Thread: Concerned Follower Of Jesus!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post

Betcha nobody knows what law Adam and Eve broke at the Garden...

By the way, that was when the promise of the Kinsman Redeemer was given...
    I'm still waiting on this answer from you Bill...

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I'm still waiting on this answer from you Bill...
    Okey dokey... The law that Adam and Eve broke was the only law that existed then. That is, "Don't eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil".

All that was required back then was simple obedience to the only law that existed at that time.

Betcha nobody knows what Adam looked like at that time, before the fall...
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post
    Okey dokey... The law that Adam and Eve broke was the only law that existed then. That is, "Don't eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil".

All that was required back then was simple obedience to the only law that existed at that time.
    Actually, the flip side of that is God was also asking, "Trust me and don't seek after wisdom that you think cuts me out of the picture"

To love and trust God rather than seeking after equality with Him as Satan and his minions did.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

I enjoyed this discourse on this thread.

If you remember, the smoking gun of the 9/11 towers being destroyed was building 7. My intention is not to start a 9/11 discourse.

The smoking gun for Paul in his conversion is in Acts 9:7 "men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man". Couple that with Paul's second story in Acts 22:9 "they that were with me indeed saw the light, and were afraid, but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me".

You can look at two certain scenarios.
    1. Paul lied about his conversion, or
    2. Luke made an error and the New Testament canon is not entirely Holy Spirit inspired.

From this, the rabbit hole gets deeper and you can test the spirit of Paul. The early church did and rejected him. In the link provided in post 1, you can see that Paul contradicted Jesus and himself. However, you can also take Paul's writings that are in agreement with Jesus. This is why the debate will always continue.

James confronted Paul in Acts 15:21 about Paul's teachings to the Jews among the gentiles to forsake Moses. It was told to Paul again about the 4 dietary laws that was to be taught to the gentiles in 15:25. However, Paul continued in his writings while he was under 'house arrest' that an idol is nothing and one can eat anything placed in front on them unless it offends thy brother (1 Cor 8:4-13, 1 Cor 10:27-31, Romans 14). This is an obvious teaching against even the 4 dietary laws that Paul was told in Acts 15 and 21.

Jesus mentions in Revelations 2:14,20 that eating idol food is the way of balaam. Paul had no problems with this particular doctrine and was contrary to Jesus. Perhaps it is Paul who Jesus was referring to in Revelations 2:2. Ephesus chuch was commended for trying those who call themselves apostles, and are not, and has found them liars. It is clear Ephesus turned away from him in Acts 19:9 and by Paul's own mouth (2 Tim 1:15). Paul said he was an apostle to the Ephesians (Eph 1:1).

I just want the truth, so I believe the big question is: was Paul teaching against the law of Moses OR the commandments of God or both? Can it be said that the Jews were to continue the Law of Moses (that which was relevant) while the gentiles did not? I believe this is the account in Acts 15.

I am willing to overlook Paul's sarcasm, pride, guile and wit while some say that he speaks from the Holy Spirit.

Peace.

Here is the Greek for the word translated as "hearing" and "heard."

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/...ngs=G191&t=KJV

It can mean to hear with the ear, but also can mean to understand, comprehend, consider, or perceive.

No contradiction.
    We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming.

"...Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil." - Ephesians 5:14-17

The Peschitta (Aramaic NT) says:

Now the men who were travelling with him on the road were amazed because they heard only a sound, but a man was not visible to them. - Acts 9:7

And the men who were with me saw the light, but did not hear the voice that talked with me. - Acts 22:9

It says they heard only a sound -- not they only heard a sound. The men saw a light and heard a sound, but could not see a man or hear a voice. I see no contraction here.