Thread: Perry Stone changes shirts in the middle of his video

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Matt, I respect the fact that you look closely at ministries and you certainly have shed light on important things.
    And thanks for your encouraging word, by the way. I'm sure we can't all agree on everything...but, iron sharpens iron, as they say!

I appreciate your insight, Matt.

Lord, open my eyes to see what You want me to see....

Thank you for sharing.

Until you can profess that your feet fit perfectly into Jesus footsteps, your short time left is better spent working on the plank in your own eye. God will take care of Him. If you have ever lied, or stolen even the smallest thing, or had hatred in your heart towards someone else, or beared false witness....then you are guilty of sinning against ALL of the law and wil be judged so.

When He comes, you don't want to be caught posting on forums about all the faults that others have, because be rest assured, He is going to point out all the faults in yours that you neglected when you were spending all that time pointing out everyone elses.

Working on your own plank is a 24/7 job for everyone and should keep you so busy, that you don't have time for pointing out others'. Unless of course, you are in denial of your sinfullness, then your time spent on deflection of that fact onto someone else makes sense.

Don’t buy from a faceless chain.
    Buy from a friend.

Shop Avon Online! - www.LizMetcalf.com
    Liz Metcalf
    - The Tree of Liberty's Avon Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Bethshaya View Post
    Until you can profess that your feet fit perfectly into Jesus footsteps, your short time left is better spent working on the plank in your own eye.
    I would argue you are mis-applying the "plank/speck" passage. If a wolf or false teacher or false teaching has slipped into and amongst the flock...what are you proposing we should do? Apparently...nothing.

The Bible has something different to say about that. I mean...even the Apostle Paul took Peter on, publicly. At one point, Peter was folding on the issue of Jewish dietary laws, and Paul called him on it. You would tell Paul to get the plank out of his eye....instead of trying to relieve Jesus-followers of the false and unbiblical burden of defunct Jewish dietary laws?

Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt TwoFour View Post
    I would argue you are mis-applying the "plank/speck" passage. If a wolf or false teacher or false teaching has slipped into and amongst the flock...what are you proposing we should do? Apparently...nothing.

The Bible has something different to say about that. I mean...even the Apostle Paul took Peter on, publicly. At one point, Peter was folding on the issue of Jewish dietary laws, and Paul called him on it. You would tell Paul to get the plank out of his eye....instead of trying to relieve Jesus-followers of the false and unbiblical burden of defunct Jewish dietary laws?

Makes no sense.
    Paul called Peter on a doctrine but Paul was a direct disciple of Christ given a directive by Christ Himself.
    The foundations of the faith - the very message itself to be preserved for generations to come was being engraved.

We can share how we believe those very scriptures have meaning in our life and what we have learned from and about them but we are not writing doctrine or in a position of authority as they were.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Matt TwoFour View Post

Makes no sense.
    No, we are to correct them out of love. Did you write or call HIM yet? Or are you just out to slander his name all over the internet without applying what the bible says we are to do.

Even in the circumstance that you mention, Paul addresses Peter directly, he doesn't go to the town square telling everyone else.."Did you hear what Peter says...he's the antichrist."

So when are you going to call or write Perry to address it?

Don’t buy from a faceless chain.
    Buy from a friend.

Shop Avon Online! - www.LizMetcalf.com
    Liz Metcalf
    - The Tree of Liberty's Avon Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Bethshaya View Post
    No, we are to correct them out of love. Did you write or call HIM yet? Or are you just out to slander his name all over the internet without applying what the bible says we are to do.

Even in the circumstance that you mention, Paul addresses Peter directly, he doesn't go to the town square telling everyone else.."Did you hear what Peter says...he's the antichrist."

So when are you going to call or write Perry to address it?
    When were you going to privately write or call (or PM) me...to correct my error? You see...I think you're misapplying Scripture again. Paul did NOT "address Peter directly" and/or privately. He confronted him in front of the entire Christian community...because that was the arena in which Peter was committing his error.

If someone is perpetrating potential false teaching in the public arena...then it is completely appropriate for a discussion of his potential errors to take place among the community members...i.e. in a public arena.

Case in point, you feel I am committing error in this discussion board...and that's where you're seeking to deal with the issue. Only makes sense.