Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to get rid of pickle smell in 5 gal buckets

We had the same problem. We just get our buckets from Shipleys Donuts now because they only had frosting in them.
    The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

I can't even get that smell out of a glass jar!! My DIL uses them for jelly because they are cute small jars, but she won't use those because she says the jelly will TASTE like pickles no matter how much I have washed them in very hot water.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Lover View Post
    I can't even get that smell out of a glass jar!! My DIL uses them for jelly because they are cute small jars, but she won't use those because she says the jelly will TASTE like pickles no matter how much I have washed them in very hot water.

try the baking soda/water overnight and then wash well in hot soapy water
    - worked for me

has anyone ever tried a product called "natures miracle".......

I've gotten it at petco.......

I've gotten the large bottle of liquid, for de-stinking smelly dog

from direct skunk spray.......

just soak the dog's fur and let air dry.......

might just work for the buckets.......

best stuff I've ever used.......
    For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow..............Ecclesiastes 1:18

LORD please forgive us our unkind, unloving ways.........ALL OF US..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraOiHUltak

[quote=dylanM;1478428]I have 20 , 5 gallon pickle buckets. I have washed them with dawn dishsoap, rubbed the insides with lemon juice & baking soda, poured straight bleach in them , let them sit awhile & rinsed them out.

After about 10 minutes the pickle smell is back as strong as ever. How do I get rid of the smell?

I have gotten these buckets & lids before & never had any problem getting the smell to leave.
    I would try letting them sit in the sun if the sun would ever come out here for more than 10 minutes.

Just get mylar liners,seal your product with o2 packets.The smell won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    We had the same problem. We just get our buckets from Shipleys Donuts now because they only had frosting in them.
    Shipley's, Yummm! Hope you buy a dozen when you are there. Don't get them up here. Not even Krispi Cream compares.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

I have a pickle bucket that I have had for several years, I have tried everything but it still smells like pickles.
    Some people are only alive because there are laws against killing them.