Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Perry Stone changes shirts in the middle of his video

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I agree with you Adino- I follow Perry's ministry also and used to take care of pastor's kids that was personal friends with him-he is very sincere born again preacher preaching the gospel with an emphasis on Bible prophecy.
    ^^^^This!!!

He used to hold a week long revival at my church for several years (back during the middle '90's) and I can also vouch to his integrity and he indeed loves the Lord...

He is going to open the COG campmeeting in Wimauma, Florida in a few weeks...
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

I do not know what you mean by saying he sells "communion food" To my knowledge, he sold a kit that a person could easily carry crackers, bread, whatever, and some juice or wine in. It was a pretty little case to hold the containers so you could have it with you in your purse or briefcase. I have never heard of him saying anything like what you are suggesting. Matt, I respect the fact that you look closely at ministries and you certainly have shed light on important things. However, I do not think Perry Stone has done what you are saying.

I've had one for about five years... They do come in handy if you know someone in a hospital who wants to have communion... By the way, communion is not something you want to take lightly... There actually is a curse behind taking part without judging your heart first and being thankful for what Jesus has done for you.
    After checking many translations, or ways this could be said, I like "The Message" version the best. Read what Paul says;

1Co 11:27 Anyone who eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Master irreverently is like part of the crowd that jeered and spit on him at his death. Is that the kind of "remembrance" you want to be part of?
    1Co 11:28 Examine your motives, test your heart, come to this meal in holy awe.
    1Co 11:29 If you give no thought (or worse, don't care) about the broken body of the Master when you eat and drink, you're running the risk of serious consequences.
    1Co 11:30 That's why so many of you even now are listless and sick, and others have gone to an early grave.
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    I do not know what you mean by saying he sells "communion food"....I have never heard of him saying anything like what you are suggesting. Matt, I respect the fact that you look closely at ministries and you certainly have shed light on important things. However, I do not think Perry Stone has done what you are saying.
    Here's what I came across-- a joint television appearance with White and Stone:

Paula White: "...take communion once a day."

Perry Stone: Take it [communion] everyday and as you're praying thank God for blessing you financially.

"He said, 'Take it everyday and as you're praying thank God for blessing you financially. Thank Him that that's part of the provision. They needed $50,000 and they got an amazing, remarkable $50,000 miracle, this couple did!"

Paula White: "Call that toll free number! We want you to get the 'Meal That Heals!'"

(Paula White and Perry Stone, "Paula White Show," October 9, 2004)
    -----------

I mean...even if he weren't guilty of selling an endless series of useless "holy" trinkets and gizmos like all the other super-rich Charismatic TV evangelists...there are still all the other problems:

1) This horrendous "prosperity gospel" false teaching..2) his long list of very, very odd "insights" and "revelations" etc. And the other aforementioned issues...which for me personally, makes him someone I steer clear of.

I'm not trying to go out of my way to upset people. But in these last days there HAS to be a safe place and a safe way of hashing through and sorting through all these leaders on the 'Christian' scene...to see what they're really made of. Jesus has warned there will be a large number of satanic "Christian" leaders who will have fooled the Christian public, and who will be used to perpetrate a deadly apostasy deception.

I'm always asking fellow Christians--"If Jesus says there are large numbers of top-level Christian leaders who are actually satanists...have you spotted any of them yet??"

99.9% of the time they admit to me they can't point out a single suspect among America's popular Christian leaders! That is hugely tragic. And you see here what happens when one even attempts to begin a discussion about possible "false prophets". Everybody has their favorite 'venerated' 'untouchable' Christian leader these days.

Evangelicalism is living in the age of "the cult of personality".
    Last edited by Matt TwoFour; 05-28-2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by danwelliver View Post
    If you go to www.voe.org and watch this weeks Perry Stone video, something very curious happens. On the first part of the video, Perry Stone's shirt has some patches and two stripes on the left side of his body. At about 7:23 in the video, the patches and the stripes are on the right side of his body. Later in the video It switches back.

What do you think about this?
    PROOF POSITIVE THAT HE IS THE ANTICHRIST. ANYONE THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE THEIR CLOTHES DURING A TAPING MUST BE THE ANTICHRIST.

Have you talked to your doc about your meds recently?

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by hunybee View Post
    huh?
    Exactly, huh.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by danwelliver View Post
    If you go to www.voe.org and watch this weeks Perry Stone video, something very curious happens. On the first part of the video, Perry Stone's shirt has some patches and two stripes on the left side of his body. At about 7:23 in the video, the patches and the stripes are on the right side of his body. Later in the video It switches back.

What do you think about this?
    Someone flipped the film in editing. Mirror image.

No conspiracy theory here.

Don’t buy from a faceless chain.
    Buy from a friend.

Shop Avon Online! - www.LizMetcalf.com
    Liz Metcalf
    - The Tree of Liberty's Avon Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Matt, I respect the fact that you look closely at ministries and you certainly have shed light on important things.
    And thanks for your encouraging word, by the way. I'm sure we can't all agree on everything...but, iron sharpens iron, as they say!

I appreciate your insight, Matt.

Lord, open my eyes to see what You want me to see....

Thank you for sharing.

Until you can profess that your feet fit perfectly into Jesus footsteps, your short time left is better spent working on the plank in your own eye. God will take care of Him. If you have ever lied, or stolen even the smallest thing, or had hatred in your heart towards someone else, or beared false witness....then you are guilty of sinning against ALL of the law and wil be judged so.

When He comes, you don't want to be caught posting on forums about all the faults that others have, because be rest assured, He is going to point out all the faults in yours that you neglected when you were spending all that time pointing out everyone elses.

Working on your own plank is a 24/7 job for everyone and should keep you so busy, that you don't have time for pointing out others'. Unless of course, you are in denial of your sinfullness, then your time spent on deflection of that fact onto someone else makes sense.

Don’t buy from a faceless chain.
    Buy from a friend.

Shop Avon Online! - www.LizMetcalf.com
    Liz Metcalf
    - The Tree of Liberty's Avon Lady