Thread: this has to be a quickie

Default this has to be a quickie

How long should I pressure-can chicken broth?
    Impeach the Kenyan!

Should be same as chicken, if I recall correctly. I don't have the book with me but do I recall 11 lbs for 90 mins? Wait for someone who's sure, pleeze! lol

The Ball Blue Book says 20 minutes for pints and 25 minutes for quarts(10lbs pressure). My wife is doing broth as I type
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, Aug. 19, 1785

From my Presto book

11 lbs
    pints 20 min
    qts 25 min

Makes sense...shorter time since it's a liquid. I try to err on the side of caution lol.

Of course the pressure varies depending on where you are, elevation. It's 10 lbs for us here in Michigan.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, Aug. 19, 1785

Default I can't resist

That what she said

thanks. I've got it going now. I did the chicken earlier today and wanted to save the broth. 25 min. is good @ 10psi.

You folks are great!
    Impeach the Kenyan!