Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on baptizing at home.

Thank you for the wonderful support on this. Sometimes I worry that by not going to church I am depriving the kids. At other times, I am confident it is best for our family. Even though I had prayed about it, the matter of baptism is one of those things I was a bit worried about.

I know the perfect place to baptize them once it warms up a bit. It is a small clean clear lake with a swimming hole that has a sandy shore and bottom that stays shallow for quite a distance out. I feel much better about doing it myself, now. Thank you all!

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 19K View Post
    Thank you for the wonderful support on this. Sometimes I worry that by not going to church I am depriving the kids. At other times, I am confident it is best for our family.
    We have been outside of the "church structure" for several years, and the sense of liberty is wonderful. There is so much in the American church -- by and large -- that is not of God, not even biblical. And there is a great burden of guilt that is imposed by that structure on anyone who ventures outside the walls. It is just like the synagogue in Jesus' day. (Remember all the times Paul started in the synagogue and ended up in the streets?)

God has called us to peace and liberty in Jesus Christ. Those of you still laboring under the burden of churchianity, come outside the walls of the city, where Jesus is. The air is clean out here.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    We have been outside of the "church structure" for several years, and the sense of liberty is wonderful. There is so much in the American church -- by and large -- that is not of God, not even biblical. And there is a great burden of guilt that is imposed by that structure on anyone who ventures outside the walls. It is just like the synagogue in Jesus' day. (Remember all the times Paul started in the synagogue and ended up in the streets?)

God has called us to peace and liberty in Jesus Christ. Those of you still laboring under the burden of churchianity, come outside the walls of the city, where Jesus is. The air is clean out here.
    +1

Couldn't have said it better. Praise God for those who have found solid Bible believing churches to be a part of, just didn't work for us, and God knows we tried.
    "We have to rebuild in a way that you will not be victimized by a similar storm again, because we don't - we're just wasting money, and we're essentially engaging in false advertising that what we're doing is restoring you to your situation that existed before the storm.”

Joe Biden

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    +1

Couldn't have said it better. Praise God for those who have found solid Bible believing churches to be a part of, just didn't work for us, and God knows we tried.
    Ditto for me, too. I've ventured out a bit during this Holy Week, attending a number of services, and the garbage I'm seeing -- including teens texting during a service -- has been unreal!

And I'll leave it at that so as not to derail this thread. But -- trust me -- 19K, Grower, etc., you're not alone.

blessings on your home worship.......

and many blessings on your home baptisms.......
    For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow..............Ecclesiastes 1:18

LORD please forgive us our unkind, unloving ways.........ALL OF US..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraOiHUltak

I know a fellow who has said many times that "You can be baptized in every pond, creek and river until every bull frog knows you by your first name and that doesn't make you saved." His point was that the order of march is saved first and then baptized by immersion as a statement before witnesses of your commitment to God.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

As I read through this thread, I immediately thought of those when TSHTF( /during /after) who come to believe. I don't believe they'll run to the first church building to get baptised but rather the believers will be ministering and fellowshipping as in the Book of Acts, not in a building or organized institution but in homes or by the riverbank as described in the Scriptures.

Frankly, as many have said here some of us are already doing so.

His Spirit will lead and instruct us as we abide in Him and He in us. His Word says so. :)

Quote Originally Posted by 19K View Post
    Thank you for the wonderful support on this. Sometimes I worry that by not going to church I am depriving the kids. At other times, I am confident it is best for our family. Even though I had prayed about it, the matter of baptism is one of those things I was a bit worried about.

I know the perfect place to baptize them once it warms up a bit. It is a small clean clear lake with a swimming hole that has a sandy shore and bottom that stays shallow for quite a distance out. I feel much better about doing it myself, now. Thank you all!
    I would suggest that in more cases than we might suspect baptismal records have helped people who needed documentation of their identity. Church records are generally considered to be reliable sources of information. So I would recommend a couple of things.

First, as has already been stated, have some other believers present to witness the baptisms and celebrate with you. Baptisms are a good cause for celebration, and need to be shared.

Also, make sure you produce a written record of the baptisms, and make out a certificate for each candidate. Yes, I know God is the only One who really matters, but such things can be helpful in the future, and a precious testimony to future generations. Somewhere among my siblings we have our grandparents' certificates of several such things, and we treasure them and realize that we are the recipients of the blessings of their faith.

Now as far as whether the person performing the baptism should be a Christian or not, of course to knowingly have an unbeliever perform such a thing would be a mockery. But if the person professes to be a follower of Jesus Christ, performs a baptism, and later turns out to be a fake, well the baptism ought to be considered valid. The candidate confessed his faith and submitted to baptism in good faith, and ought not to be distressed if he discoveres the baptizer wasn't what he professed to be.

I have a desire to see more house churches, but not single family ones, unless it is impossible to find other believers. We need to be connected more closely to each other, and we will have greater need in the near future. Of that I am certain.

May your baptismal service be blessed!

Garryowen

Just a question ..... Can any one point out in Scripture, anyone else but the Apostle's or those appointed by the Apostle's Baptizing anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bethshaya View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with it. The exchange and purpose of the baptism is between your child and God, not the church building and them.

Jesus was baptised in a river.

That being said, that is the same truth for going to a church building or having a home church. It doesn't need to be a formal building with the sole purpose of worship. It could be someone's home.

Again, the relationship is between God and man, not the building, statues or anything contained in the building.
    +1
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe