Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: HR vs Titus

I'm sorry. People pretending to be stupid are very hard to deal with. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by seekingHistruth View Post
    This is interesting. I'm assuming you are equating the verses you've bolded with people who ascribe to the Hebraic Roots of our faith. I would appreciate your exposition on the verses that you've bolded.

Just a few questions that immediately come to mind:

1.) Who do you say the circumcision party is?
    2.) What do you consider these "Jewish myths" to be?
    3.) What do you think these "commandments of men" are?
    4.) Why would you equate these with the Hebraic roots of our faith?

Thanks!
    Hi fisheater,

I just came back and noticed that you'd not yet answered these questions. I would be very interested in hearing your responses to them when you have a moment.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by seekingHistruth View Post
    Hi fisheater,

I just came back and noticed that you'd not yet answered these questions. I would be very interested in hearing your responses to them when you have a moment.

Thanks.
    I too have been coming back from time to time to see how he supports a blanket statement like he made here:

"After reading this if you are in the HR movement ... Can you continue ?"

What the heck?

Personally, I'm not holding my breath. He seems like just another sniper; happy to take cheap shots and play ring around the rosy, but has zero substance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    Personally, I'm not holding my breath. He seems like just another sniper; happy to take cheap shots and play ring around the rosy, but has zero substance.
    I don't think it was a sniper shot. I seriously think fisheater believes that the verses he bolded from Titus were meant for torah folk! Seriously...and this is just sad that folks are that...

Well, you get the drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheater View Post
    So as I was researching for another thread ... the last part of this teaching from Paul Jumped out at me in reference to the New HR movement .... Seems like nothing is "new" huh .... Please note the bolded verses. I gave the whole chapter to keep it in context.

After reading this if you are in the HR movement ... Can you continue ?

Titus 1
    [1] Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to further the faith of God's elect and their knowledge of the truth which accords with godliness,
    [2] in hope of eternal life which God, who never lies, promised ages ago
    [3] and at the proper time manifested in his word through the preaching with which I have been entrusted by command of God our Savior;
    [4]To Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.
    [5]This is why I left you in Crete, that you might amend what was defective, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you,
    [6] if any man is blameless, the husband of one wife, and his children are believers and not open to the charge of being profligate or insubordinate.
    [7] For a bishop, as God's steward, must be blameless; he must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain,
    [8] but hospitable, a lover of goodness, master of himself, upright, holy, and self-controlled;
    [9] he must hold firm to the sure word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to confute those who contradict it.
    [10] For there are many insubordinate men, empty talkers and deceivers, especially the circumcision party;
    [
    11] they must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for base gain what they have no right to teach.
    [
    12] One of themselves, a prophet of their own, said, "Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons."
    [
    13] This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith,
    [
    14] instead of giving heed to Jewish myths or to commands of men who reject the truth.
    [
    15] To the pure all things are pure, but to the corrupt and unbelieving nothing is pure; their very minds and consciences are corrupted.
    [
    16] They profess to know God, but they deny him by their deeds; they are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good deed.
    Excellent man. Yes ... there is no new thing under the sun saith the preacher. Folks have been trying their best to divert attention away from Jesus Christ for more than 2000 years now. We can and should expect it but we need to continually don the whole Gospel armor.

1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

I'm not saying that all of the Torah folks are of "the devil" as many are simply easily duped and/or weak in the faith but I do believe that the devil will do and say ANYTHING to take focus off of the King of kings.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    I'm not saying that all of the Torah folks are of "the devil" as many are simply easily duped and/or weak in the faith but I do believe that the devil will do and say ANYTHING to take focus off of the King of kings.
    LOL! Just "some are of the devil"? "Easily duped?" "Weak in the faith?"

ROTFLMAO!

Yes...the devil secretly whispers to torah folks "obey God"...

Soooooo, AJ...do you belive the premise of the OP? Was it directed AT torah folks? Is that what the Scripture was saying??? I'd love to get your take on that!

Focus OFF of Yeshua???? LOL! We obey BECAUSE we love Him!

And since you agree with the OP, then YOU can elaborate on this, will you?

"What are these Jewish MYTHS and COMMANDMENTS OF MEN?"

Take your time...I'll check back.

I know I'm wasting my time here...and yet I shall attempt once again. We Torah folks get it. We're NOT a "movement." A "movement" is the midnight tree huggers and spotted lizard lovers. Yashua is the way, the truth, and the life. No man can come to the Father except by the Son. His death on the cross and blood is salvation for all mankind. We cannot enter by our works...and yet we know that faith without works is dead.

Better to go back to the beginning and search the Hebrew roots of our Christian faith (truth), than to follow the pagan roots of Protestantism. I'm wondering if some would be happier if I put a pagan tree in my house, an oblelisk in my front yard, pointed steeple on my roof (phallic symbolism)...observed halloween, hid easter eggs, etc. Is anyone AWAKE???? Yes, I do think these pagan things keep some happier while they rail against those who love ALL His words...not just pick and choose.

This debate will probably go on until YAHshua returns. I'm wondering if part of the great falling away is related to those who follow the Protestatant pagan origins-vs- those who try to observe all Yah's word. Will He find faith on the earth when He comes? Faith in what? Could it be Him and His Father's words-vs-the pagan roots and teachings of Protestantinism? One does wonder.

And what are these "Jewish myths and commandments?" If you're talking about the Scribes and Pharisees...their words/teachings are non-effective. YAHshua exposed them for what they were/are. So NO, Torah folk do not adhere to the doctrines/traditions of the Scribes/Pharisees...only to His holy word. I would say there...that settles it, but I know it won't.

Yes, we Torah folk really get it...without the blood we are nothing...lost like all humanity! But with the salvation wrought by His blood comes accountability. Amen. Not all are in the same place. Much known...much required. We obey His word because we love and wish to please Him. I believe some will receive greater rewards than others. Missionaries who have sacrificed all, martyrs, etc. deserve a greater reward. These have added works to their faith. AND never leave out...enduring to the end! I guess the point I'm making is this: If it was grace alone...there would be no degrees of rewards; we'd all just get into heaven and that would be it...all would receive the same. Yes, grace gets us in, but faith WITHOUT works is dead. Shalom, Carol

Still waiting to hear what these "Jewish myths" are...

Still waiting...