I enjoyed this discourse on this thread.

If you remember, the smoking gun of the 9/11 towers being destroyed was building 7. My intention is not to start a 9/11 discourse.

The smoking gun for Paul in his conversion is in Acts 9:7 "men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man". Couple that with Paul's second story in Acts 22:9 "they that were with me indeed saw the light, and were afraid, but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me".

You can look at two certain scenarios.
1. Paul lied about his conversion, or
2. Luke made an error and the New Testament canon is not entirely Holy Spirit inspired.

From this, the rabbit hole gets deeper and you can test the spirit of Paul. The early church did and rejected him. In the link provided in post 1, you can see that Paul contradicted Jesus and himself. However, you can also take Paul's writings that are in agreement with Jesus. This is why the debate will always continue.

James confronted Paul in Acts 15:21 about Paul's teachings to the Jews among the gentiles to forsake Moses. It was told to Paul again about the 4 dietary laws that was to be taught to the gentiles in 15:25. However, Paul continued in his writings while he was under 'house arrest' that an idol is nothing and one can eat anything placed in front on them unless it offends thy brother (1 Cor 8:4-13, 1 Cor 10:27-31, Romans 14). This is an obvious teaching against even the 4 dietary laws that Paul was told in Acts 15 and 21.

Jesus mentions in Revelations 2:14,20 that eating idol food is the way of balaam. Paul had no problems with this particular doctrine and was contrary to Jesus. Perhaps it is Paul who Jesus was referring to in Revelations 2:2. Ephesus chuch was commended for trying those who call themselves apostles, and are not, and has found them liars. It is clear Ephesus turned away from him in Acts 19:9 and by Paul's own mouth (2 Tim 1:15). Paul said he was an apostle to the Ephesians (Eph 1:1).

I just want the truth, so I believe the big question is: was Paul teaching against the law of Moses OR the commandments of God or both? Can it be said that the Jews were to continue the Law of Moses (that which was relevant) while the gentiles did not? I believe this is the account in Acts 15.

I am willing to overlook Paul's sarcasm, pride, guile and wit while some say that he speaks from the Holy Spirit.

Peace.