Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 124

Thread: Who's More Righteous?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Thanks for waiting!

    I think I have already answered quite thouroughly...what needs clarified? I am bought and paid for by Yeshua, my Messiah and my Redeemer.

    Not good enough for you?

    "Christians" fly under a wide banner...ordained homosexuals, some headed by a pope, others following Campings of the world, some saying to "name it and claim it", some "Christians" claim that eve had sex with satan (by the way, I guess you can tell by now how much I despise that certain, twisted, doctrine you hold)...sorry...that's not the flag I chose to fly under.

    YMMV
    As usual, you've found a way to turn the thread into a personal thing instead of a simple discussion. If you don't like my threads or my topics you're free to roam elsewhere. Nobody is twisting your arm.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mother Lode
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    As usual, you've found a way to turn the thread into a personal thing instead of a simple discussion. If you don't like my threads or my topics you're free to roam elsewhere. Nobody is twisting your arm.
    LOL! I believe it was you that said:

    "I belong to another forum where the HR members have made it clear that they are NOT Christians. As far as I can tell, they have drawn a line in the sand. One of them called the idea of Christ's grace "greasy grace" in a derogatory manner."

    What? Is it a "personal thing" to say that you espouse the "serpent had sex with Eve" doctrine? And that part of the outcome was this passage in reference to the actual spawn of satanic sperm???

    Joh 8:44Ye are ofyourfather the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

    Oh boyz. Let the reader beware.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    20,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post

    "Greasy grace keeps people from keeping His commandments because they no longer fear Him, and they think all is covered, it'll end up OK."
    1 John 4:18
    There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

    To those who are born again, a child of God, a New Creation, a member of the body of Christ, we are reconciled to Him.

    He leads us. There is no need for fear because there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
    Romans 8:1
    [ Life Through the Spirit ] Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

    He is the perfect husband who gave His all for us. We love Him with every fiber of our being. We only want to please Him.

    I no more fear Him than I did my beloved husband. He loved me and I loved him. There was no reason for fear.

    Our lives were focused around making each other happy. That is the same way with those of us who have died to self and been born again. Our world is all about making our Lord happy and we hear and know His voice and follow Him.

    If anyone is afraid of God they are not reconciled to Him and do not belong to Him. They are still facing judgment and have a reason to fear.

    Romans 5:10
    For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

    2 Cor 5
    16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[b] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

    1 Peter 1:23
    For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

    Romans 7:4
    So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

    Romans 8:9
    You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

    John 1:12-13
    Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

    Matthew 5 (New International Version)

    ---Amuzgo de Guerrero (AMU)--- Amuzgo de Guerrero ---العربية (AR)--- Arabic Life Application Bible ---Български (BG)--- 1940 Bulgarian Bible Bulgarian Bible ---Chinanteco de Comaltepec (CCO)--- Chinanteco de Comaltepec ---Cakchiquel Occidental (CKW)--- Cakchiquel Occidental ---Kreyol (CPF)--- Haitian Creole Version ---Čeština (CS)--- Slovo na cestu ---Dansk (DA)--- Dette er Biblen på dansk ---Deutsch (DE)--- Hoffnung für Alle Luther Bibel 1545 ---English (EN)--- 21st Century King James Version American Standard Version Amplified Bible Common English Bible Contemporary English Version Darby Translation Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition English Standard Version GOD’S WORD Translation Good News Translation Holman Christian Standard Bible King James Version The Message New American Standard Bible New Century Version New International Reader's Version New International Version New International Version 1984 New International Version - UK New King James Version New Living Translation Today's New International Version Worldwide English (New Testament) Wycliffe New Testament Young's Literal Translation ---Español (ES)--- La Biblia de las Américas Castilian Dios Habla Hoy Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana de Hoy Nueva Traducción Viviente Nueva Versión Internacional Reina Valera Contemporánea Reina-Valera 1960 Reina-Valera 1995 Reina-Valera Antigua Traducción en lenguaje actual ---Français (FR)--- La Bible du Semeur Louis Segond ---Κοινη (GRC)--- 1550 Stephanus New Testament 1881 Westcott-Hort New Testament 1894 Scrivener New Testament SBL Greek New Testament ---תירביע (HE)--- The Westminster Leningrad Codex ---Ilonggo (HIL)--- Hiligaynon Bible ---Hrvatski (HR)--- Croatian Bible ---Magyar (HU)--- Hungarian Károli ---Íslenska (IS)--- Icelandic Bible ---Italiano (IT)--- Conferenza Episcopale Italiana La Nuova Diodati La Parola è Vita ---Jacalteco, Oriental (JAC)--- Jacalteco, Oriental ---Kekchi (KEK)--- Kekchi ---Latina (LA)--- Biblia Sacra Vulgata ---Māori (MI)--- Maori Bible ---Macedonian (MK)--- Macedonian New Testament ---Mam, Central (MVC)--- Mam, Central ---Mam, Todos Santos (MVJ)--- Mam de Todos Santos Chuchumatán ---Plautdietsch (NDS)--- Reimer 2001 ---Náhuatl de Guerrero (NGU)--- Náhuatl de Guerrero ---Nederlands (NL)--- Het Boek ---Norsk (NO)--- Det Norsk Bibelselskap 1930 Levande Bibeln ---Português (PT)--- João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada O Livro ---Quiché, Centro Occidenta (QUT)--- Quiché, Centro Occidental ---Română (RO)--- Romanian Romanian ---Русский (RU)--- Russian Synodal Version Slovo Zhizny ---Slovenčina (SK)--- Nádej pre kazdého ---Shqip (SQ)--- Albanian Bible ---Svenska (SV)--- Levande Bibeln Svenska 1917 ---Kiswahili (SW)--- Swahili New Testament ---Tagalog (TL)--- Ang Salita ng Diyos ---Українська (UK)--- Ukrainian Bible ---Uspanteco (USP)--- Uspanteco ---Tiêng Viêt (VI)--- 1934 Vietnamese Bible ---汉语 (ZH)--- Chinese Union Version (Simplified) Chinese Union Version (Traditional)
    Page Options

    Add parallel



    Show resources

    Show Commentary
    Matthew 5

    New International Version (NIV)

    Matthew 5

    Introduction to the Sermon on the Mount

    1 Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them.The Beatitudes

    He said: 3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4 Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
    5 Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
    6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
    7 Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
    8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
    9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called children of God.
    10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.


    Luke 18
    9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ 13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
    14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    1 John 4:18
    There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

    To those who are born again, a child of God, a New Creation, a member of the body of Christ, we are reconciled to Him.

    He leads us. There is no need for fear because there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
    Romans 8:1
    [ Life Through the Spirit ] Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

    He is the perfect husband who gave His all for us. We love Him with every fiber of our being. We only want to please Him.

    I no more fear Him than I did my beloved husband. He loved me and I loved him. There was no reason for fear.

    Our lives were focused around making each other happy. That is the same way with those of us who have died to self and been born again. Our world is all about making our Lord happy and we hear and know His voice and follow Him.

    If anyone is afraid of God they are not reconciled to Him and do not belong to Him. They are still facing judgment and have a reason to fear.

    Romans 5:10
    For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

    2 Cor 5
    16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[b] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

    1 Peter 1:23
    For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

    Romans 7:4
    So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

    Romans 8:9
    You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

    John 1:12-13
    Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

    Matthew 5 (New International Version)

    ---Amuzgo de Guerrero (AMU)--- Amuzgo de Guerrero ---العربية (AR)--- Arabic Life Application Bible ---Български (BG)--- 1940 Bulgarian Bible Bulgarian Bible ---Chinanteco de Comaltepec (CCO)--- Chinanteco de Comaltepec ---Cakchiquel Occidental (CKW)--- Cakchiquel Occidental ---Kreyol (CPF)--- Haitian Creole Version ---Čeština (CS)--- Slovo na cestu ---Dansk (DA)--- Dette er Biblen på dansk ---Deutsch (DE)--- Hoffnung für Alle Luther Bibel 1545 ---English (EN)--- 21st Century King James Version American Standard Version Amplified Bible Common English Bible Contemporary English Version Darby Translation Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition English Standard Version GOD’S WORD Translation Good News Translation Holman Christian Standard Bible King James Version The Message New American Standard Bible New Century Version New International Reader's Version New International Version New International Version 1984 New International Version - UK New King James Version New Living Translation Today's New International Version Worldwide English (New Testament) Wycliffe New Testament Young's Literal Translation ---Español (ES)--- La Biblia de las Américas Castilian Dios Habla Hoy Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana de Hoy Nueva Traducción Viviente Nueva Versión Internacional Reina Valera Contemporánea Reina-Valera 1960 Reina-Valera 1995 Reina-Valera Antigua Traducción en lenguaje actual ---Français (FR)--- La Bible du Semeur Louis Segond ---Κοινη (GRC)--- 1550 Stephanus New Testament 1881 Westcott-Hort New Testament 1894 Scrivener New Testament SBL Greek New Testament ---תירביע (HE)--- The Westminster Leningrad Codex ---Ilonggo (HIL)--- Hiligaynon Bible ---Hrvatski (HR)--- Croatian Bible ---Magyar (HU)--- Hungarian Károli ---Íslenska (IS)--- Icelandic Bible ---Italiano (IT)--- Conferenza Episcopale Italiana La Nuova Diodati La Parola è Vita ---Jacalteco, Oriental (JAC)--- Jacalteco, Oriental ---Kekchi (KEK)--- Kekchi ---Latina (LA)--- Biblia Sacra Vulgata ---Māori (MI)--- Maori Bible ---Macedonian (MK)--- Macedonian New Testament ---Mam, Central (MVC)--- Mam, Central ---Mam, Todos Santos (MVJ)--- Mam de Todos Santos Chuchumatán ---Plautdietsch (NDS)--- Reimer 2001 ---Náhuatl de Guerrero (NGU)--- Náhuatl de Guerrero ---Nederlands (NL)--- Het Boek ---Norsk (NO)--- Det Norsk Bibelselskap 1930 Levande Bibeln ---Português (PT)--- João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada O Livro ---Quiché, Centro Occidenta (QUT)--- Quiché, Centro Occidental ---Română (RO)--- Romanian Romanian ---Русский (RU)--- Russian Synodal Version Slovo Zhizny ---Slovenčina (SK)--- Nádej pre kazdého ---Shqip (SQ)--- Albanian Bible ---Svenska (SV)--- Levande Bibeln Svenska 1917 ---Kiswahili (SW)--- Swahili New Testament ---Tagalog (TL)--- Ang Salita ng Diyos ---Українська (UK)--- Ukrainian Bible ---Uspanteco (USP)--- Uspanteco ---Tiêng Viêt (VI)--- 1934 Vietnamese Bible ---汉语 (ZH)--- Chinese Union Version (Simplified) Chinese Union Version (Traditional)
    Page Options

    Add parallel



    Show resources

    Show Commentary
    Matthew 5

    New International Version (NIV)

    Matthew 5

    Introduction to the Sermon on the Mount

    1 Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them.The Beatitudes

    He said: 3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4 Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
    5 Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
    6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
    7 Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
    8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
    9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called children of God.
    10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.


    Luke 18
    9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ 13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
    14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
    Amen Emily. The blood of Jesus Christ is so vastly more powerful than anything any fallen man can do that it's literally "out of this world." To think that there is anything that we can do to improve upon the free gift of grace is borderline ludicrous.

    Thanks for your post.

    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    LOL! I believe it was you that said:

    "I belong to another forum where the HR members have made it clear that they are NOT Christians. As far as I can tell, they have drawn a line in the sand. One of them called the idea of Christ's grace "greasy grace" in a derogatory manner."

    .
    Were you the person who called the grace of Jesus Christ, "greasy?" If not ... then there's really no reason for you to take it personally (unless you believe it's greasy as well).

    Here's my understanding of the term "Christian":

    Acts 11:26, "And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."

    I'm more than happy to identify with this group of Christians.

    I'm pretty fond of this verse as well:

    1 Peter 4:16, "Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf."

    I have no reason to be ashamed of my Christian Roots. If Christ is the living Tree then Christians are His branches.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,000

    Default

    i will take grace over the law any day,and there is nothing greasy about it.
    God made the way through his Son ,and it is perfect.imo

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebee View Post
    i will take grace over the law any day,and there is nothing greasy about it.
    God made the way through his Son ,and it is perfect.imo
    Thanks brother.

    If a person wants the blessings of God he or she only needs to follow these simple steps:

    "3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
    5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
    6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
    7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
    8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
    9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
    10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
    12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."
    Matthew 5:3-12
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    20,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    Thanks brother.

    If a person wants the blessings of God he or she only needs to follow these simple steps:

    "3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
    5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
    6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
    7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
    8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
    9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
    10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
    12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."
    Matthew 5:3-12
    That is a perfect response AJ.

    I hope you won't mind if I add to what I have learned about the beatitudes.

    These are my notes from when I listened to John MacArthur on the beatitudes. What he said resonated so I wrote it down to share.

    Blessed are those who

    Are Poor in Spirit – poverty of spirit – broken spirit –we need to abandon religious acts and sacrifices and pride and self confidence in how ‘good’ we are. To realize our spiritual poverty – not financial - is a spirit who bows and cries for mercy that is undeserved and receiving grace because God is so loving
    Realizing the poverty of your spiritual position in eternity
    Letting go of your own self righteousness
    Realizing how unworthy you are to receive heaven
    Until you see how bankrupt you are you will never realize the incredible gift that Jesus offers.

    Blessed are those who
    Mourn – mourning our wrongs and our own sin and the hurt we have caused to others, but more importantly God.
    Blessed are those who are
    Meek, humble – a tamed lion yielding to their master: allow the Holy Spirit to lead and be our strength – the opposite from the self centered strong willed sin nature. It is not weakness it is power under control and the control is in their master’s hands.

    Blessed are those who
    Hunger and thirst for righteousness - Any blessings I receive must be from God alone. I trust in God, I wait for God. When the prodigal son was hungry – he fed with the pigs. When he was starving – he went to his father. God wants us hungry enough to want real and true food that only He can provide. What should consume you is to be right with God no matter what the cost. You hunger for a righteousness that is acceptable to God and only Jesus can provide this. Meek – he is free from self in every way – pride, boasting, paranoia to protect and glorify self.

    Blessed are the
    Merciful – forgiving others especially when they don’t deserve it. Leaving any justice to God.
    Pure in heart – seeking the purity of the Holy Spirit with one mind in bringing glory to God in all we do; Seeking His will.
    Peacemakers – yielding ourselves to seek peace over ‘winning’ no matter what our pride wants or no matter what the cost
    Persecuted – we will be hated for turning the world upside down and telling people that those who think they are wonderful are really sinners.
    Does someone go to the doctor only for pain medication to relieve the pain? Does someone go to the hospital and let the anesthesiologist only put him to sleep to ease his pain? Or to fix what is causing the pain?

    People who come to Jesus to have Him make them happy – miss the whole point.
    Jesus is the perfect physician – He wants to make you whole. Becoming whole as God knows we can be is far richer and more perfect than we can possibly understand until we are there.

    It isn’t a matter of removing the pain – but removing the cause for the pain.

    Beatitudes – Jesus changed all the price tags on earth of what was of great value.

    Happiness and peace are not things that thieves can steel and fire can devour.

    In my opinion, I honestly believe that the Sermon on the Mount is probably one of the hardest and most misunderstood scriptures that is given to us in the New Testament. Again, in my opinion, it is that way because before you can understand His message, you have to know Him and hear His voice. The message is written to be understood with the heart of love, the humility of a surrendered spirit, and through the perspective of God with an eternal lens that only He can show those who seek Him.

    Jesus really did change the price tags and that angers some, confuses others, and exposes false teachers. To all who do not understand the Sermon on the Mount, we are to tell them: Seek and you will find, Ask and it will be given.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    That is a perfect response AJ.

    I hope you won't mind if I add to what I have learned about the beatitudes.

    These are my notes from when I listened to John MacArthur on the beatitudes. What he said resonated so I wrote it down to share.

    Blessed are those who

    Are Poor in Spirit – poverty of spirit – broken spirit –we need to abandon religious acts and sacrifices and pride and self confidence in how ‘good’ we are. To realize our spiritual poverty – not financial - is a spirit who bows and cries for mercy that is undeserved and receiving grace because God is so loving
    Realizing the poverty of your spiritual position in eternity
    Letting go of your own self righteousness
    Realizing how unworthy you are to receive heaven
    Until you see how bankrupt you are you will never realize the incredible gift that Jesus offers.

    Blessed are those who
    Mourn – mourning our wrongs and our own sin and the hurt we have caused to others, but more importantly God.
    Blessed are those who are
    Meek, humble – a tamed lion yielding to their master: allow the Holy Spirit to lead and be our strength – the opposite from the self centered strong willed sin nature. It is not weakness it is power under control and the control is in their master’s hands.

    Blessed are those who
    Hunger and thirst for righteousness - Any blessings I receive must be from God alone. I trust in God, I wait for God. When the prodigal son was hungry – he fed with the pigs. When he was starving – he went to his father. God wants us hungry enough to want real and true food that only He can provide. What should consume you is to be right with God no matter what the cost. You hunger for a righteousness that is acceptable to God and only Jesus can provide this. Meek – he is free from self in every way – pride, boasting, paranoia to protect and glorify self.

    Blessed are the
    Merciful – forgiving others especially when they don’t deserve it. Leaving any justice to God.
    Pure in heart – seeking the purity of the Holy Spirit with one mind in bringing glory to God in all we do; Seeking His will.
    Peacemakers – yielding ourselves to seek peace over ‘winning’ no matter what our pride wants or no matter what the cost
    Persecuted – we will be hated for turning the world upside down and telling people that those who think they are wonderful are really sinners.
    Does someone go to the doctor only for pain medication to relieve the pain? Does someone go to the hospital and let the anesthesiologist only put him to sleep to ease his pain? Or to fix what is causing the pain?

    People who come to Jesus to have Him make them happy – miss the whole point.
    Jesus is the perfect physician – He wants to make you whole. Becoming whole as God knows we can be is far richer and more perfect than we can possibly understand until we are there.

    It isn’t a matter of removing the pain – but removing the cause for the pain.

    Beatitudes – Jesus changed all the price tags on earth of what was of great value.

    Happiness and peace are not things that thieves can steel and fire can devour.

    In my opinion, I honestly believe that the Sermon on the Mount is probably one of the hardest and most misunderstood scriptures that is given to us in the New Testament. Again, in my opinion, it is that way because before you can understand His message, you have to know Him and hear His voice. The message is written to be understood with the heart of love, the humility of a surrendered spirit, and through the perspective of God with an eternal lens that only He can show those who seek Him.

    Jesus really did change the price tags and that angers some, confuses others, and exposes false teachers. To all who do not understand the Sermon on the Mount, we are to tell them: Seek and you will find, Ask and it will be given.
    Thanks Emily. During this "Great Falling Away" from the faith and the Gospel message these days it's refreshing to drink the cool water of truth.

    I find it interesting that the beatitudes also describe what is necessary to "inherit the Kingdom":

    3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

    10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    20,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    Thanks Emily. During this "Great Falling Away" from the faith and the Gospel message these days it's refreshing to drink the cool water of truth.

    I find it interesting that the beatitudes also describe what is necessary to "inherit the Kingdom":

    3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

    10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Amen!

    And thank you for the additional insight. The depths of the wisdom of the scriptures seems endless sometimes.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •