Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on baptizing at home.

to the OP:

we baptize in the nearest clean river/lake - if anyone is 'doing' a baptism, it would be the father of the house or in some cases, just the person immersing themselves...we fellowship with groups of believers, sometimes in homes, sometimes in buildings...sometimes not at all.

I didn't read 12 pages of responses - especially the back and forth between catholics adn protestants...sheesh.

Read the bible, do what it says - let everything else fall to the wind as chaff.

Just my simple response.
    Deuteronomy 6:5-7 And thou shalt love YHWH thy Elohim with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Originally Posted by Fisheater
    [70] Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"
    [71] He spoke of Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the twelve, was to betray him.

There have and always will be Judas' in His Church ..... It is still His Church run by weak and fallen men ... But as Peter said ... Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life;

And the words of eternal life are ....[47] Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life. [48] I am the bread of life.

You can spin it any way you want ..... But they are the Words in Red .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    There is no spin. I can respect the road you are on and if you trust God to have more compassion for the lost than you will ever imagine then you can trust that if any person is seeking Him - He will respond even if it doesn't line up with your version of things.

There is no historical proof that Peter headed up the RCC and that what became the RCC is the one true church.

The only historical 'proof' is how the RCC wrote it up.

I will never - and I mean never - embrace the teachings of the RCC. I don't trust human beings that much, especially those who protect pedophiles.

Trusting my eternity is pretty near and dear to me and if men can't be trusted with a child - they cannot be trusted with my eternity.

End of debate.
    [65] And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father." [66] After this many of his disciples drew back and no longer went about with him.

The homosexual scandal in the Church did exactly what you wrongly interpreted in John 6 .... It separated the Wheat and the Chaff, for those who's faith was weak or wrongly ordered. They left because of the sins of men, not for the teachings of the Church. As evil and horrible the actions of these men were .. the Church and Her Teachings Stands Fast as it has for 2000 years.

My faith is not built on the Actions of men whether Ordained or not .... Good Pope, bad Pope .. good Priest ..Bad Priest, it does not matter.

It is based on the Words in Red .[53] So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; [54] he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.

There is only one Faith, one Church that teaches the Whole of what Jesus taught. The One Holy Apostolic Church.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheater View Post
    [65] And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father." [66] After this many of his disciples drew back and no longer went about with him.

The homosexual scandal in the Church did exactly what you wrongly interpreted in John 6 .... It separated the Wheat and the Chaff, for those who's faith was weak or wrongly ordered. They left because of the sins of men, not for the teachings of the Church. As evil and horrible the actions of these men were .. the Church and Her Teachings Stands Fast as it has for 2000 years.

My faith is not built on the Actions of men whether Ordained or not .... Good Pope, bad Pope .. good Priest ..Bad Priest, it does not matter.

It is based on the Words in Red .[53] So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; [54] he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.

There is only one Faith, one Church that teaches the Whole of what Jesus taught. The One Holy Apostolic Church.
    So if I don't accept your 'church' then you think I am not saved?

John 6 was a SPIRITUAL message.

Why do you keep forcing that scripture to say what it does not say?

God FORBIDS drinking of blood and cannibalism so what makes you think Jesus is telling people to do what was forbidden?

If you think that being a cannibal is the only road to salvation then what can I say? I'll pray for you?

And that homosexual scandal was done with the APPROVAL of the highest levels. How can you even compare that to the message in John 6?

That to me is blasphemy.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Theresej View Post
    So the question remains, why the hyper focus on myths, exagerations and lies about the Catholic Church by anti-Catholics while ignoring the much greater problem of the same issues in the collective backyard of protestantism?

Where is the outcry about the barbaric deeds of the reformers and the reformation?

Why the hypocrisy?

The use of such accusations to somehow invalidate the Catholic church is simply false argumentation.

To illustrate the false nature of such argumentation:
    If such things are somehow proof that the Catholic Church is invalid, then they are even more so - doubly so, triply so, even 100 times so - proof that the Protestant Reformation, and thus protestantism and its offshoots today, is even more so invalidated.
    That is simply the logical conclusion of the argument using the inquisitons, etc to attack the Catholic Church to somehow invalidate the Catholic Church.

The fact is, these attacks on the Catholic Church are really nothing more than smoke and mirrors.
    I don't belong to any denomination. I am a Christian, i.e. I follow Christ alone.

I'd be careful about throwing around the term hypocrite.
    Matthew 7: The same measure you use to judge others, you will be judged.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Theresej View Post
    What I would appreciate is for our resident anti-Catholic to stop attacking the Catholic Church in this thread so we can actually discuss the topic of the thread itself.

Thank you :)
    You set up the RCC as the ONE TRUE CHURCH and claim it has the only ability to baptize and holds the 'truth' alone.

That automatically puts you in a position to be challenged.

Stop making the claims and you will stop getting the challenges.

Accept that God alone dictates truth through His Holy Spirit or accept the challenges.

God FORBIDS drinking of blood and cannibalism so what makes you think Jesus is telling people to do what was forbidden?

If you think that being a cannibal is the only road to salvation then what can I say? I'll pray for you?

And that homosexual scandal was done with the APPROVAL of the highest levels. How can you even compare that to the message in John 6?

That to me is blasphemy.
    Emily is Jesus' Glorified Body human flesh and blood ? The Message is Spiritual .... His Body and Blood are Spiritual food for our Soul. But it is real food and it is His Glorified Body and Blood. Not because I say so or the Church says so ..... Because He says it is so.

Jesus called those men to be Priests in His Church .. they choose to betray Jesus .... Judas is Judas ....Sin is Sin.
    Last edited by Fisheater; 05-07-2011 at 03:05 PM.

I would like to be shown where I posted anywhere in this thread that the Catholic Church is the One True Church.

No one claimed anything in regards to the Catholic Church - RCC - until this post:

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...7&postcount=65

That post doesn't belong to me. . . .

Originally Posted by Emily

I am not forcing anything .... It is you that has to do Scriptural gymnastics to claim that Jesus is lying ....

He tell us ...In All Truth 3 times that what He is saying is literal and in Truth. He gives us a Whole Chapter Teaching ...a Whole Chapter ... no where else in the Gospels is a teaching that long or where He swears over and over again ...In All Truth. But you give it no thought .... brush it off as symbolic. Yet you take a verse out of context and build a whole theology on it.

Jesus asks us only one place in Scripture to do something in Remembrance of Him ... He asks us to Eat His Body and Drink His Blood.

Emily in answer to your question Catholics believe that Jesus founded a Church and only one Church.He came to bring truth and salvation .There are not hundreds of different forms of the truth only one truth.There is only one who brings salvation,Jesus and his Body the Church.Does this mean that Catholics feel that all Protestants and those of other faiths are lost?No not at all,the Church recognizes all Christians as being part of the Church but not yet in full and complete union with her.The Church teaches that it is Gods will that all be saved.Therefore we are asked to unite ourselves with Jesus and to pray, fast ,and offer sacrafice for the salvation of others.We are asked to accept what God sends us in life in accord with his Providence and that by acting in this way and accepting his will,Graces will be provided for those most in need of his Mercy.Jesus continues to act in this day and age through his Mystical body the Church.jk

You set up the RCC as the ONE TRUE CHURCH and claim it has the only ability to baptize and holds the 'truth' alone.

That automatically puts you in a position to be challenged.

Stop making the claims and you will stop getting the challenges.

Accept that God alone dictates truth through His Holy Spirit or accept the challenges.
    Emily, I was not going to bring this up (trying to abide by the words in your signature) but the items I list below are apropos:

1. Jesus is the only mediator we need.

Heb 12:24
    to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of
    sprinkling that speaks better things than [that of] Abel.

2. The cause of the Reformation was the corruption and
    the profligate nature of the Pope i.e.
    a. The sale of indulgences.
    b. Simony
    c. Pope Alexander VI incestuous affair with his daughter and
    his two sons incestuous affair with the same daughter
    (jealousy caused one son to kill the other).
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.