Quote Originally Posted by Theresej View Post
If they differ from one another, how do you know what you call the bible is indeed the word of God and innerant?

We are discussing this in two threads. Which thread would you like to continue this discussion in?
It is not a question of 'if', they all differ.
So, when one says 'THE Greek text says...in reality there is no such thing as'THE' Greek text. He might be saying it because 'every 'scholar' says it, or he might be lying, who knows?

Now the question is ' how do I know if 'the bible' is the word of God'

Answer:Based on manuscrpt evidence, I believe that the Textus Receptus, from which 'MAINLY' the AV1611 comes, is 'the Bible'

This of course throws out two manuscripts( and possibly three) that are used as a basis for the modern versions.

Those two mss would be Siniaticus and Vaticanus. Both Egyptian , Alexandrian Roman Catholic texts that contain the Apocrypha as part of the inspired canon.

The Roman Catholic council of trent, said that if one did not accept the apocrypha as part of the OT canon, they were 'anathma' ( which means about as much as a pile of feathers)

Now, how do I know the KJV is the Bible?
Easy.
Your catholic forfathers killed people for posessing a copy of the Bible that preceded the KJV that used the same manuscripts to produce such Bibles.

They dug up William Tyndale and burned his bones because he dared to produce a Bible in English.

I shall not go on with the crimes done in the name of the Pope, lest I offend... but it is a fact that Hitler, and the rest of the high command of the SS were not fundamental baptists.