Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Who's More Righteous?

You know, I scanned this thread, and I've no one poster in mind, and it is clear that many are able to cite the Holy Writ rather well. I will say, with FULL admittance that my Orthodox Faith questions a FEW of the tenuous logical strings some have used to thread together there answers, just a FEW thoughts, not going at anyone, just from my side of the pew.

THE DEADLIEST Sin, is pride, it is the reason lucifer fell, as well, it is the SAME reason he committed THREE sins that made him anathema to his very Creator.

Besides the clearly cited Holy Writ, Jesus several times told the Pharisees they should NOT judge, and thusly I myself refuse, as an Orthodox Christian, to wade into these waters, although I admit the question is interesting.

I would with all of this in mind, remind you that Jesus wasn't, the first time, here to judge. We were given a great commission, and all of us, to include myself, aren't spending enough time doing as we were told.
    http://youtu.be/NDTzcFgUiz4
    "You Can't MAKE this stuff up."

They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity.
    Ezekiel 7:19

Ge 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

De 16:19 Thou shalt not wrest judgment; thou shalt not respect persons, neither take a gift: for a gift doth blind the eyes of the wise, and pervert the words of the righteous.

De 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Job 34:4 Let us choose to us judgment: let us know among ourselves what is good.

Ps 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment

Ps 106:3 Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Pr 19:28 An ungodly witness scorneth judgment: and the mouth of the wicked devoureth iniquity.

Pr 21:3 To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Pr 21:7 The robbery of the wicked shall destroy them; because they refuse to do judgment.

Pr 21:15 It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Isa 59:8 The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.

Isa 59:14 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.

Isa 59:15 Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.

Isa 61:8 For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

Jer 21:12 O house of David, thus saith the LORD; Execute judgment in the morning, and deliver him that is spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor, lest my fury go out like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

Jer 22:15 Shalt thou reign, because thou closest thyself in cedar? did not thy father eat and drink, and do judgment and justice, and then it was well with him?

Eze 44:24 And in controversy they shall stand in judgment; and they shall judge it according to my judgments: and they shall keep my laws and my statutes in all mine assemblies; and they shall hallow my sabbaths.

Am 5:7 Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and leave off righteousness in the earth,

Am 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Am 5:24 But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.

Am 6:12 Shall horses run upon the rock? will one plow there with oxen? for ye have turned judgment into gall, and the fruit of righteousness into hemlock:

Hab 1:4 Therefore the law is slacked, and judgment doth never go forth: for the wicked doth compass about the righteous; therefore wrong judgment proceedeth.

Zec 7:9 Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:

Zec 8:16 These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates:

Mt 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Lu 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Joh 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The Lowest Room:
    Can you actually post something or do you only know how to cut and paste? It would help your point if you could actually say something to give the reader a' heads up' as to where you are trying to go with your cutting and pasting.

Friend, all Im doing is posting scripture verses. In those verses Im posting, i am letting God do the talking. The verses I am posting are replies to the subject and statements being made by others who posted. The post I made here was a reply to the post made just above it in context with the threads subject, in response to THE LIE that was made supposedly coming from Jesus. The 'Capt.' stated that Jesus rebuked the pharisees several times about judging one another and judgment. He also stated that Jesus did NOT judge the first time, but does on his return. The verses I posted were in response to this erroneous position and understanding of the word. That is all.