In addition to having another means to cook during an emergency, I just love to grill and having a gas grill ready to go is convenient.

Problem is, I have found I have to replace my gas grills far too often because the burners corrode, split, and turns them into a blow torch. Replacement parts are expensive and are becoming hard to find. Even on-line shopping was expensive. I found the replacement parts I needed totaled up more than what I paid for the grill, and customer service for many brands is simply awful.

In searching for a solution I stumbled onto a company called "Holland". Most of their gas grills were out of my price range, but they do have a portable grill they call the "Companion". Its all stainless steel with the exception of the cast iron burner and the gas regulator. At about 20lbs, its easy enough to take on vacation or a weekend camping trip, and its large enough for my household to use regularly here at home.

It cooks a little differently. Pre-heat, place your food on the grill, close the lid and leave it alone. Its design eliminates flare-ups, so your food doesn't burn. For chicken, for instance, come back in 30 min. and flip it over, close the top and leave it for another 30min. It does take a little longer to cook, but the food comes out fantastic.

The Companion uses 1lb. propane cylinders, but an adaptor hose can be used to fit the 20lb home cylinders as well. If you are in the market for a very adaptable gas grill that you can use at home or take with you, take a look at Holland. I've used mine three of the past four evenings cooking chicken, vegetables, and a london broil and it does great.

http://www.hollandgrill.com/index.cf...ID/2/index.htm