Quote Originally Posted by labellavita View Post
you are going to think me a heretic, but that's par for the course.

I would love for you to show me ONCE where Yah tells Israel or those who sojourn with Israel that they need to BELIEVE in Yeshua, a cross, or a resurrection to be "saved." You won't find it.

What He does tell those who choose to follow the G-d of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is to choose life. Before us we have blessings or curses. We can choose righteousness, which = blessings, being made safe (incorrectly translated as "salvation" - it doesn't quite mean that), or we can choose to live as the world lives, which = curses.

We are told that if we keep His commandments, it will be righteousness to us (Deut 6:25). I'm reading and no where have I seen where Yah expects us to keep the commandments perfectly, that is a NT concept. He expects to do our best, to repent for mistakes.

When Israel acted like the nations they basically chose curses. If you and I claim Him, yet act like the nations we too have chosen curses. Israel is no worse than the nations, those of backslidden Israel are basically a barometer for how far the world is from Yah's will. And one day, those unrighteous gentiles will realize how it was THEIR very own iniquity that was the problem (think of pagan gentiles/lawless xtians killing righteous Jews throughout the millennia). Gotta read the OT for yourself and stop with the regurgitated doctrine of lawlessness.

You fool yourself to think that the Torah/613 isn't about chesed, loving kindness. Its all about loving your neighbor! Imagine what a wonderful world we would live in if no one murdered, no one stole, no one coveted, it would be amazing! Keeping Torah is loving your neighbor! And for the record, the first time loving your neighbor was brought up is in Torah! Its not a "new" thing.

Faith in Jesus is more important than the faith of Jesus? Are you so sure about that?

I'd love for you to show me where in the OT it is stated. If its ESSENTIAL for all of our salvation, it should be there, repeatedly, 2-3 witnesses AT LEAST.
I follow the religion of Jesus Christ ... not the religion of Moses. I'm a Christian ... not a Jew. If I were a Jew I would fully agree with you but since I'm a Christian I must humbly disagree with you.

John 1:17,
"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 2:8-9,
"8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9Not of works, lest any man should boast."