Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Again...what is sin...and what DID we repent from? You quote a lot of Scripture above, and mention new covenant, but is not the new covenant Torah written upon the hearts? That's what Scripture says.

Also, foundationally, we must build on solid Rock...look at this prophecy concerning Messiah...how do you read it...and how would those who looked for Messiah when He came have read it?

Isa 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isa 42:2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.

Isa 42:3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

Isa 42:4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his Torah.
Isa 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the Torah, and make it honourable.

I'm in a pinch right now...will have to continue later...a fellow who was in prison (part of who I minister to) got out and I'm gonna take him and another brother to breakfast!
God bless your ministry. No worries about responding.

This parable is helpful:

Mark 2:21-22, "No man also seweth a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse. And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles."

Jesus Christ has revealed a better way than the old way. He didn't come to "new wine" in the "old bottle" but to give us new wine in a new bottle.