Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your opinions on baptizing at home.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by 19K View Post
    Thank you for the wonderful support on this. Sometimes I worry that by not going to church I am depriving the kids. At other times, I am confident it is best for our family. Even though I had prayed about it, the matter of baptism is one of those things I was a bit worried about.

I know the perfect place to baptize them once it warms up a bit. It is a small clean clear lake with a swimming hole that has a sandy shore and bottom that stays shallow for quite a distance out. I feel much better about doing it myself, now. Thank you all!
    I would suggest that in more cases than we might suspect baptismal records have helped people who needed documentation of their identity. Church records are generally considered to be reliable sources of information. So I would recommend a couple of things.

First, as has already been stated, have some other believers present to witness the baptisms and celebrate with you. Baptisms are a good cause for celebration, and need to be shared.

Also, make sure you produce a written record of the baptisms, and make out a certificate for each candidate. Yes, I know God is the only One who really matters, but such things can be helpful in the future, and a precious testimony to future generations. Somewhere among my siblings we have our grandparents' certificates of several such things, and we treasure them and realize that we are the recipients of the blessings of their faith.

Now as far as whether the person performing the baptism should be a Christian or not, of course to knowingly have an unbeliever perform such a thing would be a mockery. But if the person professes to be a follower of Jesus Christ, performs a baptism, and later turns out to be a fake, well the baptism ought to be considered valid. The candidate confessed his faith and submitted to baptism in good faith, and ought not to be distressed if he discoveres the baptizer wasn't what he professed to be.

I have a desire to see more house churches, but not single family ones, unless it is impossible to find other believers. We need to be connected more closely to each other, and we will have greater need in the near future. Of that I am certain.

May your baptismal service be blessed!

Garryowen

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbandit View Post
    What if you find out later that the person who baptized you wasn't a Christian? Worse, what if you never found out? Would the baptism be invalid?
    Fact: God uses ALL THINGS to His Glory! Period. If it wasn't true then scripture wouldn't tell us so.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Fact: God uses ALL THINGS to His Glory! Period. If it wasn't true then scripture wouldn't tell us so.

K-
    Amen sister! Amen!
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe