Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can You Trust Chemotherapy to Cure Your Cancer?

Default Can You Trust Chemotherapy to Cure Your Cancer?

Can You Trust Chemotherapy to Cure Your Cancer?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 by: Andreas Moritz

http://www.naturalnews.com/023689.html

*As I was searching for more information about natural "cures" for
    cancer, I came upon this article from natural news, (I am a regular
    reader of natural news), and this is from 2008. It is very interesting,
    and contains extremely important information to consider before any
    of us or our loved ones submit to conventional treatment such as
    radiation or chemotherapy. My Son is trying to make up his mind
    whether or not to accept the chemo for treatment of his brain cancer.
    They're pushing him to begin immediately, and he is still weak and not
    feeling well, partly due to taking the radiation treatment. I'm going to
    print this off and have him read it. It's hard to tell your child that,
    and if he should get much worse, than I will feel responsible, and
    risk the possibility that him and others will wonder if things would
    have turned out differently, had he not listened to me. Yet, I
    realize that we are not being told the truth about these "conventional"
    treatments.

I already told him that conventional treatments
    pretty much just put the cells into a temporary
    "sleep" state of being, but do not usually "cure" the cancer......and
    people often die from weakened immune systems.........therefore being
    more likely to get other types of cancer, etc. I hope and pray that
    this information, and/or anything that you find in your own research
    will help you and your loved ones make the choice that is right for
    you and your family.

(NaturalNews) Former White House press secretary Tony Snow died in July 2008 at the age of 53, following a series of chemotherapy treatments for colon cancer. In 2005, Snow had his colon removed and underwent six months of chemotherapy after being diagnosed with colon cancer. Two years later (2007), Snow underwent surgery to remove a growth in his abdominal area, near the site of the original cancer. "This is a very treatable condition," said Dr. Allyson Ocean, a gastrointestinal oncologist at Weill Cornell Medical College. "Many patients, because of the therapies we have, are able to work and live full lives with quality while they're being treated. Anyone who looks at this as a death sentence is wrong." But of course we now know, Dr. Ocean was dead wrong.

The media headlines proclaimed Snow died from colon cancer, although they knew he didn't have a colon anymore. Apparently, the malignant cancer had "returned" (from where?) and "spread" to the liver and elsewhere in his body. In actual fact, the colon surgery severely restricted his normal eliminative functions, thereby overburdening the liver and tissue fluids with toxic waste. The previous series of chemo-treatments inflamed and irreversibly damaged a large number of cells in his body, and also impaired his immune system -- a perfect recipe for growing new cancers. Now unable to heal the causes of the original cancer (in addition to the newly created ones), Snow's body developed new cancers in the liver and other parts of the body.

The mainstream media, of course, still insist Snow died from colon cancer, thus perpetuating the myth that it is only the cancer that kills people, not the treatment. Nobody seems to raise the important point that it is extremely difficult for a cancer patient to actually heal from this condition while being subjected to the systemic poisons of chemotherapy and deadly radiation. If you are bitten by a poisonous snake and don't get an antidote for it, isn't it likely that your body becomes overwhelmed by the poison and, therefore, cannot function anymore?

Before Tony Snow began his chemo-treatments for his second colon cancer, he still looked healthy and strong. But after a few weeks into his treatment, he started to develop a coarse voice, looked frail, turned gray and lost his hair. Did the cancer do all this to him? Certainly not. Cancer doesn't do such a thing, but chemical poisoning does. He actually looked more ill than someone who has been bitten by a poisonous snake.

Does the mainstream media ever report about the overwhelming scientific evidence that shows chemotherapy has zero benefits in the five-year survival rate of colon cancer patients? Or how many oncologists stand up for their cancer patients and protect them against chemotherapy treatment which they very well know can cause them to die far more quickly than if they received no treatment at all? Can you trustingly place your life into their hands when you know that most of them would not even consider chemotherapy for themselves if they were diagnosed with cancer? What do they know that you don't? The news is spreading fast that in the United States physician-caused fatalities now exceed 750,000 each year. Perhaps, many doctors no longer trust in what they practice, for good reasons.

"Most cancer patients in this country die of chemotherapy... Chemotherapy does not eliminate breast, colon or lung cancers. This fact has been documented for over a decade. Yet doctors still use chemotherapy for these tumors... Women with breast cancer are likely to die faster with chemo than without it." - Alan Levin, M.D.

An investigation by the Department of Radiation Oncology, Northern Sydney Cancer Centre, Australia, into the contribution of chemotherapy to 5-year survival in 22 major adult malignancies, showed startling results: The overall contribution of curative and adjuvant cytotoxic chemotherapy to 5-year survival in adults was estimated to be 2.3% in Australia and 2.1% in the USA." [Royal North Shore Hospital Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 2005 Jun;17(4):294.]

The research covered data from the Cancer Registry in Australia and the Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results in the USA for the year 1998. The current 5-year relative adult survival rate for cancer in Australia is over 60%, and no less than that in the USA. By comparison, a mere 2.3% contribution of chemotherapy to cancer survival does not justify the massive expense involved and the tremendous suffering patients experience because of severe, toxic side effects resulting from this treatment. With a meager success rate of 2.3%, selling chemotherapy as a medical treatment (instead of a scam), is one of the greatest fraudulent acts ever committed. The average chemotherapy earns the medical establishment a whopping $300,000 to $1,000,000 each year, and has so far earned those who promote this pseudo-medication (poison) over 1 trillion dollars. It's no surprise that the medical establishment tries to keep this scam alive for as long as possible.

In 1990, the highly respected German epidemiologist, Dr. Ulrich Abel from the Tumor Clinic of the University of Heidelberg, conducted the most comprehensive investigation of every major clinical study on chemotherapy drugs ever done. Abel contacted 350 medical centers and asked them to send him anything they had ever published on chemotherapy. He also reviewed and analyzed thousands of scientific articles published in the most prestigious medical journals. It took Abel several years to collect and evaluate the data. Abel's epidemiological study, which was published on August 10, 1991 in The Lancet, should have alerted every doctor and cancer patient about the risks of one of the most common treatments used for cancer and other diseases. In his paper, Abel came to the conclusion that the overall success rate of chemotherapy was "appalling." According to this report, there was no scientific evidence available in any existing study to show that chemotherapy can "extend in any appreciable way the lives of patients suffering from the most common organic cancers."

Abel points out that chemotherapy rarely improves the quality of life. He describes chemotherapy as "a scientific wasteland" and states that even though there is no scientific evidence that chemotherapy works, neither doctor nor patient is willing to give up on it. The mainstream media has never reported on this hugely important study, which is hardly surprising, given the enormous vested interests of the groups that sponsor the media, that is, the pharmaceutical companies. A recent search turned up exactly zero reviews of Abel's work in American journals, even though it was published in 1990. I believe this is not because his work was unimportant -- but because it is irrefutable.

The truth of the matter would be far too costly for the pharmaceutical industry to bear, thus making it unacceptable. If the mass media reported the truth that medical drugs, including chemotherapy drugs, are used to practically commit genocide in the U.S. and the world, their best sponsors (the pharmaceutical companies) would have to withdraw their misleading advertisements from the television media, radio stations, magazines, and newspapers. But neither group wants to go bankrupt.

Many doctors go as far as prescribing chemotherapy drugs to patients for malignancies that are far too advanced for surgery, with the full knowledge that there are no benefits at all. Yet they claim chemotherapy to be an effective cancer treatment, and their unsuspecting patients believe that "effective" equals "cure." The doctors, of course, refer to the FDA's definition of an "effective" drug, one which achieves a 50% or more reduction in tumor size for 28 days. They neglect to tell their patients that there is no correlation whatsoever between shrinking tumors for 28 days and curing the cancer or extending life. Temporary tumor shrinkage through chemotherapy has never been shown to cure cancer or to extend life. In other words, you can live with an untreated tumor for just as long as you would with one that has been shrunken or been eliminated by chemotherapy (or radiation).

Chemotherapy has never been shown to have curative effects for cancer. By contrast, the body can still cure itself, which it actually tries to do by developing cancer. Cancer is more a healing response than it is a disease. The "disease" is the body's attempt to cure itself of an existing imbalance. And sometimes, this healing response continues even if a person is subjected to chemotherapy (and/or radiation). Unfortunately, as the previously mentioned research has demonstrated, the chances for a real cure are greatly reduced when patients are treated with chemotherapy drugs.

The side effects of the treatment can be horrendous and heartbreaking for both patients and their loved ones, all in the name of trustworthy medical treatment. Although the drug treatment comes with the promise to improve the patient's quality of life, it is just common sense that a drug that makes them throw up and lose their hair, while wrecking their immune system, is doing the exact opposite. Chemo-therapy can give the patient life-threatening mouth sores. It attacks the immune system by destroying billions of immune cells (white blood cells). Its deadly poisons inflame every part of the body. The drugs can slough off the entire lining of their intestines. The most common side effect experienced among chemo patients is their complete lack of energy. The new additional drugs now given to many chemo patients may prevent the patient from noticing some of the side effects, but they hardly reduce the immensely destructive and suppressive effect of the chemotherapy itself. Remember, the reason chemotherapy can shrink some tumors is because it causes massive destruction in the body.

If you have cancer, you may think that feeling tired is just part of the disease. This rarely is the case. Feeling unusually tired is more likely due to anemia, a common side effect of most chemotherapy drugs. Chemo drugs can dramatically decrease your red blood cell levels, and this reduces oxygen availability to the 60-100 trillion cells of your body. You can literally feel the energy being zapped from every cell of your body -- a physical death without dying. Chemo-caused fatigue has a negative impact on day-to-day activities in 89% of all patients. With no energy, there can be no joy and no hope, and all bodily functions become subdued.

One long-term side effect is that these patients' bodies can no longer respond to nutritional or immune-strengthening approaches to cancerous tumors. All of this may explain why cancer patients who do not receive any treatment at all, have an up to four times higher remission rate than those who receive treatment. The sad thing is that chemotherapy does not cure 96% to 98% of all cancers anyway. Conclusive evidence (for the majority of cancers) that chemotherapy has any positive influence on survival or quality of life does not exist.

To promote chemotherapy as a treatment for cancer is misleading, to say the least. By permanently damaging the body's immune system and other important parts, chemo-therapy has become a leading cause of treatment-caused diseases such as heart disease, liver disease, intestinal diseases, diseases of the immune system, infections, brain diseases, pain disorders, and rapid aging.

Before committing themselves to being poisoned, cancer patients need to question their doctors and ask them to produce the research or evidence that shrinking a tumor actually translates to any increase in survival. If they tell you that chemotherapy is your best chance of surviving, you will know they are lying or are simply misinformed. As Abel's research clearly demonstrated, there is no such evidence anywhere to be found in the medical literature. Subjecting patients to chemotherapy robs them of a fair chance of finding or responding to a real cure and deserves criminal prosecution.

Andreas Moritz's book, Cancer is not a Disease - It's a Survival Mechanism, explains the root causes of cancer and how to eliminate them for good. Available through (www.ener-chi.com) or (www.amazon.com) .

About the author

Andreas Moritz is a medical intuitive; a practitioner of Ayurveda, iridology, shiatsu, and vibrational medicine; a writer; and an artist. He is the author of the international bestseller, The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush; Timeless Secrets of Health and Rejuvenation, Lifting the Veil of Duality, Cancer Is Not a Disease, It's Time to Come Alive, Heart Disease No More, Diabetes No More, Simple Steps to Total Health, Diabetes—No More, Ending the AIDS Myth and Heal Yourself with Sunlight. For more information, visit the author's website: www.ener-chi.com

Also, for more information:

http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/fraud/chemo.htm

Check this out, right from the Harvard Edu. Website!

Reproductive tract The cells which produce sperm in men are frequently destroyed by chemotherapy. This can cause sterility, and therefore may make it impossible to father a child. Many men decide to bank sperm prior to chemotherapy. This should be discussed with the doctor before starting chemotherapy.

Most chemotherapy drugs can be harmful to a fetus, and therefore it is crucial to not become pregnant while receiving chemotherapy. Women of child-bearing years need to use a reliable birth control method for the entire time they are undergoing chemotherapy, including the rest periods. Men should use a condom when having sexual relations for 3 days after chemotherapy to protect their spouses from exposure to the drug.

Other organs
    Damage to the kidneys, liver and other organs is rare. There are some unique risks with individual drugs, and these will be reviewed in detail prior to their administration. Chemotherapy patients should avoid overexposure to sun light. Wear protective clothing (brimmed hat, shirt sleeves) and use suntan lotion.

Bodily excretions and menses
    When receiving chemotherapy, and for 3 days after, careful attention should be paid to hand washing after urination, since many chemotherapy drugs are removed from the body in the urine. If family members help with personal care of the patient, they should wear latex gloves when handling urine or vomitus for 3 days after chemotherapy. Clothing soiled with urine, vomit, or feces should be washed separately in hot soapy water.

Pinky, what's wrong? You OK? You appear to be obsessed with these proven quacks and their quackery.

PM coming Pinky.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Pinky, what's wrong? You OK? You appear to be obsessed with these proven quacks and their quackery.

Easy, I'm not obsessed with "quackery", okay?? I'm obsessed with
    trying to find a good, natural way of healing my precious Son's body.
    Something only a Mother would relate to. Ultimately, it's all in
    God's hands..........but I do believe that he put natural things here
    on earth to help keep our bodies healthy and more resistant to
    diseases. Unfortunately, we live in a toxic environment. The they
    want to go and put more toxic substances in our bodies to try to
    get rid of the diseases?? Makes no sense to me.
    So, do you go for the conventional treatments that make Big Pharma
    a ton of $$$$, but not natural ways to help heal your body? If so,
    well, I just don't get that, Easyrider.

No, Pinky, I don't go 100% with the standard cancer treatment M.O.. I think you have to take a balanced approach. Board certified doctors with Acupuncture and nutrition and herbs. But I stay away from proven, certified quacks.

Pinky... your son is an adult. This needs to be HIS decision, and you need to LET him make it himself, without the emotional blackmail you're obviously using.

I know you love your son deeply... as we talked about before, losing a child is unnatural... it's "out of the natural order" and so very much harder that way.

But CANCER KILLS!!! And Chemo MAY give him a chance that he *will not have* without it. I'm sorry- I strongly believe in good diet, healthy living, etc- for PREVENTION. And for adjunct treatment to help the body withstand the *proven* (not guaranteed by any means, but certainly with a much higher *proven* success rate than some of the quackery you're desperately trying to believe in here) but harsh treatments.

Absolutely, chemo has ALL of the problems you are reading about. But CANCER KILLS. I've been holding back saying some of what I've wanted to, despite God nudging me strongly to say this. So... I'm going to be obedient to him, and pray you can hear it with an open mind and heart.

I have a good internet friend who discovered he had a serious, late stage throat cancer. He was determined to beat it, and he did his research and decided to take the doctors advice and have the surgery, and then follow up radiation and chemo. Even with the most aggressive treatment, they really didn't have a lot of hope for a cure... they were blunt about the side effects being dangerously drastic... there was a significant chance that he'd need a permanent stomach tube for the rest of his life.

Well... he just happened (I don't believe in coincidence) to tell me about all of this right after I'd read a new herb book, and in it, I'd read about the ability of Chamomile to help ameliorate radiation injury. I offered to send him some, along with some licorice tincture (a potent antiinflammatory) and a couple other herbs which have known abilities to help the body withstand radiation. I had no real confidence that it would do much... but I was obeying one of those "Nudges" and I had no choice.

Even so, I was stunned to get an e-mail from him about 2 days after he got the package, telling me that the chamomile and licorice combination had helped his pain. (he was still waiting for surgery and had had no treatment at this point, and the cancer was eating his throat tissue and inflaming much of his mouth to the point where he was barely able to swallow and hadn't been able to wear his false teeth for weeks). It had helped to the point where he HAD been taking some potent narcotic pills every 4 hours... and it let him immediately cut down to one in the evening to help him sleep. Even more amazing, he was able to put his teeth back in, and start eating again.

He got through the radiation with "excellent" results according to his doctors. Then the surgery. He did the chemo, but ended it one treatment early because the side effects were getting to be unbearable. But he was using the herbs all the way through, with his doctor's blessing... they didn't think they could do much- but they also couldn't explain how much less tissue damage he was showing from the heavy radiation doses compared to "normal".

He was able to have the stomach tube removed after 4 months- "average" according to his docs is a year- and as they'd warned him, some people simply never can eat and swallow again. It's been almost 3 years, and so far, there is no sign of recurrence.

Neither of us believe for a second that he could have skipped all the radiation and chemo and had the same- or better- results.

Please... let your son do what he wants to in terms of treatment, and don't wait any longer. Believe me, the doctors aren't recommending chemo because they want to see him suffer and be miserable. They want him to live and recover- just like you do! Encourage him to eat a good diet, but NOT the stupid fad stuff some of these quacks out there are pushing. You aren't going to cure cancer by stringently limiting your diet- especially if it's foods he doesn't like. It's possible you may be able to PREVENT cancers from growing with a better diet, and I certainly think it's better to avoid as much of the chemical garbage in our foods, but if those are the only nutrients and calories he can stand to consume- then it's MUCH better to consume those imperfect nutrients and calories!

By all means, look into herbs and natural treatments that can help with the things like the red blood cell damage... because there ARE alternatives out there which can give him a much better chance of being able to withstand the treatment, and give his body the strength to keep going while the cancer is being killed.

I would LOVE to see the actual studies which show the statistics behind the claims of things like THIS ONE: All of this may explain why cancer patients who do not receive any treatment at all, have an up to four times higher remission rate than those who receive treatment.

The so called "studies" I've seen for these claims include mostly self diagnosed cancers and people who never actually saw a doctor. Having had more than one breast lump vanish on my own body, I can say you can certainly convince yourself you have cancer- and be very grateful when the "evidence" vanishes... but that's not proof that you ever had more than something like a cyst or a benign lipoma.

I mentioned Adele Davis before- my Mother believed in her books and diets like you seem to believe in these quacks. She was convinced you could cure cancer by eating cabbage, among other silly claims. She alienated a lot of her friends by trying to force them to ignore their doctors and follow Ms Davis' diet when they were ill. And she truly meant well... But for all that, Ms Davis died very young (the older I get, the younger 70 seems!!) of bone cancer. She couldn't even prevent her own disease, much less cure it.

There are members here who have loved ones who have survived "100% fatal" brain cancers, through chemo and all the supposedly ineffective modern medicine. And they actually HAD lab proven cancers.

Back to the beginning... you have every right to refuse treatment- for YOURSELF. If- God forbid- you ever face something like this, I'd fully respect your right to choose to treat it however you wish or believe will work. But your son ALSO has that right, and he must be terribly conflicted right now- his love for you and knowing your love for him is conflicting with the doctor's knowledge that he has a dangerous disease and their recommendations on what he needs to do to effectively treat it.

I personally would likely refuse chemo under some circumstances... if I was certain the cancer was terminal, I'd choose to treat the symptoms and pain through hospice and try to stay as comfortable in my last weeks or months as possible. If a cancer was discovered early, I would talk to my family as well as researching options and the potential for a cure or an extended remission, and then make my choice.

But if- God forbid- one of my beloved grown children ever came down with this horrid disease, I would do whatever I could to help them beat it... but it would have to be THEIR decision to make as far as what treatments to choose.

Ok, I've obeyed what God has been putting on my heart for too many weeks. That's the last you'll hear of it from me. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.

Summerthyme

Pinky-Chan...

I already PM'd you a while ago about my recommendations.

About Chemo--yeah it does work to a certain extent. But you also have to change up your life style 180 degrees afterwards. You have to eliminate all chemicals, preservatives and so on down the line. When the treatments are done, you have to pump the body with suppliments and vitamins and natural foods.... and remove all contaminants in the home.

It is a total approach.

But like I may have told you with my dog who underwent chemo--and afterwards my new vet told me a dard joke about Oncologist (cancer doctors) that goes like this... "why do they put nails in coffins? Answer: to keep the oncologist from trying one more time."

Certain types of cancers respond very, very well to chemo--some do not.

Yeah, your son is down and out and spent from the radiation--but the sooner he starts a round of chemo, the better chance he has to knock it down completely, or for a long, long time. Like you said, you cannot kill off all the cancer cells--there are always cancer cells floating around the body even in healthy people. It's when they take hold and multiply the problems start. It is a combination of genetics and immune system breakdown.

So after this chemo--he has to build himself from the ground up again... not go back to his previous life style.

Praying for you and your son.

ST

Quote Originally Posted by Shinmen Takezo View Post
    Pinky-Chan...

I already PM'd you a while ago about my recommendations.

About Chemo--yeah it does work to a certain extent. But you also have to change up your life style 180 degrees afterwards. You have to eliminate all chemicals, preservatives and so on down the line. When the treatments are done, you have to pump the body with suppliments and vitamins and natural foods.... and remove all contaminants in the home.

It is a total approach.

But like I may have told you with my dog who underwent chemo--and afterwards my new vet told me a dard joke about Oncologist (cancer doctors) that goes like this... "why do they put nails in coffins? Answer: to keep the oncologist from trying one more time."

Certain types of cancers respond very, very well to chemo--some do not.

Yeah, your son is down and out and spent from the radiation--but the sooner he starts a round of chemo, the better chance he has to knock it down completely, or for a long, long time. Like you said, you cannot kill off all the cancer cells--there are always cancer cells floating around the body even in healthy people. It's when they take hold and multiply the problems start. It is a combination of genetics and immune system breakdown.

So after this chemo--he has to build himself from the ground up again... not go back to his previous life style.

Praying for you and your son.

ST
    Shinmen, I thought I did PM you back, my apologies if I didn't. I really
    appreciate all of your help, and will use your advice. I do believe that
    chemo only helps in a small % of patients who are stricken with
    cancer. What many people do not seem to understand, is that chemo
    does not help in most patients who have brain cancer.........my Son
    and I have talked about that.........he even said that they so much
    as told him the very same thing. Our brains have a blood barrier to
    protect us from foreign substances, and even if it manages to penetrate
    that barrier, it just doesn't seem to help, in most cases. Yet they'll
    risk pumping his body full of chemicals, lowering his immune system, etc.
    for what? It's been proven that they even pump people who are pretty
    much on their death beds full of these toxic chemicals. All we have to
    do is follow the money trail. Thanks again for everything, and I'm still
    praying for your little dog, and glad that she is in remission.
    God Bless You. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post
    PM coming Pinky.

Got it! Thanks, Wiskey Reb.......I wrote back. =)

Pinky, I surely do not know the answers, but I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I've been praying for you and your family for wisdom, strength and courage to get through these times. You are an inspiration to me.