Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's More Righteous?

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    p.s. I meant to add I'm more of a Torah/Tanach lover than keeper. I cannot keep all the Torah/Tanach any more than those who call themselves New Covenant keepers can keep all of it. If they Could, there would be no need for revivals and alter calls for those already churched. So you see...we're all doing the best we can to make heaven our home. We know He is the way the truth and the life and we're striving to meet Him.
    I'm with you there. Nobody on earth can keep the 613 laws of the "Torah" (614 if you count the wearing of the tzitzit). I, too, love reading the entire Word of God and the history contained therein. I'm especially thankful that Jesus Christ fulfilled the law. I would be completely hopeless had he not.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    Nice passage. What version of the Bible are you quoting from? Is that an expanded version? Interesting study help for sure.
    That was taken from the Amplified version. I like to look at what the Holy Spirit has given me and look for it in the Word to confirm what He has told me and then I compare in parallel the Amplified, God's Word to the nations, the King James version (my main translation), the Literal Translation of the Bible, The Message (the Bible in contemporary language) and sometimes I check out the Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Bible... Plus fourteen different Bible Dictionaries... Five different commentaries, all in one Scripture software called 'E-Sword". It's great and best of all, it's FREE!!! Oh, did I mention that I have the complete works of Flavius Josephus, all nine volumes of the Ante-Nicene Fathers, nineteen sermons from Smith Wigglesworth... Okay, okay, I'll stop!!! Psst! And I gots maps too!!!

The blood ALONE saves...but we must endure to the end. It isn't how well we start out...but if we endure to the end. He that endures to the end...the same shall be saved. So it takes the blood AND enduring. p.s. Torah/Tanach lovers (me) get it!
    I agree with you, it's scriptural, I've heard this from somewhere, "The state you die in is the state you will be in for eternity..."

Love ya!
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Thanks for your posts. Yes, all YAHshua wants is our love, faith, trust and worship (and that entails a lot! ). I was wondering if you knew what the tzit tzits were worn for? It was a reminder for the children of Israel to remember to keep the commandments. Yes, they are now written on our hearts...but I think all of us could use a visual reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    I'm with you there. Nobody on earth can keep the 613 laws of the "Torah" (614 if you count the wearing of the tzitzit). I, too, love reading the entire Word of God and the history contained therein. I'm especially thankful that Jesus Christ fulfilled the law. I would be completely hopeless had he not.
    Fulfilled? As in our sacrifice for our sins, but NOT done away. Heaven and earth are still here...the two witnesses He called to remind you!

I always like to toss this in to folks who hate his Torah and say "nobody can keep His Torah". Always makes their eyes cross!

Luk 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Now, isn't that something?

Good post Al!...Let Yah be truth and every man a liar. Wasn't Abraham, or Noah in this "category" (righteous) also? I would also think Mary would have been righteous...for she was chosen as a clean vessel (virgin) to bring The Son of Yahweh into the world! No, I haven't always been righteous, and at times have failed. Bottom line-- if the word says some were righteous...then that settles it for me! amen!

Genesis 6:9 Noah was a just and perfect man and walked with Yahweh.

Galations 3:6 Even as Abraham believed Yahweh, and it was accounted unto him as righteousness.

Hebrew chapter 11 Paul lists Abel as a righteous man; Joseph was a righteous man. Just google righteous + Bible people.

I agree with you, Carol.

Your posts brought this video to mind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSn0M..._order&list=UL

Thanks for your posts. Yes, all YAHshua wants is our love, faith, trust and worship (and that entails a lot! ). I was wondering if you knew what the tzit tzits were worn for? It was a reminder for the children of Israel to remember to keep the commandments. Yes, they are now written on our hearts...but I think all of us could use a visual reminder.
    I know what you're saying but wouldn't creating a "visual reminder" be similar to a Catholic statue of Mary or a Mormon temple or an Orthodox crucifix? If the law is truly written on our hearts then we need no graven item to remind us. I'm not condemning anyone who does need one but I've been a baptized Christian since 1985 (and was raised in a Christian household) and have never needed such a reminder.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."