Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HR vs Titus

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheater View Post
    So who came up with the rules / Calendar / and theology of HR ?
    God gave the Calendar in the Wilderness, right down to the months of their year and what to celebrate when. He told them what to eat, how to celebrate it and when it was.

The Rules he also gave in the Wilderness and throughout the old testament. He was specific about what could and couldn't be eaten, and how to prepare and eat it, what to wear, why and what you should be doing with it.

So therefore, the "theology" is based on God's word.

Who gave the Church their rules? Where is it written in the bible? Where is Christmas on December 25th, as the RCC celebrates mentioned? How about Easter? What about not eating meat on Fridays? Praying the rosary? Praying to saints for favors? Where are those in the bible?

Don’t buy from a faceless chain.
    Buy from a friend.

Shop Avon Online! - www.LizMetcalf.com
    Liz Metcalf
    - The Tree of Liberty's Avon Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Bethshaya View Post
    God gave the Calendar in the Wilderness, right down to the months of their year and what to celebrate when. He told them what to eat, how to celebrate it and when it was.

The Rules he also gave in the Wilderness and throughout the old testament. He was specific about what could and couldn't be eaten, and how to prepare and eat it, what to wear, why and what you should be doing with it.

So therefore, the "theology" is based on God's word.

Who gave the Church their rules? Where is it written in the bible? Where is Christmas on December 25th, as the RCC celebrates mentioned? How about Easter? What about not eating meat on Fridays? Praying the rosary? Praying to saints for favors? Where are those in the bible?
    Mark 7:9,13 - And he said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition! ...thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do."

I'm still waiting for someone to explain what these Jewish myths are, particularly the person who quoted the verse in the first place. Also, by quoting those verses, are you saying that obeying God's Word is detestable to Him?

Quote Originally Posted by 119 View Post
    Mark 7:9,13 - And he said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition! ...thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do."
    Come on ... One verse theology does not work for the christbrews either ...

The very verse you quote to support your man made, faith ..tradition .. doctrine ... is part of a teaching where Jesus is teaching against this very thing ....

In context.

Mark.7

[1]Now when the Pharisees gathered together to him, with some of the scribes, who had come from Jerusalem,
    [2] they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands defiled, that is, unwashed.
    [3] (For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, do not eat unless they wash their hands, observing the tradition of the elders;
    [4] and when they come from the market place, they do not eat unless they purify themselves; and there are many other traditions which they observe, the washing of cups and pots and vessels of bronze.)
    [5] And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, "Why do your disciples not live according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with hands defiled?"
    [6] And he said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, `This people honors me with their lips,
    but their heart is far from me;
    [7] in vain do they worship me,
    teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.'
    [8] You leave the commandment of God, and hold fast the tradition of men."
    [9]And he said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God, in order to keep your tradition!
    [10] For Moses said, `Honor your father and your mother'; and, `He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him surely die';
    [11] but you say, `If a man tells his father or his mother, What you would have gained from me is Corban' (that is, given to God) --
    [12] then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
    [13] thus making void the word of God through your tradition which you hand on. And many such things you do."
    [14]And he called the people to him again, and said to them, "Hear me, all of you, and understand:
    [15] there is nothing outside a man which by going into him can defile him; but the things which come out of a man are what defile him."
    [17] And when he had entered the house, and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable.
    [18] And he said to them, "Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a man from outside cannot defile him,
    [19] since it enters, not his heart but his stomach, and so passes on?" (Thus he declared all foods clean.)
    [20] And he said, "What comes out of a man is what defiles a man.
    [21] For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, fornication, theft, murder, adultery,
    [22] coveting, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, foolishness.
    [23] All these evil things come from within, and they defile a man."

Come on ... One verse theology does not work for the christbrews either ...

The very verse you quote to support your man made, faith ..tradition .. doctrine ... is part of a teaching where Jesus is teaching against this very thing ....

In context.

Mark.7

[1]Now when the Pharisees gathered together to him, with some of the scribes, who had come from Jerusalem,
    [2] they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands defiled, that is, unwashed.
    [3] (For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, do not eat unless they wash their hands, observing the tradition of the elders;
    [4] and when they come from the market place, they do not eat unless they purify themselves; and there are many other traditions which they observe, the washing of cups and pots and vessels of bronze.)
    [5] And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, "Why do your disciples not live according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with hands defiled?"
    [6] And he said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, `This people honors me with their lips,
    but their heart is far from me;
    [7] in vain do they worship me,
    teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.'
    [8] You leave the commandment of God, and hold fast the tradition of men."
    [9]And he said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God, in order to keep your tradition!
    [10] For Moses said, `Honor your father and your mother'; and, `He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him surely die';
    [11] but you say, `If a man tells his father or his mother, What you would have gained from me is Corban' (that is, given to God) --
    [12] then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
    [13] thus making void the word of God through your tradition which you hand on. And many such things you do."
    [14]And he called the people to him again, and said to them, "Hear me, all of you, and understand:
    [15] there is nothing outside a man which by going into him can defile him; but the things which come out of a man are what defile him."
    [17] And when he had entered the house, and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable.
    [18] And he said to them, "Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a man from outside cannot defile him,
    [19] since it enters, not his heart but his stomach, and so passes on?" (Thus he declared all foods clean.)
    [20] And he said, "What comes out of a man is what defiles a man.
    [21] For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, fornication, theft, murder, adultery,
    [22] coveting, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, foolishness.
    [23] All these evil things come from within, and they defile a man."
    Who is proposing one verse theology? What is your point in bringing more context about the lawless Pharisees? What man made, faith, and doctrine do I subscribe to?

Who is proposing one verse theology? What is your point in bringing more context about the lawless Pharisees? What man made, faith, and doctrine do I subscribe to?
    So Who chooses what laws of the OT to follow ? Is it a personal choice guided by your personal Holy Spirit?

So Who chooses what laws of the OT to follow ? Is it a personal choice guided by your personal Holy Spirit?
    ??? I am sorry friend, I am confused. Why would the set apart (Holy) Spirit say anything different than YHWH's set apart instructions?

There is no "choosing" of which instructions of God we should follow...right?

??? I am sorry friend, I am confused. Why would the set apart (Holy) Spirit say anything different than YHWH's set apart instructions?

There is no "choosing" of which instructions of God we should follow...right?
    What is the set apart Holy Spirit?

What is the set apart Holy Spirit?
    The spirit or desire to follow the set apart instructions. A drive or desire leading to the truth of His Word. The purpose and function of the Holy Spirit. Holy simply means "set apart" It is the opposite of common or profane.

The spirit or desire to follow the set apart instructions. A drive or desire leading to the truth of His Word. The purpose and function of the Holy Spirit. Holy simply means "set apart" It is the opposite of common or profane.
    Ok ..so you do not believe in the Trinty ... One God 3 distinct persons?