Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Concerned Follower Of Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post
    Isa 1:10 Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.

The 1898 Young's literal translation says,
    Isa 1:10 Hear the word of Jehovah, ye rulers of Sodom, Give ear to the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah,

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;
    Joh 1:2 this one was in the beginning with God;
    Joh 1:3 all things through him did happen, and without him happened not even one thing that hath happened.
    Joh 1:4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men,

Theresej, Why don't you ask God who is the Law and tell us what He personally said to you? After all, He told us that His ways are higher that our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. Let's tune to His higher thoughts, shall we?
    Exactly. That John 1 verse says it all--yes, that was referring to Christ, but, if He isn't the Law, then why did the Bible call Him the Word? If it weren't for Christ, we wouldn't have the Law.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    So what evidence do you have that the Messiah promised in the OT has come?

Or are you still waiting for Him?
    I said it has to be backed up by the OT. Messiah came just as it was foretold in Isaiah. It was backed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathe View Post
    I said it has to be backed up by the OT. Messiah came just as it was foretold in Isaiah. It was backed up.
    This is what you said:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kathe
    I came to the conclusion some time ago after finding some discrepancies between the two Covenants (Testaments) that I would read the New but if it disagreed at all with the Old that I would ignore it (the New). Whatever the New says it has to be backed up by the Old Testament.

The Old Testament has been kept in very good order except for the redaction of certain names such as the Name of God (over 6,000 redacted and replaced with a title) and other instances like that.

The New Testament however has not such a good history. And the councils that put it together are suspect to me. There is a pro-government slant to them and other things that just don't line up right according to the OT.

When Yahshua walked the earth and the apostles after Him the only Scriptures they had were the Holy Scriptures - the OT. Good enough for them - good enough for me.
    You left me at least the impression that you reject the NT and you only accept the OT.

I apologize if I misunderstood what you said.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Melodious Musician View Post
    Exactly. That John 1 verse says it all--yes, that was referring to Christ, but, if He isn't the Law, then why did the Bible call Him the Word? If it weren't for Christ, we wouldn't have the Law.
    Jesus is the Word incarnate. He also died on the cross so that nails the law to the cross and when He was resurrected a new creation - the second and last Adam - He gave us His commands under the New Covenant.

That event was foretold. That God would make a new covenant through Messiah.

Galatians 3:19
    Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Read paragraph one.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Jesus is the Word incarnate. He also died on the cross so that nails the law to the cross and when He was resurrected a new creation - the second and last Adam - He gave us His commands under the New Covenant.

That event was foretold. That God would make a new covenant through Messiah.

Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator.
    Yes! The new covenant! The Torah written on the heart! HaleluYAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Melodious Musician View Post
    Actually, if we didn't have sin, we wouldn't have the Law. It was not because of Christ that we have the Law, but because of sin:
    What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator.
    -JGIG

"If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com

Betcha nobody knows what law Adam and Eve broke at the Garden...

By the way, that was when the promise of the Kinsman Redeemer was given...
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Bet I know......

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post

Betcha nobody knows what law Adam and Eve broke at the Garden...

By the way, that was when the promise of the Kinsman Redeemer was given...
    They broke His heart. They committed adultery. They loved self over God. All God asked them to do was to love Him and trust Him and those chose to love self and trust their own 'wisdom' over God's counsel.

Every human being does the same thing when they reject God and choose self and the desires of the flesh and this world over loving Him.

Those who come to a saving faith, repent (turn around / change our mind) and choose to follow Him instead of self, make the opposite choice they did. Jesus paid our debt, and we are reconciled through Him.

From Garden to Garden and Tree to Tree it has never changed. It is all about loving God above self.
    About trusting God instead of self.
    To learn from Him instead of leaning on our own understanding.