Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's More Righteous?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Wife & Mom View Post
    As a Christian, I believe that the Lord looks at "the intent of heart". My family and I DO celebrate Christmas as a religious reminder that Jesus left the majesty of heaven, took on human form so that He/God could fully understand the daily problems and temptations with which we struggle. (We should find immense comfort in the fact that He sits on the right hand of God and intercedes for us...because He personally experienced the very things with which we struggle.)

Yes, we DO put up a Christmas tree every year...yes, we DO put presents under the tree. However, we are NOT worshipping the tree nor are we presenting gifts to "the tree". God knows this...so I don't see any problem.

At Easter, we celebrate the glorious resurrection of our Savior. As a family, we attend Church service then gather for a traditional meal. During this time of fellowship, we are constantly aware of the reason that we set Easter Sunday apart from all other days; because of Jesus' victory over death and the grave, He ensures that we, too, will share in that victory. We do NOT worship the bunny or eggs...we worship ONLY our Lord God!

Until Islam becomes the "State Approved Religion" here in the USA, under our Constitution, each believer is free to worship as they choose. It is a very personal matter...one between each individual and the Creator. I find no fault with anyone who chooses not to celebrate Christmas and/or Easter and I would ask the same consideration from my Brothers and Sisters-in-Christ.

Peace & love in our Lord Jesus Christ!
    Thanks PW&M. I was born and raised in a Baptist household where Christmas and Easter were celebrated every year throughout my entire childhood. I switched to "Messianic/Hebrew Roots" when I was in my late 20s and totally gave up Christmas and Easter due to their pagan origin. However, I turned back to Christianity in recent years and have softened my heart on the issue. It really is a matter of the heart and of the conscience. I still don't get too involved with the festivities but I don't make an issue over anyone else who does. My wife still enjoys the Christmas season.

Thanks for your good, Christian witness.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    He's my Savior BECAUSE he "broke Torah." He's God over all including "Torah." He ended the cycle of animal sacrifice and, instead, became our once and for all time sacrifice. He "broke Torah" when He chose not to stone a woman found in adultery. He could have asked for witnesses and held a trial but chose not to condemn her as the Torah commands.

I agree 100%, AJ. When the temple curtain was torn in half, at the moment of Jesus' death on the cross, that marked the beginning of the New Covenant!

I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

"They who would give up essential liberties to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

God closes doors that no man can open and opens doors that no man can close.

AJ...I guess I'm a little confused here. Sometimes it's all just in the wording, so would you please clarify? This is NOT an attack, nor am I trying to nit-pick; 'just trying to get an understanding. You said earlier in your life you were involved in HR, then you RETURNED to Christianity. So are you saying that you could not properly worship YAHshua while involved with HR?

Yes I know there are some cultish assemblies out there (just like in Christian denominations), but fortunately I haven't come across those. The HR group I attend are very loving, caring, and sharing. There is no condemnation or feeling one is forced to do any certain thing. Most men wear tzit-tzits, but nothing is said to those who don't. Some women wear dresses, some don't. We do word study, then all share ideas. No one is told they are wrong or it "isn't that way." Yahshua is adored and elevated. He is the word that became flesh...His blood the salvation for all mankind (we get it ). I'm wondering if you had a bad experience as some have had. Again fortunately, I haven't been one of those. I'm proud of my HR heritage and choose to stay with it rather than than go back to the pagan roots (RCC) of Protestantism. Many in my family still observe those roots. That's their choice. Live and let live--we are accountable for our actions alone; I am not responsible for their actions. I am free indeed; whom the Son sets free is free indeed. I just found it strange you chose the words "returned to Christianity" as if you had turned your back on your faith. As I said...sometimes it's just the choice of words. We are all on the same path--striving to make heaven our goal. Soon He will return. HalleluYAH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    AJ...I guess I'm a little confused here. Sometimes it's all just in the wording, so would you please clarify? This is NOT an attack, nor am I trying to nit-pick; 'just trying to get an understanding. You said earlier in your life you were involved in HR, then you RETURNED to Christianity. So are you saying that you could not properly worship YAHshua while involved with HR?

Yes I know there are some cultish assemblies out there (just like in Christian denominations), but fortunately I haven't come across those. The HR group I attend are very loving, caring, and sharing. There is no condemnation or feeling one is forced to do any certain thing. Most men wear tzit-tzits, but nothing is said to those who don't. Some women wear dresses, some don't. We do word study, then all share ideas. No one is told they are wrong or it "isn't that way." Yahshua is adored and elevated. He is the word that became flesh...His blood the salvation for all mankind (we get it ). I'm wondering if you had a bad experience as some have had. Again fortunately, I haven't been one of those. I'm proud of my HR heritage and choose to stay with it rather than than go back to the pagan roots (RCC) of Protestantism. Many in my family still observe those roots. That's their choice. Live and let live--we are accountable for our actions alone; I am not responsible for their actions. I am free indeed; whom the Son sets free is free indeed. I just found it strange you chose the words "returned to Christianity" as if you had turned your back on your faith. As I said...sometimes it's just the choice of words. We are all on the same path--striving to make heaven our goal. Soon He will return. HalleluYAH!!!!
    Howdy. I belong to another forum where the HR members have made it clear that they are NOT Christians. As far as I can tell, they have drawn a line in the sand. One of them called the idea of Christ's grace "greasy grace" in a derogatory manner.

I believe that Jesus Christ changed the rules a bit. We're still called to live moral and ethical lives but we're no longer called to follow the letter of the Mosaic law. Many claim that Jesus Christ DID follow the letter of the law but we will never find Him stoning anyone or sacrificing animals. Therefore, He did NOT follow the letter of that law.

If we read the entire chapter of Matthew 5 we will find one of HR's favorite verses that differentiates between the "greatest in the Kingdom and the least in the Kingdom." But when you continue reading you will find that Jesus changes a few things. You'll see what I mean when you read that chapter.

I basically rest on the following verse when considering the difference between HR and Christianity:

John 1:17, "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

One of them called the idea of Christ's grace "greasy grace" in a derogatory manner.
    Oh boyz.

Here is the exact quote from "one of them":

"Greasy grace keeps people from keeping His commandments because they no longer fear Him, and they think all is covered, it'll end up OK."

That in no ways implies Yeshua's grace in a "derogotory" manner...it directly implies what one may chose to do AFTER receiving His grace.

Slander much?

I belong to another forum where the HR members have made it clear that they are NOT Christians.
    As in not believers in Yeshua? Is that you implication? I totally believe and accept (or rather that He has accepted me) Yeshua as my Saviour...but do you insist I be called a "Christian" to be "part of the club"?

Sorry...but I don't like the broad-brush tag that would lump me in with those who claim sun-day as sabbath, trade His moedim for pagan festivals, or eat pig (etc., etc., etc.,)...or be lumped together with your "other" "Christians" such as Harold Camping, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copelands, (etc., etc., etc.,) or those "Christians" of the Westboro persuasion.

Yes my friend, you can keep your name tags and mock all you want; slander away to your little hearts content.

Your fitting right in..."Christian".

He's my Savior BECAUSE he "broke Torah."
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Oh boyz.

Here is the exact quote from "one of them":

"Greasy grace keeps people from keeping His commandments because they no longer fear Him, and they think all is covered, it'll end up OK."

That in no ways implies Yeshua's grace in a "derogotory" manner...it directly implies what one may chose to do AFTER receiving His grace.

Slander much?
    Do you even know what "slander" means? Did I mention anyone's name? Did I accurately re-state what had been said? If you don't have a dictionary you really ought to consider buying one.

Grace is a precious gift paid for by the pure, red blood of Jesus Christ. It's not the slightest bit "greasy." Only a person who has little reverence for the perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ would refer to grace as "greasy grace."

What a person chooses to do after receiving that free gift has zero to do with the gift itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    As in not believers in Yeshua? Is that you implication? I totally believe and accept (or rather that He has accepted me) Yeshua as my Saviour...but do you insist I be called a "Christian" to be "part of the club"?

Sorry...but I don't like the broad-brush tag that would lump me in with those who claim sun-day as sabbath, trade His moedim for pagan festivals, or eat pig (etc., etc., etc.,)...or be lumped together with your "other" "Christians" such as Harold Camping, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copelands, (etc., etc., etc.,) or those "Christians" of the Westboro persuasion.

Yes my friend, you can keep your name tags and mock all you want; slander away to your little hearts content.

Your fitting right in..."Christian".
    No ... as in they have openly stated that they aren't Christians. Let us see if you are willing to call yourself a Christian or not and the topic will take care of itself.

I'll be waiting patiently.

No ... as in they have openly stated that they aren't Christians. Let us see if you are willing to call yourself a Christian or not and the topic will take care of itself.

I'll be waiting patiently.
    Thanks for waiting!

I think I have already answered quite thouroughly...what needs clarified? I am bought and paid for by Yeshua, my Messiah and my Redeemer.

Not good enough for you?

"Christians" fly under a wide banner...ordained homosexuals, some headed by a pope, others following Campings of the world, some saying to "name it and claim it", some "Christians" claim that eve had sex with satan (by the way, I guess you can tell by now how much I despise that certain, twisted, doctrine you hold)...sorry...that's not the flag I chose to fly under.

YMMV