Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits

Quote Originally Posted by A Simple Pine Box View Post
    yes and yes - in fact I just bought the baking soda last week so I had to open a new box, and the "bisquick" mix is a copy cat recipe I found. I don't keep that on hand because I prefer to bake from scratch but every once in a while I come across a tasty recipe that calls for the mix. So I only make up as much as I need to make the recipe.

You see my confusion. LOL. Why did these bake flat?
    Given all the bases covered as to why this may have occured, I can only surmise the difference is in using the boxed mix rather than a 'made at home copy-cat' recipe. That seems to be the only variable changed in the use of the recipe.

I suggest getting a small box of Bisquick (or generic store brand) baking mix and trying them again. It they turn out then the problem is substituting the ready made baking mix with copy cat mix. If they don't, I have no idea unless you live at an altitude much higher than I.
    "There was one of two things I had a right to – liberty, or death.
    If I could not have one I would have the other; for no man should take me alive."
    Harriet Tubman

"The President eats dirt and excrement for his daily meals, likes it and tries to force it on The States."
    Walt Whitman

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in time of moral crisis, maintain their neutrality" Dante "The Inferno"

Quote Originally Posted by carol b View Post
    I made these last week and they were soooo good. Had surprise company several days later and fixed leftovers. They were still soooo good.
    I am so happy you enjoyed them!! :)
    "There was one of two things I had a right to – liberty, or death.
    If I could not have one I would have the other; for no man should take me alive."
    Harriet Tubman

"The President eats dirt and excrement for his daily meals, likes it and tries to force it on The States."
    Walt Whitman

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in time of moral crisis, maintain their neutrality" Dante "The Inferno"

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDance View Post
    Given all the bases covered as to why this may have occured, I can only surmise the difference is in using the boxed mix rather than a 'made at home copy-cat' recipe. That seems to be the only variable changed in the use of the recipe.

I suggest getting a small box of Bisquick (or generic store brand) baking mix and trying them again. It they turn out then the problem is substituting the ready made baking mix with copy cat mix. If they don't, I have no idea unless you live at an altitude much higher than I.
    I'm in Mn, so not that much different of altitude but I will try them again. It's a tasty biscuit. thanks!

Liberty is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

These biscuits are incredibly good! I've tried several mock Red Lobster biscuit recipes, but this one does it for me. I did double the salt and garlic though on the second batch. Yum! Thank you so much.

The Red Lobster biscuits are my dad's favorite, so I'm running a bag of these over to him as soon as this batch comes out of the oven.

I love Cheddar
    I love Garlic
    I love drop biscuits
    (I also love beer)
    Any ideas?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    I love Cheddar
    I love Garlic
    I love drop biscuits
    (I also love beer)
    Any ideas?
    I answered a question on my thread which bumps it up..try the 5 minute amazing cheese bread recipe with garlic added...yummy!
    As the sun sets over the water, the air is drenched with the nuances of honeysuckles mixed with other florals, roses plus pines and the waves kick up the deep water scents combined. It is my gift for a time to see this, through the windows of my realm....borrowed and quite treasured with every moment in time.

Have a lovely Day
    Romy
    Island Girl
    www.romysrealm.com
    www.kefirwellness.com
    www.romysrealm.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbitsnana View Post
    Southeastern Mills has a ready made mix of cheddar garlic biscuits.

I only made them once, they were ok; but it could have been because it was old. I had bought it to try it, and it somehow got shoved behind some stuff.
    Add beer?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Wow, what a recipe. I'll say it again but backwards, Wow! Thank you so much for posting. These biscuits turned out so light and flavorful that they were a hit with all. If you haven't tried it yet, you may want to fit it into your menu. I followed your recipe as it was with the exception of the dried chives which I didn't have. Instead, I used some onion powder. The chives, it would seem, would be great and using fresh chives may be even better. Great job on sharing this recipe.