Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on baptizing at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Habit View Post
    I think that it is important to note that not all Christians reject baptism for the dead.

That is more of an opinion than a fact.
    Would you please provide an example of a "Christian sect" that accepts baptism for the dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbandit View Post
    Would you please provide an example of a "Christian sect" that accepts baptism for the dead?
    No - I will not fall prey to your guided arguments. Bottom line is, no matter how you interpret scripture, your comment was an opinion. An opinion, does not make it a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    • It is performed by a born-again, Bible-believing follower of the Lord Jesus Christ
    What if you find out later that the person who baptized you wasn't a Christian? Worse, what if you never found out? Would the baptism be invalid?

No - I will not fall prey to your guided arguments. Bottom line is, no matter how you interpret scripture, your comment was an opinion. An opinion, does not make it a fact.
    I've studied world religions for 40 years and know of NO sect that justifiability falls within the realm of Christianity who officially believe in baptism for the dead. That's fact. If you have reason to believe I'm wrong please enlighten me.

I've studied world religions for 40 years and know of NO sect that justifiability falls within the realm of Christianity who officially believe in baptism for the dead. That's fact. If you have reason to believe I'm wrong please enlighten me.
    Your studies lead you to your "educated opinion" instead of an just a normal "opinion". You and I both know who is being excluded based on your judgment. And - Being as your are so educated on world religions, and Christianity, you should know that human judgment is imperfect, and based solely on opinion which we derive the best we can from scripture.

So, to enlighten you, I believe that you are wrong in your belief that no sect in Christianity practices baptism for the dead. But, being as this is my opinion, we will just have to disagree.

Your studies lead you to your "educated opinion" instead of an just a normal "opinion". You and I both know who is being excluded based on your judgment. And - Being as your are so educated on world religions, and Christianity, you should know that human judgment is imperfect, and based solely on opinion which we derive the best we can from scripture.

So, to enlighten you, I believe that you are wrong in your belief that no sect in Christianity practices baptism for the dead. But, being as this is my opinion, we will just have to disagree.
    Yes, I believe I know exactly where you are going and they, by their own admission, are not Christian. Would you like to see the quote from their leader?

Yes, I believe I know exactly where you are going and they, by their own admission, are not Christian. Would you like to see the quote from their leader?
    Nah, I'm good. I just wanted to make one point, that it was an opinion that "all Christians reject the practice of baptism for the dead".

Maybe at this point we can let the thread get back to its purpose.

What if you find out later that the person who baptized you wasn't a Christian? Worse, what if you never found out? Would the baptism be invalid?
    Baptism has nothing to do with an incantation, holy water, words said by another, garments, trinkets or any other worldly person or item other then he person being baptised and God himself. The exchange doesn't take place human to human, but God to human, so it doesn't matter if the person turns out to not be Christian. You are, and that is the point of the baptism.

The symbolism of being water baptised has nothing to do with the water you are sitting in or even the vessel it is in. It has to do with the commitment being shown and the condition of the heart and the new relationship between Father and child of God.

Baptism is a reflection of the condition of the heart and soul.

Don’t buy from a faceless chain.
    Buy from a friend.

Shop Avon Online! - www.LizMetcalf.com
    Liz Metcalf
    - The Tree of Liberty's Avon Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Bethshaya View Post
    Baptism has nothing to do with an incantation, holy water, words said by another, garments, trinkets or any other worldly person or item other then he person being baptised and God himself. The exchange doesn't take place human to human, but God to human, so it doesn't matter if the person turns out to not be Christian. You are, and that is the point of the baptism.

The symbolism of being water baptised has nothing to do with the water you are sitting in or even the vessel it is in. It has to do with the commitment being shown and the condition of the heart and the new relationship between Father and child of God.

Baptism is a reflection of the condition of the heart and soul.
    So, as to the point made by Grower that, "It (baptism must be) performed by a born-again, Bible-believing follower of the Lord Jesus Christ", you and I are in agreement that this is in error?

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Not in error, just not significant compared to the state-of-heart of the person being baptized. There are people saved every day in churches where the preacher doesn't know the Lord. God spoke through Balaam's ass.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20