Thread: Grave-Digging 101

Arrow Grave-Digging 101

Grab a shovel. Move LOTS of dirt and make a hole. Put deseased into hole. Shovel LOTS of dirt back into hole.

Save up for a backhoe next time.

BFC

{I'm not sure 'why' I made this thread, it just seemed kinda DEAD down here in the cemetary}
    World War Three: "The Last Day". Fictional(?) depiction of an attack against Israel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5T5CF1jhTg
    ----------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTX View Post
    "When in doubt empty your magazine"

"Stay in school, work hard, stay out of trouble and when you grow up, you can pay for those who didn't."

Shows how much I pay attention. I didn't even notice that "The Cemetery" thread topic existed.

At first I thought it was a joke like ChiCom becoming the Resident Alley Cat and Packyderm's Wife becoming the Looney Housewife.

By the way, when/how did they get the new titles? I just remember they appeared one day.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Interesting thread title. It brought to mind something I found out recently. Here in Tennessee, the burial laws are the picture of simplicity. If someone dies, you have to get a death certificate filled out. If they die at home, you have to have the sheriff or coroner out to verify that they died of natural causes. That's it! You can pick up the deceased from the hospital, stuff them in your trunk, and take them home to bury them in the compost pile if you want to. There's no requirement for embalming, or funeral director, or even a certain size property for a family cemetery. I find that strangely liberating!
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    Interesting thread title. It brought to mind something I found out recently. Here in Tennessee, the burial laws are the picture of simplicity. If someone dies, you have to get a death certificate filled out. If they die at home, you have to have the sheriff or coroner out to verify that they died of natural causes. That's it! You can pick up the deceased from the hospital, stuff them in your trunk, and take them home to bury them in the compost pile if you want to. There's no requirement for embalming, or funeral director, or even a certain size property for a family cemetery. I find that strangely liberating!
    If you'd like to be a little less basic, you can get a nice casket for $829.00 @http://www.bestpricecaskets.com/?gclid=CIyAoq3Ou6gCFcKd7QodG2hMKA
    and then throw them in the compost pile.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I must admit, I am rather confused as to the purpose of The Cemetery--I mean, if it's a place for arguments that have long since served their purpose, then, why do we need a place for them? Don't the Mods want us to STOP talking about the subjects, rather than make them open for discussion?
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Maybe that's why it was empty? It is just for our attention?
    Or maybe they are rounding up all the locked mega threads and sticking them here...

Err, authorities found two folks in the compost heap of horse effluvia a couple days ago in Gary, Ind.

Quote Originally Posted by grampster View Post
    Err, authorities found two folks in the compost heap of horse effluvia a couple days ago in Gary, Ind.
    I don't think that's a legal burial in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    That's actually marvelous.

I know a lady who had a terrible time having her child's remains moved to private property. She eventually got it done, but... we surely don't have THAT kind of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by grampster View Post
    Blech....that's not even a 'good' soylent green kind of 'recycling'.

BFC
    World War Three: "The Last Day". Fictional(?) depiction of an attack against Israel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5T5CF1jhTg
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTX View Post
    "When in doubt empty your magazine"

"Stay in school, work hard, stay out of trouble and when you grow up, you can pay for those who didn't."