Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood of Pope John Paul II to go on display at Vatican

I was not aware the Catholic church still did this, though it is based on centuries of tradition. Recently the finger bone of some saint made a tour of Ireland and was well received by huge crowds of people.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ms. America View Post
    The key feature in all three situations is that GOD did the work thru the elements be it man, shadows, hankies or donkeys. The Glory belongs to the LORD, no to the vessel. When I build a book case, the glory doesn't go to the saw, or the hammer. The credit is mine. Likewise, any miracles performed by God using a man, or any other element, belongs to God, not the element.

The beautification and sainthood practices places the Glory that belongs to God only, onto the vessel. Herod burst his guts when he tried to take God's Glory. If it was wrong for him, it's wrong for us, too.
    She stated it better than I could. For the life of me I have never understood why any Christian religion felt they are required to confess their personal sins to another man and not directly to Jesus. Or why prayers were given to Mary, the Mother of Jesus and not Jesus Himself, or why plaster likenesses are used, which I thought was against Biblical teachings. I don't require an intercessor. I have a direct line anytime I want to use it. Pretty simple that way.
    Impeach the Kenyan!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezcruzen View Post
    She stated it better than I could. For the life of me I have never understood why any Christian religion felt they are required to confess their personal sins to another man and not directly to Jesus. Or why prayers were given to Mary, the Mother of Jesus and not Jesus Himself, or why plaster likenesses are used, which I thought was against Biblical teachings. I don't require an intercessor. I have a direct line anytime I want to use it. Pretty simple that way.
    Sacrament of Confession
    John 20

[19]On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."
    [20] When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
    [21] Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you."
    [22] And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
    [23] If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."

Mary

John 19
    [26] When Jesus saw his mother, and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son!"
    [27] Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home.

Are you a Disciple of Jesus ? Have you taken His Mother into your home ?

Luke 1

[26] In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,

[27] to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
    [28] And he came to her and said, "Hail, O favored one, the Lord is with you!"
    [29] But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered in her mind what sort of greeting this might be.
    [30] And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
    [31] And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus.
    [32] He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High;
    and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David,
    [33] and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever;
    and of his kingdom there will be no end."
    [34] And Mary said to the angel, "How shall this be, since I have no husband?"
    [35] And the angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you,
    and the power of the Most High will overshadow you;
    therefore the child to be born will be called holy,
    the Son of God.
    [36]And behold, your kinswoman Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren.
    [37] For with God nothing will be impossible."
    [38] And Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.
    [39] In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a city of Judah,
    [40] and she entered the house of Zechari'ah and greeted Elizabeth.
    [41] And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit
    [42] and she exclaimed with a loud cry, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!
    [43] And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
    [44] For behold, when the voice of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leaped for joy.
    [45] And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfilment of what was spoken to her from the Lord."
    [46] And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord,
    [47] and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
    [48] for he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden.
    For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed;
    [49] for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
    and holy is his name.
    [50] And his mercy is on those who fear him
    from generation to generation.
    [51] He has shown strength with his arm,
    he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts,
    [52] he has put down the mighty from their thrones,
    and exalted those of low degree;
    [53] he has filled the hungry with good things,
    and the rich he has sent empty away.
    [54] He has helped his servant Israel,
    in remembrance of his mercy,
    [55] as he spoke to our fathers,
    to Abraham and to his posterity for ever."
    [56] And Mary remained with her about three months, and returned to her home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezcruzen View Post
    It is quite simple.
    There is nothing Biblical about what you stated.
    "How is it possible to have a civil war?" - George Carlin

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ms. America View Post
    The key feature in all three situations is that GOD did the work thru the elements be it man, shadows, hankies or donkeys. The Glory belongs to the LORD, no to the vessel. When I build a book case, the glory doesn't go to the saw, or the hammer. The credit is mine. Likewise, any miracles performed by God using a man, or any other element, belongs to God, not the element.
    That is exactly correct. That, however, does not preclude God from using them or us from recognizing He does.

The beautification and sainthood practices places the Glory that belongs to God only, onto the vessel. Herod burst his guts when he tried to take God's Glory. If it was wrong for him, it's wrong for us, too.
    I'm sorry you misunderstand the Catholic Church's teachings and practices.

The first Catholic;

Luk 11:27-28 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

I don't say that as a protestant trying to get digs on the Catholics. Both of these systems are part of the religious harlot. All those who are Christ's are called to follow him alone and we should eschew the labels. I have had a lot of false teaching in my life to unlearn and forsake and I suspect that I'm not done yet. As distasteful as some of the Catholic rituals are the money grubbing Protestant preachers on TV who are robbing widows and fleecing the flock that Christ died for are more disgusting yet. That is why God calls us to come out of her. Rev18:4
    "Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Quote Originally Posted by yatagan View Post
    It is quite simple.
    There is nothing Biblical about what you stated.
    Thank you for sharing your opinion. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Theresej View Post
    Thank you for sharing your opinion. :)
    You are so very welcome.
    "How is it possible to have a civil war?" - George Carlin

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." - George Orwell

People do some weird flippin things in the name of religion. Weird.
    "Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet." - Rabbi

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading

Quote Originally Posted by bbwx View Post
    The first Catholic;

Luk 11:27-28 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

I don't say that as a protestant trying to get digs on the Catholics. Both of these systems are part of the religious harlot. All those who are Christ's are called to follow him alone and we should eschew the labels. I have had a lot of false teaching in my life to unlearn and forsake and I suspect that I'm not done yet. As distasteful as some of the Catholic rituals are the money grubbing Protestant preachers on TV who are robbing widows and fleecing the flock that Christ died for are more disgusting yet. That is why God calls us to come out of her. Rev18:4
    You take 1 verse out of context and discount everything else in scripture .... You have to hear and Believe the Whole Word of God .... Can't pick and choose ...It's all or nothing .

You ever notice when a Catholic quotes Scripture it is hardly ever just 1 verse .... But the Whole Context of the teaching ?