Thread: Who's More Righteous?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    I'm with you there. Nobody on earth can keep the 613 laws of the "Torah" (614 if you count the wearing of the tzitzit). I, too, love reading the entire Word of God and the history contained therein. I'm especially thankful that Jesus Christ fulfilled the law. I would be completely hopeless had he not.
    Fulfilled? As in our sacrifice for our sins, but NOT done away. Heaven and earth are still here...the two witnesses He called to remind you!

I always like to toss this in to folks who hate his Torah and say "nobody can keep His Torah". Always makes their eyes cross!

Luk 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Now, isn't that something?

Good post Al!...Let Yah be truth and every man a liar. Wasn't Abraham, or Noah in this "category" (righteous) also? I would also think Mary would have been righteous...for she was chosen as a clean vessel (virgin) to bring The Son of Yahweh into the world! No, I haven't always been righteous, and at times have failed. Bottom line-- if the word says some were righteous...then that settles it for me! amen!

Genesis 6:9 Noah was a just and perfect man and walked with Yahweh.

Galations 3:6 Even as Abraham believed Yahweh, and it was accounted unto him as righteousness.

Hebrew chapter 11 Paul lists Abel as a righteous man; Joseph was a righteous man. Just google righteous + Bible people.

I agree with you, Carol.

Your posts brought this video to mind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSn0M..._order&list=UL

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Fulfilled? As in our sacrifice for our sins, but NOT done away. Heaven and earth are still here...the two witnesses He called to remind you!

I always like to toss this in to folks who hate his Torah and say "nobody can keep His Torah". Always makes their eyes cross!

Luk 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Now, isn't that something?
    Was that prior to the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ? Is there a similar description of anyone post-crucifixion? I'm all for living an upright life and following the Two Great Commandments of Jesus Christ. I'm all for it.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    Was that prior to the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ? Is there a similar description of anyone post-crucifixion? I'm all for living an upright life and following the Two Great Commandments of Jesus Christ. I'm all for it.
    I just pulled that verse to shut up all those who say that "nobody could keep Torah". Yah says otherwise.

And even they, though BLAMELESS in His commands, still needed Yeshua.

So AJ, you may think twice before making those claims that it can't be done. For salvation? No. But they were blameless in TORAH.

Let Yah be true, and every man...

I just pulled that verse to shut up all those who say that "nobody could keep Torah". Yah says otherwise.

So AJ, you may think twice before making those claims that it can't be done. For salvation? No. But they were blameless in TORAH.

Then, by all means you should focus on "keeping Torah." I'm saved by grace and shall remained focused on Jesus Christ. You do what you feel is best for you and I'll do what I know is best for me.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

if they were blameless then why do they need the blood?