Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How come......

Apparently at the end of April. The description says, "Where arguments of doctrine, dogma, and contention go to die. The final resting place of threads which have outlived their usefulness." Alrighty, then.

I've seen lots of hummingbird nests. They're usually less than 4' off the ground, often in bushy weeds and, yes, they're tiny, smaller than a half dollar.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I've seen lots of hummingbird nests. They're usually less than 4' off the ground, often in bushy weeds and, yes, they're tiny, smaller than a half dollar.
    the one I saw was funnel shaped and about the size of a shot glass. A friend pointed it out to me, and it was in a lilac bush.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

The ones I've seen were funnel shaped, too, but barely big enough inside for the end of my thumb.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    The ones I've seen were funnel shaped, too, but barely big enough inside for the end of my thumb.
    Could be the type of hummingbird. You know at the rate we're going this is going to become a Laboratory thread! Now for some links!
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

If it's not raining tomorrow, I'll go out and see if I can find some nests. Don't hold your breath, though, they're calling for thunderstorms through next Monday. UGH! I'm so sick of rain!!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hunybee View Post
    did she hug him and love him and pet him and squeeze him and call him george?