Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Perry Stone changes shirts in the middle of his video

Quote Originally Posted by Matt TwoFour View Post
    I see. OK, well..."until we know you are without sin", I hope you'll stop "dragging" my errors and faults out in order "to paint them in some light for judgment".

Over and over again...these gargantuan self-canceling, contradictory advisories.

The explanantion is--you're misunderstanding and mis-applying the Matthew passage. You're right though--there are no contradictions in the Bible. All the dozens and hundreds of passages which exhort us to teach and preach..are correct. Therefore...

...your teaching (that teaching is incorrect)...is incorrect.
    I am not teaching, I am sharing.

So, tell us (and you still never responded to the question I posed about Mark 9)

which 'teacher' are we supposed to listen to? There are as many 'teachers' out there as there are varieties of teachings.

Should we all check with you to find out which ones we should or shouldn't listen to?

And what job does the Holy Spirit have in the life of the believer regarding discernment if we have to check with you instead of Him about truth vs deception?

ETA: Dozens of scriptures exhorting us to teach and preach? Can you post those scriptures please?
    I am not familiar with 'dozens' and are they from Jesus who told us not to have anyone else teach besides Him?
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I am not teaching, I am sharing.
    Oh, OK. Well then...I'm just "sharing" too. Sharing my views on Perry Stone, and stuff.

So, tell us...which 'teacher' are we supposed to listen to? There are as many 'teachers' out there as there are varieties of teachings.
    Listen to whichever ones you prefer.

Should we all check with you to find out which ones we should or shouldn't listen to?
    No.

Well...if you WANT to, you can! I'm happy to share my views.

I am not familiar with ['dozens' of scriptures exhorting us to teach and preach]
    That's unfortunate. You could try Strong's Concordance Online and look up the word "teach", for openers.

"Go ye therefore and teach all nations...". I'm trying to reach out to "all the nations" via the Internet.

^^^^Oh, Matt two BY four...^^^^

Gal 6:1 Live creatively, friends. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself. You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out.
    Gal 6:2 Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law.
    Gal 6:3 If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived.
    Last edited by Daytonabill0001; 05-29-2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Forgot scripture Matt referenced...
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Oh, OK. Well then...I'm just "sharing" too. Sharing my views on Perry Stone, and stuff.
    No, you are judging. And to top it off you are judging using 'evidence' from 2004 and have never said if you have talked to Perry or if he has repented of anything you are presenting 'evidence' to support your claim. You are not following scripture in how you are handling your differences with Perry. There is big difference between sharing as we have learned from the Lord and making judgment calls of who is and is not a false teacher.

Listen to whichever ones you prefer.
    So now you claim you don't care if people listen to false teachers? Why the duel message?
    James 1
    5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

Quote:
    No.
    Well you have decided that you are the end all of who does and does not have 'the truth' according to Matt - how are we to know what is and isn't true and who is and isn't a false teacher without checking with you? I hope you are going to live a long long time because evidently the rest of us are unable to know without your wisdom.

Well...if you WANT to, you can! I'm happy to share my views.
    We know.

That's unfortunate. You could try Strong's Concordance Online and look up the word "teach", for openers.

"Go ye therefore and teach all nations...". I'm trying to reach out to "all the nations" via the Internet.
    I did as you requested, even though you are the one with the onus to prove your point - and there was exactly ONE scripture that matches your sentence.
    Matthew 28:19
    Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Matthew 22
    The Greatest Commandment

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

John 13
    34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

There are scriptures that tell us to share the gospel message and to love others. But I don't see any, let alone dozens, trumping what Jesus said about Him being our only teacher about doctrine and that you should go around teaching doctrine about the rapture and outing who Matt thinks are false teachers that you claim existed. Instead, each heart is taught by the Lord.

John 14:26
    But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Matthew 23:10
    Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.

I have shown the scriptures to support my position and you have claimed that the scriptures to support yours exist. You said there were dozens. Where are they?

Until you present scriptures to support your claim, then you remain in error.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

I am reposting what Jesus said and is recorded in Mark 9 that Matt refuses to respond to. Jesus spoke DIRECTLY to the issue that Matt is determined to ignore.

Mark 9
    Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us

38 “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.” 39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40 for whoever is not against us is for us. 41 Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    No, you are judging.
    And you are judging me. Good grief-the double standards you churn out. It's absolutely ridiculous.

You are not following scripture in how you are handling your differences with Perry.
    And you are not "following Scripture" either...using your own skewed mis-applied standards. Have you taken me aside privately and asked me about these things? No, you have not. By your own skewed, unbiblical application of Scripture which you're attempting to pin on me, you are therefore "in disobedience to the Word".

So now you claim you don't care if people listen to false teachers?
    No, you previously made a falsified, fabricated, dishonest claim that I "demand" others agree with me. I'm simply saying that each person is responsible for their own choices.

Yes, I prefer if people didn't follow the errors of Perry Stone, so I speak out. Your false accusation of a "duel message" and that I claim to be the "be-all-end-all" on various Bible topics...is your own dishonest fabrication.

We know.
    Who is "we"? The presumption is a little silly. You speak for no one but yourself. Come on now.

The rest of your post (an argument that "teaching" isn't biblical) is so ridiculous as to be mind boggling. Either you are profoundly uninformed about basic Bible doctrine...or you're being obnoxious. Again, go to Strong's Concordance and look up the word "teach"...then "teaching"..."taught"..."instruct"..."admonish"... "preach"....on and on and on.

As to your conspiracy theory about my 'sinister' silence on Mark 9...the passage doesn't apply. Stone isn't acting in concert with someone like myself: He is (in my view) teaching falsely regarding "prosperity gospel" and regarding "PreTrib" doctrine. I oppose those things. So I post comments on a discussion board about it.

And you are judging me. Good grief-the double standards you churn out. It's absolutely ridiculous.
    I am not judging you. I am trying to show you something from scripture and have asked you to reconsider your approach based on the scripture I have cited.

And you are not "following Scripture" either...using your own skewed mis-applied standards. Have you taken me aside privately and asked me about these things? No, you have not. By your own skewed, unbiblical application of Scripture which you're attempting to pin on me, you are therefore "in disobedience to the Word".
    You and I are having a conversation in the same venue that you have made the charges against a brother in Christ. Are you having this same kind of conversation in public with those you accuse? If so, please point us to the link so we can witness it.

So far, all I have seen is you drag out 2004 'evidence' to try to judge a man and you have no idea what he has said or done about that 'evidence' since then. You don't seem interested in the truth just that you dug something up to vilify someone. That is not scriptural. You are very possibly bearing false witness against him in that you don't have all the facts and you have not invited him to defend himself. Or have you? If so, you have not shared that information with us.

Who is "we"? The presumption is a little silly. You speak for no one but yourself. Come on now.
    LOL You won't respond to Mark 9 but you find this conspiracy theory worth your time? There are several on this thread who stand with me which count for 'we.'

The rest of your post (an argument that "teaching" isn't biblical) is so ridiculous as to be mind boggling. Either you are profoundly uninformed about basic Bible doctrine...or you're being obnoxious. Again, go to Strong's Concordance and look up the word "teach"...then "teaching"..."taught"..."instruct"..."admonish"... "preach"....on and on and on.
    So name calling and more judging is your response to my scriptural request for you to list these 'dozens' of scriptures that refute my position?

Surely even you see the problem with that.

And I am fully aware of the scriptures that use those words in it but none of them cancel out Jesus words to us that we have ONE teacher.
    Even Paul concurs since He applauds those who check everything he says against the Word. We can share what we have learned but the ultimate teacher is Christ. He is the end all of all truth and any scripture that says otherwise is suspect in how it is being interpreted.

As to your conspiracy theory about my 'sinister' silence on Mark 9...the passage doesn't apply. Stone isn't acting in concert with someone like myself: He is (in my view) teaching falsely regarding "prosperity gospel" and regarding "PreTrib" doctrine. I oppose those things. So I post comments on a discussion board about it.
    Mark 9 fully applies. You disagree with what Stone is preaching so rather than post what you disagree with him on - doctrinally - and in LOVE - you decide to dig around in his past and try to find dirt on him to malign him that he is not worthy to teach.

Jesus makes it clear in Mark 9 how He feels about those that some think are 'doing it wrong' or aren't one of us.

I think you both need to take an extended leave of absence. Why not just walk away and let it go? Why do you always have to be right?
    "Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Quote Originally Posted by danwelliver View Post
    If you go to www.voe.org and watch this weeks Perry Stone video, something very curious happens. On the first part of the video, Perry Stone's shirt has some patches and two stripes on the left side of his body. At about 7:23 in the video, the patches and the stripes are on the right side of his body. Later in the video It switches back.

What do you think about this?
    Was it the video of Ancient Dreams and Visions? Cause I watched it and didn't see the switch.
    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    Psalm 20:7

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Was it the video of Ancient Dreams and Visions? Cause I watched it and didn't see the switch.
    No, it's called "The Other Side of Jacob's Ladder"...
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."