Thread: Christians and OT Law

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You know, I just needed to open this up and read the above comments by Loup.

Thank you. I'll be resuming some things because of the Word you presented and working harder to defeat some other things. That string of scripture is the best thing I have read in months.

That Word also reconfirmed what I have known about how saved people should act when surrounded by those in darkness. We are not to boast or wag our finger or accuse because the faith that we have, the faith that has saved us, is not of us, but rather a gift from the LORD. It seems to me that the following scripture tells us that not only is Grace a gift, but also the Faith that brought the Grace upon us. Two gifts, Faith and Grace. "Ephesians 2:8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." God's workmanship, not our workmanship. An analogy: The table does not come about because of anything the table has done. The table, for heaven sake, does not even exist until the he who works at building it, completes it. Therefore those of you who feel that you must keep Torah, under the Law, then continue to do so in the spirit of why you are called to do so...perhaps you were prepared in advance to do for His reasons. As long as you call Jesus, LORD through the gift of Faith gaining Grace, then do not boast of it and call others to it. Of course, vice versa may hold just as well; do not boast of not having the need to keep Torah, for you are prepared, perhaps, for other works. And hold tight to the faith that whatever work it may be that you are prepared for, that it might only be a very small thing...1st Corinthians 1:26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him. 30It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.”

See, the underlined above is the cornerstone of works. As redeemed people, we do the works not to prove anything, not to boast about, not to confirm anything, but merely because whatever those works are, they were "...prepared in advance for us to do." and they may only be a very small part of a greater work that the LORD has ordained. Man, I never realized that till just now!!
    Last edited by grampster; 08-27-2011 at 09:33 PM.