Thread: How come......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I had a hummingbird run into the side of the house and fall dead in my lap. Scared the carp out of me. I thought it was a big bee.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

found a dead hummer lting on the front porch last summer.

I did know @2! saw it on the history or sci channel- whe cleaning the bone IIRC they inadvertantly rehyrdrated marrow - cant recall how much dna thet got, think the show said they were still working on it. but the whole thing was fascinating and has been replicated in other finds IIRC

funny bone one- ya got me on that, never noticed other people laughing.

if you listened to my husband, you would know men go deafer quicker because "you never use a hundred words when 5000 would do". maybe we wear their hearing out??? dunno, but alternative thought is that it wastes way from being used so little.... :)

the other way around??? good things do happen to bad people. like getting elected.
    Laura

Crazy is fractal.

Has anyone EVER found a hummingbird's NEST? I look in all the trees after the leaves fall off and cannot find one and I KNOW they build them in the trees here.

Quote Originally Posted by goatlady View Post
    Has anyone EVER found a hummingbird's NEST? I look in all the trees after the leaves fall off and cannot find one and I KNOW they build them in the trees here.
    Yes and they are incredibly tiny. I think I read somewhere that they also have the fastest fledging of any bird in NA?

Now my question when did the tree get a cemetary?

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Apparently at the end of April. The description says, "Where arguments of doctrine, dogma, and contention go to die. The final resting place of threads which have outlived their usefulness." Alrighty, then.

I've seen lots of hummingbird nests. They're usually less than 4' off the ground, often in bushy weeds and, yes, they're tiny, smaller than a half dollar.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I've seen lots of hummingbird nests. They're usually less than 4' off the ground, often in bushy weeds and, yes, they're tiny, smaller than a half dollar.
    the one I saw was funnel shaped and about the size of a shot glass. A friend pointed it out to me, and it was in a lilac bush.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

The ones I've seen were funnel shaped, too, but barely big enough inside for the end of my thumb.