Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits

Quote Originally Posted by WarHall View Post
    And if I recall, Bisquick makes a ready made mix for these as well. Might make a decent prep item, for those nostalgic moments when you need a trip back to the good times.
    I looked all over Betty Crocker's website at their products and a Bisquick Cheddar Garlic mix (readi-made) does not appear to be one of their products. Maybe you could let us know if it is another product or where you found a ready made mix for these??
    "There was one of two things I had a right to – liberty, or death.
    If I could not have one I would have the other; for no man should take me alive."
    Harriet Tubman

"The President eats dirt and excrement for his daily meals, likes it and tries to force it on The States."
    Walt Whitman

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in time of moral crisis, maintain their neutrality" Dante "The Inferno"

Liberty is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Angel Dance, can I move in with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    Angel Dance, can I move in with you?
    Will you work for room and board????? LOL!!
    If I could not have one I would have the other; for no man should take me alive."
    Harriet Tubman

"The President eats dirt and excrement for his daily meals, likes it and tries to force it on The States."
    Walt Whitman

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in time of moral crisis, maintain their neutrality" Dante "The Inferno"

Angeldance, tell me what I did wrong. I made the recipe 3-4 days ago and dropped the dough on a lined cookie sheet. Covered them and froze them for 2 days then put them in a freezer bag.

Today I took out a dozen and baked them at 425 for 20 minutes. They didnt hold the "drop" form and spread out flat like a cookie. The edges got a little too brown and crunchy. They tasted great but I didn't like how they spread out. What did I do?

Quote Originally Posted by A Simple Pine Box View Post
    Angeldance, tell me what I did wrong. I made the recipe 3-4 days ago and dropped the dough on a lined cookie sheet. Covered them and froze them for 2 days then put them in a freezer bag.

Today I took out a dozen and baked them at 425 for 20 minutes. They didnt hold the "drop" form and spread out flat like a cookie. The edges got a little too brown and crunchy. They tasted great but I didn't like how they spread out. What did I do?
    Did you cut in the cold butter and then mix in the buttermilk? Or did you put melted butter in the mix?
    Harriet Tubman

Walt Whitman

I made these last week and they were soooo good. Had surprise company several days later and fixed leftovers. They were still soooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDance View Post
    Did you cut in the cold butter and then mix in the buttermilk? Or did you put melted butter in the mix?
    I cut the butter in cold and made sure I took the time it needed to get that pea-size, then added the buttermilk. I'm still not sure why the biscuits baked down flat as a pancake. The dough was perfect when I dropped the biscuits on the cookie sheet to freeze.

Are you SURE you added the baking soda? And was your Bisquick or whatever fairly fresh?

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    Are you SURE you added the baking soda? And was your Bisquick or whatever fairly fresh?

Summerthyme
    yes and yes - in fact I just bought the baking soda last week so I had to open a new box, and the "bisquick" mix is a copy cat recipe I found. I don't keep that on hand because I prefer to bake from scratch but every once in a while I come across a tasty recipe that calls for the mix. So I only make up as much as I need to make the recipe.

You see my confusion. LOL. Why did these bake flat?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDance View Post
    I looked all over Betty Crocker's website at their products and a Bisquick Cheddar Garlic mix (readi-made) does not appear to be one of their products. Maybe you could let us know if it is another product or where you found a ready made mix for these??
    Southeastern Mills has a ready made mix of cheddar garlic biscuits.

I only made them once, they were ok; but it could have been because it was old. I had bought it to try it, and it somehow got shoved behind some stuff.