Thread: Christians and OT Law

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Love is not based on a list of rules but a list of rules can be easily followed with the heart of love.
    Indeed! Torah written upon the heart...the New Covenant!

Ask Him to write His Torah on your heart...He will!

Isa 24:4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

Isa 24:5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the TORAH, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

Isa 24:6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Indeed! Torah written upon the heart...the New Covenant!

Ask Him to write His Torah on your heart...He will!

I am already saved by the blood of Christ and indwelt by His Holy Spirit. I am spirit led.

The New Covenant is written in His blood to a NEW CREATION who are take up their cross, follow Him to die to self and be born again.

John 3:3
    In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

Matthew 16:24
    Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Galatians 2:20
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Romans 8:1
    [ Life Through the Spirit ] Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

Romans 8:2
    because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 6
    3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

1 Peter 1:23
    For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

2 Corinthians 5:17
    Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Hebrews 8:13
    By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

2 Cor 3
    7 [The Greater Glory of the New Covenant ] Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was.

2 Cor 3
    12 Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate[a] the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post

The New Covenant is written in His blood to a NEW CREATION who are take up their cross, follow Him to die to self and be born again.
    YES! To walk as He walked! Torah written on the hearts and not fleshly table of stone...the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life!

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my TORAH in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

HalleluYAH!