Thread: Cemetary vs. Grave Yard

Default Cemetary vs. Grave Yard

Does anyone know the difference between a cemetery and a grave yard?

As it was told to me... a grave yard is next to a church (or chapel), a cemetary is not associated with same.

John 14
    15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    21 He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Ecclesiastes 12
    13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Hmm...Never thought about it before, but, yes, you are correct. Interesting how the creation of The Cemetery has brought out a fascinating variety of morbid subjects.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Here a grave yard is just that, abandoned, the church long since

gone and all thats left is old Graves no one visits , the grounds are not kept etc....something right out of a spooky film

Here a cemetary is where there is no church next to it . A grave yard has a church .

What is it called when you have family buried at your home ?
    ?

Lightbulb Seminary = Cemetery

Quote Originally Posted by sonofJAC View Post
    Does anyone know the difference between a cemetery and a grave yard?

As it was told to me... a grave yard is next to a church (or chapel), a cemetary is not associated with same.

The term cemetery that is used for this area was derived from the days I attended seminary back in the mid 80’s. To my chagrin I was confronted with professors who taught vehemently against the authority of God’s Word. Hence, the name Cemetery came into being… a place where one goes to put to rest their faith in God’s Word.

Tony...sad to say, but you're right. They had rather teach the doctrines and traditions of man---than the true word. Fortunately I had the priveledge of attending a tent meeting in our town. He was an 'ol time holiness preacher; full of the power of Yah and he really preached repentence and against sin. I hadn't heard this type of preaching in YEARS!.He didn't tell everybody they were hell-bound, just preached against sin and walking close to The Most High. I felt blessed to hear him; no name and claim it, no prosperity message.