Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Blood of Pope John Paul II to go on display at Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Jezcruzen View Post
    Still at it, I see.

Its been informative to say the least reading the responses from those of you well educated in apologetics for the Catholic church. It didn't change my opinion, however, as my position was actually bolstered by those in the opposition.

I'm certainly not a Biblical scholar but I know what the Truth is due to the blessings and guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Truth is a lot simpler than many would believe and it doesn't take the trappings of ritualistic vanity to find it.

Blessings to each of you.
    ^ This. Is there anything else to say? The Lord says that we are to have faith as a little child--I fail to see how we are to do this with all of the complicated rituals and necessary brilliance the Catholic church requires. They contend that the Scriptures are too complicated and can only be interpreted by one of high spiritual standing.

I think that the Lord made His Word for all people, regardless of whether or not they are a pope, priest, etc.

I agree. This has been enlightening. And thank you, Bill, for a bit of perspective.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Okay, thread, we let you rest in peace. "Finally."

Here lies the thread: "Blood of Pope John Paul II to go on display at Vatican." We hardly knew him. "Yeah, right." Okay, so I knew him a little better than most....

Rest in peace.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance