

Many that will learn the ways and Torah of YHVH,

Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Many that will say " Lord. Lord" and continue to work lawlessness

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And 2532 then 5119 will I profess 3670 unto them 846, 3754 I never 3763 knew 1097 you 5209: depart 672 from 575 me 1700, ye that work 2038 iniquity 458.

The Greek word for iniquity is Strong's G458 - anomia - 1) the condition of without law

The Sayings of the Messiah are the Torah and we should be building our house on it.

I just have to ask: Who out there actually claims to be able to love God with their entire being and their neighbor as themselves?
    Word - Semitic - Origin:
    1870–75; < Neo-Latin sēmīta < Late Latin Sēm (< Greek Sḗm < Hebrew Shēm Shem) + -īta -ite1

It means descendants of Shem. Who changed it?

very much agreed
    and my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by RWAL View Post
    I just have to ask: Who out there actually claims to be able to love God with their entire being and their neighbor as themselves?
    who out there follows the law perfectly??
    then he would be righteous on his own i guess

And there ya go, Jimmy. The heart of the matter. If we were able to follow the law, Jesus would not be necessary. Best we can do is to hang onto Him and His promise as He promised. Such an undeserved gift we receive. Some think we pay lip service to that, but perhaps we take it more seriously than those who claim works. I claim nothing but Jesus is LORD.

Default he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths

Oh my..

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

You are not saved by keeping the law , you keep the commandments because you are saved.

We've just been lied to all our life about what that means, by false Prophets, and a false religious system.

Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Coming to Messiah is to renounce lawlessness , and put off the body of Sin.

The only way it is possible for anyone to draw near and walk with him , is by Grace through faith.

I'm not trying to be judgmental , I'm just amazed how such simple truth escapes us.

Deu 30:1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call [them] to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,

Deu 30:2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
    Deu 30:3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.

How bad does it have to get before we will see this? Tribulation is not just for the wicked , it's for the correction of the lawless son's and daughters scattered among the nations.

Read Palms 107 http://kingjbible.com/psalms/107.htm

10Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;
    11Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High:
    12Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help.
    13Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses.
    14He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.
    15Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

no offense Clearvoice,but i am with Grampster once again.
    the beauty of the Gospel is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world,i rely on that 100% of the time,any righteousness i can drum up is by His grace alone