Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senate Bean soup

Oh Noooooo! soup disaster!

i left my pot of soup out on the porch to cool down before putting it away and going to bed and FORGOT IT!

it sat out all night.

i wondered when i got up this morning, opened the door & i saw the pot of my delicious bean/ham soup pushed right in front of the door with the lid off and half of it gone.....and wondered why the dog was laying there all bloated looking with a sheepish grin on her face.

aaarrrggghhhh!

dh says it looks ok & just scrape out the untouched part where the critter et ..eewww. i dont think so. im not that desperate for food yet.

so i guess im making another pot of senate bean soup today!

it really, really is GOOD. even the dog thinks so.
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. Anything or anyone else are end times deceptions distracting us from fully knowing Christ. There is No Other.

CANNABIS MEDICINE RECIPES & INFO
    https://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com/blog/

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Irene texas View Post

Note: Diced ham or ham hocks can be added
    Ah. With a name like "Senate" bean soup, I was wondering where the PORK was!
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post

i left my pot of soup out on the porch to cool down before putting it away and going to bed and FORGOT IT!

it sat out all night.

i wondered when i got up this morning, opened the door & i saw the pot of my delicious bean/ham soup pushed right in front of the door with the lid off and half of it gone.....and wondered why the dog was laying there all bloated looking with a sheepish grin on her face.

aaarrrggghhhh!

dh says it looks ok & just scrape out the untouched part where the critter et ..eewww. i dont think so. im not that desperate for food yet.

Oooh, jazzy!

With all that fiber, Ms. Doggie will be leaving you LOTS of presents in the yard.

Hope your second pot of soup stayed safe!
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

lol! yup, got lots of 'presents' but doggy is happy.
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. Anything or anyone else are end times deceptions distracting us from fully knowing Christ. There is No Other.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post

it sat out all night.

aaarrrggghhhh!

I've been wondering if critters would get into hot soup.
    Put the hot soup in the car to cool. The doors and windows are closed. No admittance for hungry critters! Try this next time Jazzy, it works for me. It is nice and cool the next morning.

darn! now thats a fine idea.......wonder why i never thunk of it. it would solve all the leave-the-food-on-the-porch-to cool problems i tend to have around here.

Thanks!

I made a BIG pot of this soup the other day. They ought to change the name and call it 24 hour soup because that is just about as long as that big pot of soup lasted. It is delicious, thanks for posting the recipe.
    For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: Walk as children of light.

I can't eat white beans, any suggestions?
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I made a BIG pot of this soup the other day. They ought to change the name and call it 24 hour soup because that is just about as long as that big pot of soup lasted. It is delicious, thanks for posting the recipe.

Yeah it sounds tasty but it definitely needs a new name for marketing purposes. I hear senate soup and I immediately get a bad taste in my mouth.