Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood of Pope John Paul II to go on display at Vatican

I am a former Catholic who believes the "Jesus Christ" of the Roman Catholic church is nothing but an imposter.he is the "Eucharistic Christ" and not the Messiah of the Scripture. For that reason, I have been led to use His Hebrew Name -- so that others know Whom I am referring to.

If your premise is wrong then so is your conclusion ..... Jesus is the Messiah and the"Eucharistic Christ"..... The Bread of Life.

John6
    [47] Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.
    [48] I am the bread of life.
    [49] Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.
    [50] This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat of it and not die.
    [51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh."
    [52]The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"
    [53] So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you;
    [54] he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
    [55] For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
    [56] He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.
    [57] As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow59 View Post
    Fair enough. I believe it safe to say that Maschiach Yeshua knows MY name. :) and my testimony is quite long and riveting. I was suicidal from age 12 until I was saved at age 29. My father and mother started the Catholic church in our community. My father was a 3rd and 4th degree Knight of Columbus and one time Grand Knight over my home state. But that aside.....

Let's stick to the argument at hand. Your Scriptures have nothing to do with the topic.

How are we to address the Almighty? God has many Names that exude His Character and Nature, but these Scripture comes to mind.

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Ps. 138:2

The name "Jesus" is a transliteration of the Greek rendering Ioesus. There is no "J" anywhere near this poor transliteration. If you will notice in the below article, even the Catholic encyclopedia says it is a transliteration. Transliterations are NOT translations of the actual Name.

Using the correct pronunciation of His Name is a revelation from the Holy Spirit. And I guess then...that is where your above quote from Luke 24:13-31 is "appropo".

http://www.eliyah.com/nameson.htm
    </H1>

You missed the point . .. the first christians were not fixated on the Hebrew name. They used the Greek. Wee can trace names back to their original languages . . that does not mean you start using them in their orignal language.

The first christians used Greek. The New Testament scriptures are written in Greek.

We speak English, and tranlate the GREEK name for Jesus to its English equivilent.

Christians called him by his GREEK name:
    Lexicon Results
    Strong's G2424 - Iēsous
    Ἰησοῦς

Transliteration

Iēsous

Pronunciation

ē-ā-sü's (Key)

Part of Speech

proper masculine noun

Root Word (Etymology)

TDNT Reference

Vines

Outline of Biblical Usage
    Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation"
    1) Jesus, the Son of God, the Saviour of mankind, God incarnate
    2) Jesus Barabbas was the captive robber whom the Jews begged Pilate to release instead of Christ
    3) Joshua was the famous captain of the Israelites, Moses' successor (Ac. 7:45, Heb. 4:
    4) Jesus, son of Eliezer, one of the ancestors of Christ (Lu. 3:29)
    5) Jesus, surnamed Justus, a Jewish Christian, an associate with Paul in the preaching of the gospel (Col. 4:11)
    In English this is Jesus.

Again, the claim that the name started with Constantine is false as we have seen by what I presented of the EARLIEST manuscript evidence which is not more than 50 years after the gospel of John was written - early 2nd century . . . 200 years before Constantine.

People can argue semantics all they want. But it doesn't change the fact that Early Christians called Him "Iēsous" not Yeshua, or how He came to be called Jesus in English which didn't exist as a language till over a millenium later.

Quote Originally Posted by Theresej View Post
    I am very sorry you never properly understood your Catholic faith.

As Archbishop Fulton Sheen once said:
    "There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church....As a matter of fact, if we Catholics believed all of the untruths and lies which were said against the Church, we probably would hate the Church a thousand times more than they do."
    ARCHBISHOP FULTON J. SHEEN -- preface to RADIO REPLIES
    Very true words.

You better believe I understood it. It almost sent me to Hell. See above. Very abbreviated highlights of Christ saving me from my "works of righteousness."

I would say if you don't know the Grace of God, it is YOU my friend who are not saved.

On the subject of Sheen, he was the first televangelist who promoted ecumenism. There were so many Bible book stores that exposed Catholicism for what it is, that the RCC had to come up with a common enemy of both Protestants and Catholics -- namely Communism. He is a smokescreen and a false teacher.

Back on topic....

http://www.thewayprepared.com/studie...-his-name.html

What is His Name, and What is His Son's Name

— If You Can Tell?

There is a strange, almost enigmatic riddle found in Scripture, that has gone unnoticed by some:
    Who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? (Proverbs 30:4b)
    "What is his name, and what is his son's name, if you can tell?" Most of us would quickly answer, "Yes, I know the name of the Father, and the name of the Son!"

Let us first realise that the Scriptures do not waste words. There is a very good reason for this question put forth in the Proverbs. Because most Born-Again Believers have not yet found these true names of the Father, and of the Son, the purpose of the Proverb is to challenge us to seek, and to find, their true names!

For that reason, I have been led to use His Hebrew Name --
    Also not sure how you would be led to use a Hebrew name when the divinely inspired writers of scripture were led to use his GREEK name Iēsous.

The Holy Spirit is not the author of confusion, and the Apostles were perseonally promised by Christ to be led into all truth by the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit led them, including the beloved Apostle John, to call our Savior Iēsous in scripture -not Yeshua.

You better believe I understood it. It almost sent me to Hell. See above. Very abbreviated highlights of Christ saving me from my "works of righteousness."

I would say if you don't know the Grace of God, it is YOU my friend who are not saved.

On the subject of Sheen, he was the first televangelist who promoted ecumenism. There were so many Bible book stores that exposed Catholicism for what it is, that the RCC had to come up with a common enemy of both Protestants and Catholics -- namely Communism. He is a smokescreen and a false teacher.

Back on topic....

http://www.thewayprepared.com/studie...-his-name.html

What is His Name, and What is His Son's Name

— If You Can Tell?

There is a strange, almost enigmatic riddle found in Scripture, that has gone unnoticed by some:
    Who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? (Proverbs 30:4b)
    "What is his name, and what is his son's name, if you can tell?" Most of us would quickly answer, "Yes, I know the name of the Father, and the name of the Son!"

Let us first realise that the Scriptures do not waste words. There is a very good reason for this question put forth in the Proverbs. Because most Born-Again Believers have not yet found these true names of the Father, and of the Son, the purpose of the Proverb is to challenge us to seek, and to find, their true names!

I am sorry, but you are mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
    Absolutely!!!

Catholicism in not Christianity and their practices are nothing but demonic.

Yes..demonic right along with most of our Protestant false teachers of today.

What did you think would come out of the "Evangelicals and Catholics Together"?
    The NIV and the TNIV for starters.

The NIV was the product of Nestle's Greek New Testament, and the work of the National Council of Churches (80% charismatic IIRC) and the First Christian Churches (Calvanists). I have reason to believe that the guy that headed up the OT committee (Woudstra) was a closet sodomite.w

Janet Molenkot (Episcopal) was an out of closet lesbian that helped with the NT of that version.

Which is why the word sodomite is not found, and is replaced with male shrine prostitute, etc.

Nestle was a piece of work. Look into his history and his dad's and you'll get an eye opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Theresej View Post
    Also not sure how you would be led to use a Hebrew name when the divinely inspired writers of scripture were led to use his GREEK name Iēsous.

The Holy Spirit is not the author of confusion, and the Apostles were perseonally promised by Christ to be led into all truth by the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit led them, including the beloved Apostle John, to call our Savior Iēsous in scripture -not Yeshua.

Therese, Did you even read the above article??. Iesous is not the modern slang usage of "J" (with a soft "g" sound") as transliterated "Jesus". There was no such sound in ancient times.

That leads and begs the question? Were the translators of the 1611 AV divinely inspired? the answer is "NO". That would be "double inspiration". They were Godly scholars who did the best that they could in translating the Inspired texts. Iesous was what they came up with because they were trying to translate the Hebrew to Greek.

Strong's Numbers-Greek

2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous {ee-ay-sooce'}
    of Hebrew origin 03091; TDNT - 3:284,360; n pr m
    AV - Jesus 972, Jesus (Joshua) 2, Jesus (Justus) 1; 975

Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation"
    1) Jesus, the Son of God, the Saviour of mankind, God incarnate
    2) Jesus Barabbas was the captive robber whom the Jews begged Pilate
    to release instead of Christ
    3) Joshua was the famous captain of the Israelites, Moses' successor
    (Ac. 7:45, Heb. 4:
    4) Jesus, son of Eliezer, one of the ancestors of Christ (Lu. 3:29)
    5) Jesus, surnamed Justus, a Jewish Christian, an associate with
    Paul in the preaching of the gospel (Col. 4:11)

So let's look at the Hebrew origin of Iesous, Strong's number 03091.

03091 יהושוע Y@howshuwa` {yeh-ho-shoo'-ah} or Y@howshu`a {yeh-ho-shoo'-ah}
    from 03068 and 03467;
    AV - Joshua 218; 218

Joshua or Jehoshua = "Jehovah is salvation" n pr m
    1) son of Nun of the tribe of Ephraim and successor to Moses as the
    leader of the children of Israel; led the conquest of Canaan
    2) a resident of Beth-shemesh on whose land the Ark of the Covenant
    came to a stop after the Philistines returned it
    3) son of Jehozadak and high priest after the restoration
    4) governor of Jerusalem under king Josiah who gave his name to a
    gate of the city of Jerusalem

As far as the issue of transliteration:

Transliteration

Definition: The spelling of words that were originally from a language using a different alphabet.

Transliteration isn't always exact task ....

The name for the Jewish festival of lights, which comes from a Hebrew word, has been transliterated as "Hanukkah" or "Chanukah" in English, Janucá and Jánuka in Spanish.

http://spanish.about.com/cs/writing/g/translitgl.htm

to represent or spell in the characters of another alphabet

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...ransliteration

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckmanite View Post
    The NIV and the TNIV for starters.

The NIV was the product of Nestle's Greek New Testament, and the work of the National Council of Churches (80% charismatic IIRC) and the First Christian Churches (Calvanists). I have reason to believe that the guy that headed up the OT committee (Woudstra) was a closet sodomite.w

Janet Molenkot (Episcopal) was an out of closet lesbian that helped with the NT of that version.

Which is why the word sodomite is not found, and is replaced with male shrine prostitute, etc.

Nestle was a piece of work. Look into his history and his dad's and you'll get an eye opener.

Ruckmanite, you are RIGHT ON in your assessment of the modern PERversions of the "bible".

They all came about because of Vatican II to bring back the 'wayward' Protestants to Rome.

Archbishop Sheen was a BIG part of this, as well as the late Pope John Paul II. JP II did more to bring about worldwide ecumenism than any of his predecessors. That is why the world loves him. Yeshua said that if the world hated Him, it would hate us also.

Priests and monks under the direction of Constantine collaborated together to decide which gospels were to be included into the final book, the Bible. Sixty-six "books" were finalized while other gospels were ignored, outlawed, and/or trashed outright.

Now, is there anyone who actually believes that personal agendas, biases, or Satanist deceit could not have played a part on the final product?

I personally feel that there is so much about The Christ and the true principles of Christianity that we do not now know and which we have been deceived with over the centuries according to who ever was in power at the time and the agendas they held. The only way to discover the Truth is to question, study, and pray that it be revealed to you. No man, either standing behind a pulpit or wearing a dress and beanie can give the Truth to you.
    Impeach the Kenyan!