Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's More Righteous?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Question of jurisdiction

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    Two men stand before Jesus Christ on Judgement Day. Which of the two is righteous enough to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?:

1) The thief who was crucified next to Jesus Christ; who publicly declared His belief that Jesus Christ was the Lord; and whom Christ promised would "be with Me in paradise?" Luke 23:43 (Remember: the thief lived a life of lawlessness and received the death penalty as a result).

or

2) A man who diligently kept all 613 "Torah" laws; rested on every sabbath day; sacrificed a lamb without blemish as commanded by the Torah; and even wore his tzitzits religiously but who didn't trust in the power of Christ's blood and the free gift of grace?

Which of the two spends eternity in the Kingdom of Heaven?
    Is it your choice — to admit one and only one, and damn the other?

There is only One who chooses. Are there any who would claim authority to overrule that One?
    Many's the time I've been mistaken, And many times confused;
    Yes, and I've often felt forsaken, And certainly misused .... ~ Paul Simon, "American Tune"

One can only play with your mind if you allow them to. ~ dilligaf

YOUR DUTY IS TO FIND THE TRUTH IN EACH TOPIC.
    Stand and discuss the matter to the fullest extent
    ~ HouseWolf

Quote Originally Posted by forever blessed View Post
    Are there any who would claim authority to overrule that One?
    And thus the stupidity of the premise to begin with.

Don't you all realize that He has already chosen all of us?

What each one of us does with His free Gift is the only thing that qualifies or disqualifies us for admission to Heaven...

NO ONE has any righteousness except the righteousness that is IMPUTED upon each one who receives God's free Gift, Jesus Christ...

It's one thing to teach and discuss in love these things, but it's another thing to see what's going on here...

Why argue or be snide, over this? It's called wrestling with the scriptures to your destruction... Just accept what God has said and get over yourselves!!!

How dare we posit our superiority as though we had cornered the market on wisdom? Get over your silly selves! The only thing that is important is your full love for God and your full love for your neighbors!

There is only one thing that is more important than your feelings and it is this, "Are your neighbors saved?" If not, how come you aren't busy praying for their salvation instead of this "I'm holier than you are" spew I'm seeing here?

Quit wasting the time God gave you and get to work telling your neighbors His Good News! What is the Good News? You silly half-wit! God has reconciled us to Him through His Son, Jesus!

We are already reconciled to Him, but it's going to be wasted unless you start telling people about it.

Get busy and let's start supporting each other with love instead of this "I'm holier than you" game I always see playing out on this forum...

Somebody has to say this, or would you rather hear it from Jesus Himself?
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post
    Don't you all realize that He has already chosen all of us?

What each one of us does with His free Gift is the only thing that qualifies or disqualifies us for admission to Heaven...

NO ONE has any righteousness except the righteousness that is IMPUTED upon each one who receives God's free Gift, Jesus Christ...

It's one thing to teach and discuss in love these things, but it's another thing to see what's going on here...

Why argue or be snide, over this? It's called wrestling with the scriptures to your destruction... Just accept what God has said and get over yourselves!!!

How dare we posit our superiority as though we had cornered the market on wisdom? Get over your silly selves! The only thing that is important is your full love for God and your full love for your neighbors!

There is only one thing that is more important than your feelings and it is this, "Are your neighbors saved?" If not, how come you aren't busy praying for their salvation instead of this "I'm holier than you are" spew I'm seeing here?

Quit wasting the time God gave you and get to work telling your neighbors His Good News! What is the Good News? You silly half-wit! God has reconciled us to Him through His Son, Jesus!

We are already reconciled to Him, but it's going to be wasted unless you start telling people about it.

Get busy and let's start supporting each other with love instead of this "I'm holier than you" game I always see playing out on this forum...

Somebody has to say this, or would you rather hear it from Jesus Himself?
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^ This. Definitely this.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Quote Originally Posted by forever blessed View Post
    Is it your choice — to admit one and only one, and damn the other?

There is only One who chooses. Are there any who would claim authority to overrule that One?
    Amen. Jesus Christ so loved his fallen child that He accepted him into the fold at the very last minute. Grace is the free gift not earned. Believe in Jesus Christ and the gift is free for anyone with faith in Him.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

Why are we talking about salvation, I thought we were talking about obedience?

Quote Originally Posted by 119 View Post
    Eh...I think it had something to do with the OP's question. Who is going to heaven? One who is obedient to the Law, or one who is a believer in Christ, but does good works rather than trying to keep Torah.

Something like that.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Quote Originally Posted by Melodious Musician View Post
    Eh...I think it had something to do with the OP's question. Who is going to heaven? One who is obedient to the Law, or one who is a believer in Christ, but does good works rather than trying to keep Torah.

Something like that.
    Exactly. Torah keepers hate the concept. I'm not sure why unless it seems too simple. I have nothing against someone who wants to live back in the days of Moses and do as Moses did. If they still have faith in Jesus Christ then they'll see the Kingdom. I feel the same way about Catholics and Mormons. If they have faith in Jesus Christ then they, too, will see the Kingdom. The thief on the cross didn't belong to any particular denomination and yet he was with Christ in Paradise based on faith alone.

Quote Originally Posted by 119 View Post
    No sir. We're talking about faith that leads to salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    No sir. We're talking about faith that leads to salvation.
    Does faith yield salvation and obedience?