Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood of Pope John Paul II to go on display at Vatican

Look I will make you guys a deal ..... Let this tread die and I will not comment on your False Prophet worship thread ok ?

I'm suspect of any "religion" that alludes to its CEO, past or present, as having mystical healing powers. Flesh and bone, same as all the rest of us. There's only one Healer, and He never resided in the Vatican... nor would He have.
    Impeach the Kenyan!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezcruzen View Post
    I'm suspect of any "religion" that alludes to its CEO, past or present, as having mystical healing powers. Flesh and bone, same as all the rest of us. There's only one Healer, and He never resided in the Vatican... nor would He have.
    All Catholic threads do on this board is show the absolute ignorance of it's members that I other wise respect.... Please I am begging you let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherInTN View Post
    Sorry Y'all but the Pope is not Jesus.....I don't equate the two as equal. I did like John Paul but he is just the messenger of the Father

I have to agree with Easy......kinda creeps me out and I am Catholic.

No one said the Pope is Jssus, and certainly not the Catholic Church. So, as a Catholic I am puzzled by such words being said by another Catholic.

I am neither creeped out, embarrassed or afraid of the Catholic Church's use of relilcs.

The use of relics has been a part of christianity since the beginning. The problem is, we are now so divorced from the common exeprience of death that was the lot of man, what used to be well understood now seems strange.

I will try to bring up some of the pictures of the Saints who died hundreds of years ago and whose bodies are still incorrupt.St Bernadete of Lourdes is incorrupt ,she still has rosy red cheeks and looks as if she is just sleeping.God uses this as a sign that he will be true to his promise of the ressurrection of the body.jk

Quote Originally Posted by Jezcruzen View Post
    Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Well I guess that includes Christiainty in general then:

In II Kings 13:20-21 God uses Elisha's bones to bring back someone from the dead. In Acts God uses Peter's shadow to perform miraculous cures (5:15-16) and God uses handkerchiefs that have touched Paul to do the same (19:11-12). And a woman was healed of her hemorrhage by touching the hem of Jesus's cloak.

I guess some here would have had a problem worshiping in the Catacombs also...

When you believe Christianity started 500 years ago ...it is hard to comprehend.

Default Incorrupt bodies of Catholic saints

In II Kings 13:20-21 God uses Elisha's bones to bring back someone from the dead. In Acts God uses Peter's shadow to perform miraculous cures (5:15-16) and God uses handkerchiefs that have touched Paul to do the same (19:11-12). And a woman was healed of her hemorrhage by touching the hem of Jesus's cloak.
    The key feature in all three situations is that GOD did the work thru the elements be it man, shadows, hankies or donkeys. The Glory belongs to the LORD, no to the vessel. When I build a book case, the glory doesn't go to the saw, or the hammer. The credit is mine. Likewise, any miracles performed by God using a man, or any other element, belongs to God, not the element.

The beautification and sainthood practices places the Glory that belongs to God only, onto the vessel. Herod burst his guts when he tried to take God's Glory. If it was wrong for him, it's wrong for us, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Theresej View Post
    No one said the Pope is Jssus, and certainly not the Catholic Church. So, as a Catholic I am puzzled by such words being said by another Catholic.

I am neither creeped out, embarrassed or afraid of the Catholic Church's use of relilcs.

The use of relics has been a part of christianity since the beginning. The problem is, we are now so divorced from the common exeprience of death that was the lot of man, what used to be well understood now seems strange.
    Scripture please?