Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Astronomical Alignments and Earthquakes

Let's look at the physics. Comet Elenin is a loose agglomeration of volatile ices and dust a few miles across. It is therefore one hundred billionth the mass of our moon. (The relative difference is roughly the same as the mass of a mosquito vs. the mass of an oil supertanker.)

The comet will pass no closer to us than 84 times the Earth-moon distance.

Applying Isaac Newton’s laws of gravity, this means the comet's tidal pull on Earth -- at closest approach -- will be approximately one-hundred trillionth the force of the moon's tidal pull on Earth. And, we all now know that despite the dreaded Supermoon hype last week, there were no monster storms or earthquakes triggered by our satellite's gravitational tug at closest approach to Earth.

http://news.discovery.com/space/will...-prophecy.html

Quote Originally Posted by StandFree View Post
    Not true.
    What part is "not true"?
    What you are saying is just silly.
    If you're referring to the population example. Yes. That was intended to be "silly". Just like this eminent scientists theory.
    Your claim is much akin to the flat-earthers or those claiming the earth is the center of the solar system.
    What claim? The tides? Have you ever been to the Oceans?
    Have you even looked into this comet information? Every time a comet blows through the solar system, it upsets the flow of most of the bodies.
    Really? I've seen several close comet encounters with no known affect on planet earth or any other. They are miniscule in size compared to the masses of our solar bodies.
    This one coming in now - Elenin- appears to be more than twice the size of Jupiter. If you think that will have (and hasn't already) no impact on earth, let's talk again in August. I expect that this event will kill many millions of people THIS YEAR.
    Come on, If this alledged comet is "larger than Jupiter" and indeed comes close to earth, it MAY cause problems. No comet in recorded history or observed by man is as big as Jupiter which is a Giant gas planet.

I'll be waiting for August with rapt attention
    2Tim. 3:1 ¶ But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
    2Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;
    2Tim. 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.

Quote Originally Posted by StandFree View Post
    This one coming in now - Elenin- appears to be more than twice the size of Jupiter. If you think that will have (and hasn't already) no impact on earth, let's talk again in August. I expect that this event will kill many millions of people THIS YEAR.
    If it was twice the size of Jupiter...wouldn't we be able to see it by now?
    The Great Reset
    https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

The Fourth Industrial Revolution
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khjY...g#action=share

The more people I meet...The better I like my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
    Come on, If this alledged comet is "larger than Jupiter" and indeed comes close to earth, it MAY cause problems. No comet in recorded history or observed by man is as big as Jupiter which is a Giant gas planet.

I'll be waiting for August with rapt attention

While I don't believe it's twice the size of Jupiter...it is going to come VERY close.
    The Great Reset
    https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

The Fourth Industrial Revolution
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khjY...g#action=share

The more people I meet...The better I like my dog.

Our sun and our moon are the only two bodies large enough and/or close enough to have ANY bearing or influence on Earth. They cause tides in the oceans and to a less noticeable effect on the solid crust of the earth. The other planets, regardless of alignment, at the distances involved, do diddly-squat.
    Let's think about this ..

Do we believe the published work of 10+ years of research by a scientist as distinguished as Dr Omerbashich? Or do we believe a one-paragraph statement by someone named augonaut with no proof whatsoever?

Uhhh .. .

Possibility the "comet" is a brown dwarf star, hence immense gravitational force.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    While I don't believe it's twice the size of Jupiter...it is going to come VERY close.
    Short of a DIRECT hit, I wouldn't be worried about any comet encounter. The one that hit Jupiter some years ago broke apart as it approached the planet and plunged through the thick cloud cover. Probably vaporized on the way down. Did not disrupt Jupiter's orbit or any other known "issue" of consequence. "Jupiterians" did not report any problems. All is well.
    2Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;
    2Tim. 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.

Quote Originally Posted by Godwit View Post
    Let's look at the physics. Comet Elenin is a loose agglomeration of volatile ices and dust a few miles across. It is therefore one hundred billionth the mass of our moon. (The relative difference is roughly the same as the mass of a mosquito vs. the mass of an oil supertanker.)
    Nothing like what you describe could possibly cause the large earthquakes already proven to be associated with elenin. Even the discover of elenin agrees there is a definite relationship: http://spaceobs.org/en/tag/comet-elenin/

It seems like people are posting replies to just whats posted here instead of doing their homework!

Has anyone even bothered to read the pdf file?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevelator View Post
    Let's think about this ..

Do we believe the published work of 10+ years of research by a scientist as distinguished as Dr Omerbashich? Or do we believe a one-paragraph statement by someone named augonaut with no proof whatsoever?

Uhhh .. .
    So. Are you in the "global warming" uhh "climate change" camp as well? After all, lots of "scientists" signed onto that hoax. Some "eminent" politicians as well as I recall.

Our sun and our moon are the only two bodies large enough and/or close enough to have ANY bearing or influence on Earth. They cause tides in the oceans and to a less noticeable effect on the solid crust of the earth. The other planets, regardless of alignment, at the distances involved, do diddly-squat.

One could theorize human population has more influence on causing quakes than this geo thing. Where do most quakes happen in the US? California, our most populace state, Asia? same thing. Indonesia? Very dense population. Get my point. Look out Guam, you might tip over! Some DC person claimed that.
    the reason that scientist began to look for planet x was because they notice fluxuations upon the orbit because of gravity to the outer planets. now if something way out can effect larger planets than earth, of course they effect our planet. the three big quakes recently in chili, new zealand, japan where during alingments with ELENIN , earth , sun. its going to be very close and most likely effect earth.