Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood of Pope John Paul II to go on display at Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by ReticentEnigma View Post
    Mark 7:13 - And so you cancel the word of God in order to hand down your own tradition. And this is only one example among many others."

My own traditions ? Or the Traditions handed down by the Apostle's ?

This is Scripture ....

2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
    Scripture is part of Sacred Tradition, which is why the apostle Paul told us to stand fast and hold to the traditions (plural) whether taught by word (verbally) or in writig, ie eipistle.

Scripture commands us to stand fast and hold to more than just scripture - and it puts what was taught verbally (by word) on equal footing with what was written, scripture, and even in front if it.

Please show us where the Bible teaches Bible Alone ?

Default Questions for Melodious Musician

MM:
    "You've thousands of molesting perverts behind the robes because they cannot marry."

Can you provide a reliable source of the "thousands"?
    And while you are looking, may as well find a source that shows perverts by job (there's another teacher in the news each week for seducing at least one student)... and how about a source for perverts by denomination. Bet there are as many verifiable cases in the news for prot ministers...
    Priest, teachers, cops & ministers have all been accused of wrongdoing by someone lying for money or unknown reasons. Your claim is a serious accusation and you need to show where you got your information. Standard procedures in the Tree..... TIA
    ~Kate

Mary is the Mother of Jesus and the Mother of all of us even though it was Christ alone who reposed on her knees… If he is ours, we ought to be in his situation; there where he is, we ought also to be and all that he has ought to be ours, and his mother is also our mother. —Martin Luther, Christmas Sermon, 1529.

Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

As for the Bible being the only reference, it does say not to add to it--which the Catholics have done with their other books that they reference while quoting "Scripture."

Deuteronomy 4:2
    Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

It also talks about not using other "doctrines" and that God will preserve His Word. If He preserves His Word, I fail to see why it needs to be added to--unless, of course, one wanted to be called a liar.

Proverbs 30:5-6
    5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
    6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

While the Bible does not specifically state--that I have been able to find--that it is the only reference material for us, why would you use anything else?

I'm assuming that you're getting your info and questions from goodcatholicinfo.com--which is why you keep posting the same things.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Quote Originally Posted by Hermantribe View Post
    MM:
    "You've thousands of molesting perverts behind the robes because they cannot marry."

And while you are looking, may as well find a source that shows perverts by job (there's another teacher in the news each week for seducing at least one student)... and how about a source for perverts by denomination. Bet there are as many verifiable cases in the news for prot ministers...
    Priest, teachers, cops & ministers have all been accused of wrongdoing by someone lying for money or unknown reasons. Your claim is a serious accusation and you need to show where you got your information. Standard procedures in the Tree..... TIA
    I didn't say that--that was someone else. Although, I have had personal experience with perverted Catholic priests--the one who ran our parrish was later run out after they discovered that he was carrying on a relationship with a young man in the parrish.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Quote Originally Posted by Hermantribe View Post
    MM:

I said it.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_rcc.htm

Some snippets from the web site:

Actual surveys: In the Fall of 1999, the Kansas City Star sent a questionnaire to 3,000 priests in the U.S. 73% did not reply. The low response rate could be anticipated. One would expect homosexuals and bisexuals to be reluctant to respond to the questionnaire since it deals with such a sensitive issue, and originated from a newspaper. Homosexual and bisexual priests would probably be less likely to reply to the survey. Among the 801 priests who did reply: 75% said they had a heterosexual orientation; 15% homosexual; 5% bisexual. 9
    During 1990, Rev. Thomas Crangle, a Franciscan priest in Passaic, N.J., mailed a survey to 500 randomly selected priests. Of the 398 responses, about 45% said that they were gay. 10 Conclusion: If we assume that all of the estimates are of equal validity, then perhaps 33% of priests have a homosexual orientation -- about one in three.

Father Donald Cozzens, an author, psychologist, and Catholic seminary president says that there is such a high percentage of gay priests in the church that he is concerned that 'the priesthood is or is becoming a gay profession.' 5 In his book, "The Changing Face of the Priesthood," -- published in the year 2000 -- he estimates that 50% of Roman Catholic priests have a homosexual orientation.

Oh, then I apologize that I directed my comment to you.

If you were involved in a parish at one time, I imagine you would have spelled it correctly.

Unfortunately, there were young men who entered the Catholic Church soley to destroy it. I'm very sorry if you were hurt in any way, but that is effectively saying an entire group of whatever the group (fill the the blank) is evil.
    Last edited by Hermantribe; 05-01-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: darn nails....
    ~Kate

Mary is the Mother of Jesus and the Mother of all of us even though it was Christ alone who reposed on her knees… If he is ours, we ought to be in his situation; there where he is, we ought also to be and all that he has ought to be ours, and his mother is also our mother. —Martin Luther, Christmas Sermon, 1529.

Hmm, in the cemetery, not surprised...

Okay, since we have derailed from the original intent of the OP several different times, I'm no longer restrained from asking the Nicolaitanes posing as Zealots of God some very important questions that might as well as be asked right here in this thread, since this thread can't be severely derailed anymore than it already is.

Question #1: Why did you guys lock up the Word in the fourth century, resulting in the period of time known as 'the Dark Ages'?

Question #2: Why did you guys start the theology known as the Replacement theology? You know that Israel in the Bible means Israel, Jacob means Jacob and the church means the church, but you say that Physical Israel no longer has any part of the promises God made to Abraham, Israel and Jacob... What's up with that?

Question #3: Paragraph 100 in the Catholic Catechism: "The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him." Please reconcile this with the fact that Jesus said that the Holy Ghost is our teacher.

I was going to say something about the unholy crusades, but we can tell and know a tree by the fruit it produces, right? So your history pretty much reveals to us what kind of fruit your church has produced since it's birth. Bad fruit = bad tree.
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckmanite View Post
    I said it.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_rcc.htm

Some snippets from the web site:

Actual surveys: In the Fall of 1999, the Kansas City Star sent a questionnaire to 3,000 priests in the U.S. 73% did not reply. The low response rate could be anticipated. One would expect homosexuals and bisexuals to be reluctant to respond to the questionnaire since it deals with such a sensitive issue, and originated from a newspaper. Homosexual and bisexual priests would probably be less likely to reply to the survey. Among the 801 priests who did reply: 75% said they had a heterosexual orientation; 15% homosexual; 5% bisexual. 9
    During 1990, Rev. Thomas Crangle, a Franciscan priest in Passaic, N.J., mailed a survey to 500 randomly selected priests. Of the 398 responses, about 45% said that they were gay. 10 Conclusion: If we assume that all of the estimates are of equal validity, then perhaps 33% of priests have a homosexual orientation -- about one in three.
    This has less credibility than Wikipedia. A survey that was mostly thrown in the trash by people who thought it was a joke or a strawman, or who never saw it in the first place? Like a parish secretary, I go through my family's mail & throw away the trash before they come home and find out if they won the "sweeptakes" or auto dealer come-on. Come on, something with bonafides!
    ~Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheater View Post
    My own traditions ? Or the Traditions handed down by the Apostle's ?

This is Scripture ....
    2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
    Scripture is part of Sacred Tradition, which is why the apostle Paul told us to stand fast and hold to the traditions (plural) whether taught by word (verbally) or in writig, ie eipistle.

Scripture commands us to stand fast and hold to more than just scripture - and it puts what was taught verbally (by word) on equal footing with what was written, scripture, and even in front if it.

Please show us where the Bible teaches Bible Alone ?
    2 Thessalonians 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
    Once again, you pluck what benefits your pagan doctrine and ignore the rest of Scripture.

Lets run with this. Look at what Paul said about his traditions:

Galatians 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

OK, now look at Paul's review of his religion and traditions before salvation.Philippians 3:4-8 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
    Paul called his religion, zeal, Pharisee training, and the vain traditions they held but dung.

Paul counted his traditions as crap once he received the truth.

You hold to yours. According to Paul, they are one giant hunk of dung, nothing more.

Moreover, your traditions make the Word of God of none effect. Using that scripture to support your traditions equal to God makes Jesus a liar.

Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

You reject the commandment of God over your vain traditions. Hail Mary, full of grace, blah, blah, blah, blah. Rinse, lather, repeat and hope something good comes out of it.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Your supposed 1st pope, Peter (who was never a pope, never in Rome, and was married) said this about traditions:

1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

Peter warned us of you long ago.

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Did you get that? Peter called you unlearned and unstable. Anyone who thinks a sodomite behind a robe can change corrupted hooch into blood by saying hocus pocus is a self deluded, willingly ignorant, scripture wrestling, lost sinner who needs salvation in the completed work of Jesus Christ on the cross.

You wrestle the Scriptures to your own destruction. The Word of God is magnified above His name. The earth was created by the spoken Word of God.

Yet the RCC makes it of none effect due to the traditions of men.

You are lost.

Your priest does not even know where he is going to go when he dies. Neither do you. You hope, guess, look with positive thinking, but do not know. Purgatory? Prayers for the dead? Masses for the dead? More traditions to extract wealth from those willfully ignorant.

I would not give a dead horse for a religion that could not tell me, with absolute assurance, where I was going to go when I die.

[quote=Fisheater;1499569]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckmanite View Post

Ruckmanite your a Hebrew wanna be ...I took the time to read a lot of threads last night and grasp what would make someone believe such a perverse man made doctrine ....

You reject the New Covenant to practice a modified made up resemblance of the old. When the New Covenant and His Holy Church is what you guys are yearning for .....

His Holy Church?

Whore. Mother of Harlots more like it. I yearn for what you've got like Kentuckians yearn for more rain.

You don't even know where you are going to go when you die.

You did not answer my question. Have a priest drink a bottle of blessed communion wine, or better yet 2, and wait an hour.

Then, as an absolute show of faith, hand him your car keys and tell him to drive down the expressway. Take the leap of faith brother.

I mean, if he changed it, no problemo.

If he is weaving like the drunken sot he is, then you've got a huge problem. You'll be clutching a pile of rosary beads so tightly your hand will hurt for a week.

Your Eucharist is a fake, a ruse, a cheap magicians trick, and one of your Sacraments is but a cruel joke that goes back to Babylon.

I mean, if your religion can change wine into blood, have the priest go to the hospitals with a truckload of Carlo Rossi and shazam, no need for any more blood donations.

He cant change it and you know it.