Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood of Pope John Paul II to go on display at Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
    Absolutely!!!

Catholicism in not Christianity and their practices are nothing but demonic.

Yes..demonic right along with most of our Protestant false teachers of today.

What did you think would come out of the "Evangelicals and Catholics Together"?
    This is why I stopped going to church. I can't figger the saints from the sinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezcruzen View Post
    Sorry. I was not trying to be obtuse. I just happen to disagree with your position.

But I am still curious as to why the other fellow said my position was not Biblical. Is not accepting Jesus the Christ as a personal savior and communicating with Him through prayer not Biblical, I ask? I have a personal one on one relationship. I have no need for an intercessor to have my sins forgiven. I don't have the need to light candles, ask Mary for anything, or dress in silly costumes. Thats just the facts of my position. Its not meant to be an attack on someone else's belief. Go ahead and act anyway you like. It doesn't affect me one iota although I do find certain practices useless and even mind boggling. I don't think my Jesus requires all that.
    You ask for Scripture back up ... We give it to you ... You reject it ...you reject Scripture and you practice and or teach another Gospel. Your Jesus is not the Jesus in Scripture.

Matthew 7

[21]"Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    [22] On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' [23] And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'

Quote Originally Posted by Theresej View Post
    Only to a modern western mindset. . . .actions can be difficult to understand when they are divorced from the culture and traditions that birthed them.

There is really nothing "goulish" about it.

Words mean things.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ghoulish
    ghoulish [ˈguːlɪʃ]
    adj
    of or relating to ghouls; morbid or disgusting; unhealthily interested in death
    ghoulishly adv
    ghoulishness n

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ghoulish
    ghoul noun \ˈgül\
    Definition of GHOUL

: a legendary evil being that robs graves and feeds on corpses
    : one suggestive of a ghoul; especially : one who shows morbid interest in things considered shocking or repulsive
    — ghoul·ish adjective
    — ghoul·ish·ly adverb
    — ghoul·ish·ness noun

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ghoulish
    ghoul·ish   
    [goo-lish] Show IPA
    –adjective
    strangely diabolical or cruel; monstrous: a ghoulish and questionable sense of humor.
    showing fascination with death, disease, maiming, etc.; morbid: ghoulish curiosity.
    of, pertaining to, or like a ghoul or ghouls.

Origin:
    1835–45; ghoul + -ish

—Related forms
    ghoul·ish·ly, adverb
    ghoul·ish·ness, noun

Absolutely!!!

Catholicism in not Christianity and their practices are nothing but demonic.

Yes..demonic right along with most of our Protestant false teachers of today.

What did you think would come out of the "Evangelicals and Catholics Together"?
    But you have the truth Songbird ? Under what Authority ?

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Didn't Jesus say someplace at some healing event, that is was their faith that healed them? Faith, not blood, not a statue, not his robe, not a magic wand...etc. Faith.
    Faith in What ER ? Faith in the whole Truth .... Not just the parts you agree with ...

This is why I stopped going to church. I can't figger the saints from the sinners.
    Easyrider....confusion is from satan. I understand what you mean. I quit going to church many years ago because of the churches parting from the true Word of God. It is hard to find a true biblical chuch anymore. Most are stumbling into the apostosy of the last days that the scripture warns us about.

We recently lost a great true minister of God, David Wilkerson. He preached, taught and lived the true Christian life. If you go back to the thread I have a link to many of his sermons, audio and video and I think someone put links to his written sermons and letters and, also, BB and others posted some of his letters in their entirety.

Start reading his stuff. He was very anointed of God! Your faith will be renewed. Also, the Holy Spirit will reveal His truth to you as you read the Bible when you truly search for truth.

God bless!

Well then, enlighten me. If you are correct, then I have wasted many decades studying the wrong Bible.
    Sorry. I was not trying to be obtuse. I just happen to disagree with your position.

But I am still curious as to why the other fellow said my position was not Biblical. Is not accepting Jesus the Christ as a personal savior and communicating with Him through prayer not Biblical, I ask? I have a personal one on one relationship. I have no need for an intercessor to have my sins forgiven. I don't have the need to light candles, ask Mary for anything, or dress in silly costumes. Thats just the facts of my position. Its not meant to be an attack on someone else's belief. Go ahead and act anyway you like. It doesn't affect me one iota although I do find certain practices useless and even mind boggling. I don't think my Jesus requires all that.
    I was referring to your statements about the catholic "church".
    I agree with you, Jesus is the only way. There is no need for Mary, priests etc.
    "How is it possible to have a civil war?" - George Carlin

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." - George Orwell

Didn't Jesus say someplace at some healing event, that is was their faith that healed them? Faith, not blood, not a statue, not his robe, not a magic wand...etc. Faith.
    And yet God uses physical thngs to work such healing at times. :) Jesus used his spittle . . He used mud. . . He used the hem of his garment. . . . . God used aprons from Paul, He used Peter's shadow. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DunDunDuuun View Post
    Words mean things.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ghoulish
    ghoulish [ˈguːlɪʃ]
    adj
    of or relating to ghouls; morbid or disgusting; unhealthily interested in death
    ghoulishly adv
    ghoulishness n

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ghoulish
    ghoul noun \ˈgül\
    Definition of GHOUL

: a legendary evil being that robs graves and feeds on corpses
    : one suggestive of a ghoul; especially : one who shows morbid interest in things considered shocking or repulsive
    — ghoul·ish adjective
    — ghoul·ish·ly adverb
    — ghoul·ish·ness noun

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ghoulish
    ghoul·ish   
    [goo-lish] Show IPA
    –adjective
    strangely diabolical or cruel; monstrous: a ghoulish and questionable sense of humor.
    showing fascination with death, disease, maiming, etc.; morbid: ghoulish curiosity.
    of, pertaining to, or like a ghoul or ghouls.

Origin:
    1835–45; ghoul + -ish

—Related forms
    ghoul·ish·ly, adverb
    ghoul·ish·ness, noun

As I said . .to a modern, western mindset divorced from commonplace first hand experience of death that used to predominate before the advent of modern medicine and hospitals.

It's a matter of perspective. What is morbid, etc to you, is not to others.

Easyrider....confusion is from satan. I understand what you mean. I quit going to church many years ago because of the churches parting from the true Word of God. It is hard to find a true biblical chuch anymore. Most are stumbling into the apostosy of the last days that the scripture warns us about.

We recently lost a great true minister of God, David Wilkerson. He preached, taught and lived the true Christian life. If you go back to the thread I have a link to many of his sermons, audio and video and I think someone put links to his written sermons and letters and, also, BB and others posted some of his letters in their entirety.

Start reading his stuff. He was very anointed of God! Your faith will be renewed. Also, the Holy Spirit will reveal His truth to you as you read the Bible when you truly search for truth.

God bless!
    I have been dying to ask this for days ... But out of courtesy I did not ....

But this question begs to be asked.....

If Wilkerson was a true prophet of God .... Would he not be given warning of his own demise ?